Author Topic: Obama to seek emergency order restarting immigration programs  (Read 1038 times)

Offline flowers

Obama to seek emergency order restarting immigration programs
« on: February 20, 2015, 07:41:23 pm »
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/233343-obama-to-seek-emergency-court-order-in-immigration-fight

The Obama administration will seek an emergency court order to move forward with President Obama’s executive action on immigration.

Officials at the Department of Justice (DOJ) plan to seek what is known as an emergency stay that would essentially undo a Texas-based federal judge's injunction from earlier this week. If the stay is granted, the government could restart a pair of executive programs that will shield millions of undocumented immigrants from deportation.

White House press secretary Josh Earnest said DOJ will file for the stay by "Monday at the latest."

The emergency stay had been sought by immigrant rights advocates, who want to get the programs up and running as soon as possible while the appeals process plays out.

"We — as immigrants and as Americans — have waited for nearly a quarter century for these much-needed improvements to our broken immigration system," Marielena Hincapié, head of the National Immigration Law Center (NILC), said Friday in a statement. "We should not allow a flawed legal decision to delay these changes any longer.”

ADVERTISEMENT
Making good on earlier vows, DOJ will also file a separate appeal seeking to restart the executive programs.

Offline GourmetDan

Re: Obama to seek emergency order restarting immigration programs
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 07:47:09 pm »

Amazing that our administration now openly works to destroy our borders and invite illegals to 'Come on Down!'.

And nobody can figure out a way to stop it.  My, my...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 07:53:52 pm »
The Obama administration will seek an emergency court order to move forward with President Obama’s executive action on immigration.

If they go to the 5th Circuit for it they are wasting their time!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 07:58:20 pm »

Amazing that our administration now openly works to destroy our borders and invite illegals to 'Come on Down!'.

There's a way to stop it but no one on Cap Hill has the guts to do it.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 08:05:39 pm »

The problem is, powerful people want open borders, or it wouldn't happen.

We're just passengers on S.S. America as she steams full speed ahead into the iceberg.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 08:30:47 pm »
The problem is, powerful people want open borders, or it wouldn't happen.

We're just passengers on S.S. America as she steams full speed ahead into the iceberg.

Your right and they are banking that there are more anti-law and order people than there are pro-law and order.
This is not going to end well I am afraid.

Offline flowers

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 09:27:27 pm »
There's a way to stop it but no one on Cap Hill has the guts  will to do it.
  fixed it. They want it.  :smokin: