Author Topic: American Malls Are Threatened by Somalian Terrorists — and the DHS Secretary Is Warning Shoppers of the Danger  (Read 6689 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/02/22/homeland-security-secretary-warns-shoppers-of-the-terror-threat-posed-to-mall-of-america/

American Malls Are Threatened by Somalian Terrorists — and the DHS Secretary Is Warning Shoppers of the Danger
Feb. 22, 2015 9:31am   Zach Noble

It’s a chilling, very specific message — and it had Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson warning shoppers of the threat.

The masked man in al-Shabab’s video calling for attacks on malls. (Image via CNN)
After Somalia-based terror group al-Shabab released a video calling for attacks on shopping malls throughout the U.S., U.K. and Canada, Johnson took to CNN Sunday morning to advise caution.

“If anyone is planning to go to the Mall of America today, they’ve got to be particularly careful,” Johnson told CNN’s Gloria Borger. ”There will be enhanced security there, but public vigilance, public awareness and public caution in situations like this is particularly important, and it’s the environment we’re in, frankly.”

The Minnesota Mall of America was one of the malls listed by name in al-Shabab’s Saturday video, and has promised to boost security measures.

As CNN noted, al-Shabab could have special pull in Minneapolis due to the city being home to America’s largest Somali population.

The call to shopping mall violence harkens back to al-Shabab’s 2013 terror attack on a mall in Nairobi, Kenya — an attack in which several Americans were reported to have participated.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Lots of Somalis in Minneapolis.  They've got a large pool of possible terrorists in the Twin Cities.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Lando Lincoln

It is bound to happen, it seems. Thank goodness it will be random.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Lots of Somalis in Minneapolis.  They've got a large pool of possible terrorists in the Twin Cities.

You would then expect the Mall of America to beef up security, even if the overall story is fabricated.

...wondering if that means they'll, God forbid...., PROFILE customers of color entering the mall property.

The way the headlines read today, they should have the mall fenced and barb-wired, together with security towers every 200 ft.   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline olde north church

Surprised the picture isn't of a white male in old Army fatigues.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I have a few questions re the timing of this *video*...when exactly was it made....and is it a coincidence that DHS needs funding by Sat to help keep America safe.....just scaring the American people to pressure Congress to pass the DHS budget.....I am getting sooo cynical in my old age...especially with this Admin
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Lando Lincoln

I have a few questions re the timing of this *video*...when exactly was it made....and is it a coincidence that DHS needs funding by Sat to help keep America safe.....just scaring the American people to pressure Congress to pass the DHS budget.....I am getting sooo cynical in my old age...especially with this Admin

Valid comments, myst.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline andy58-in-nh

:beer:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline evadR

Amish...again???

When are we going to do something about this?
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

Not cynical in your old age Mystery - getting WISER!  Those are brilliant observations - and I think you are right.  We have to study every news-bit that is released now, because we KNOW there is an agenda behind it.

blij26

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

WELL played!   :patriot:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
I guess we should start bombing Somalia.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

Your cynicism is well noted, mystery....... and brings up a point I hadn't thought of.

Offline musiclady

I guess we should start bombing Somalia.

Sometimes you really seem dense, Dex.......

Offline Dexter

Sometimes you really seem dense, Dex.......

I thought from your perspective I seemed dense all the time. Your post implies that often times I do not seem dense. I'll take that as a compliment; thank you.
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

I thought from your perspective I seemed dense all the time. Your post implies that often times I do not seem dense. I'll take that as a compliment; thank you.

You could have taken this opportunity to explain your seemingly meaningless and obstreperous post, Dex.

If I thought you were dense ALL the time, I wouldn't bother with you ever.  But once in a while, there is a crack through which I believe knowledge might just pass and growth might take place.  That you possess intelligence is never in doubt.  That you possess wisdom, knowledge or understanding seems highly unlikely based on your comments here....

This clearly is not one of those 'teachable' moments for you.

Carry on......
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 07:32:28 pm by musiclady »

Offline Dexter

You could have taken this opportunity to explain your seemingly meaningless and obstreperous post, Dex.

I was being a smart ass. I think you're perceptive enough to understand the intent of my post.
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

I was being a smart ass. I think you're perceptive enough to understand the intent of my post.

The intent was to prove you were a smart ass?   

At least you've admitted that it wasn't to make any point or to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way.

Offline Dexter

The intent was to prove you were a smart ass?   

The intent was to be a smart ass.

At least you've admitted that it wasn't to make any point or to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way.

You can make plenty of points through being a smart ass.
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

The intent was to be a smart ass.

You can make plenty of points through being a smart ass.

Except for the times when you fail.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

You were being a smart ass...you don't think too much of us do you?...
Support the USO

Offline Dexter

You were being a smart ass...you don't think too much of us do you?...

I think what I said has officially been blown out of proportion. 
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

Nope.

It was a smart ass (i.e. stupid) comment indicating that you don't think much of us.

That's not 'out of proportion.'

It's reality.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

You must think we are all of the *bomb them back to the stone age* mentality.....referencing Somalia was poor judgement on your part as many military families here..Somalia is still a fresh wound on how a CinC can foresake his troops in battle.
Support the USO

Offline Dexter

Nope.

It was a smart ass (i.e. stupid) comment indicating that you don't think much of us.

That's not 'out of proportion.'

It's reality.

If you say so.  :pondering:
-Socrates