Author Topic: Shock poll: Warren leads Clinton in Iowa, N.H.  (Read 3462 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Shock poll: Warren leads Clinton in Iowa, N.H.
« on: February 11, 2015, 07:49:13 pm »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/shock-poll-warren-leads-clinton-in-iowa-n.h./article/2560098

Shock poll: Warren leads Clinton in Iowa, N.H.
By Paul Bedard | February 11, 2015 | 11:32 am

Populist groups cheering "Run Warren Run," today released 2016 election polls from Iowa and New Hampshire showing Sen. Elizabeth Warren ahead of dominant Democrat Hillary Clinton.

The YouGov poll of likely Democratic voters for MoveOn.org and Democracy for America also found that 79 percent want Warren and majorities support her anti-Wall Street positions.

Warren has said she doesn't plan to challenge Clinton, though several others have indicated that they are looking at a bid, including Vice President Joe Biden and Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt.

The poll of 400 conducted Jan. 30 to Feb. 5 put Warren ahead of Clinton in Iowa, 31 percent to 24 percent. In New Hampshire, her lead is 30 percent to 27 percent.

The groups cautioned that the poll mostly shows that voters are extremely open to her candidacy rather than her being a Clinton killer. They hope to use the poll to encourage Warren to change her position and get into the race.

The poll analysis said: "The results show that, after likely caucus goers and primary voters learn about Elizabeth Warren’s biography and issue positions, not only do a stunning 79 percent say they want her to run, but, in both states, Warren ends up leading all other potential Democratic candidates in a head-to-head ballot question."

Key findings:

— Virtually all likely primary voters and caucusgoers indicate support for a contested race, with 98 percent agreeing that a competitive primary is good for the party, candidates and voters.

— When they are informed about Warren’s biography and issue positions, 79 percent of respondents say they would like her to run for president in 2016.

— After respondents hear about Warren’s positions and biography, without any negative information provided about other candidates, Elizabeth Warren leads all other candidates for the nomination in both states: 31 percent to 24 percent over Hillary Clinton in Iowa (with other potential candidates further behind) and 30 percent to 27 percent in New Hampshire.

The full results are here.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Shock poll: Warren leads Clinton in Iowa, N.H.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 08:03:38 pm »
If this poll is even in the ballpark, Hillaryland is under an earthquake watch.
The Republic is lost.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 08:10:28 pm »
A Warren candidacy would follow in the tradition set earlier by George McGovern and Michael Dukakis, and by Baraq Hussein Obama.

Hopefully contemporary conservatism can rediscover their common sense bearings, and defeat Warren like they did McGovern and Dukakis.

The strategy of the left will be a version of populism, encompassing progressive-liberalism fully. Obama did it, and Warren could do it, too.

It won't work to insult some voters, as Reagan Romney did with his 47% remarks. The fatal flaw of that insult, was lumping together multi-generational welfare takers, with good people who worked all their lives, served in the military, and end up with social security and Medicare.

Any real conservative that thinks insulting certain voter groups is the path to victory is misinformed.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 08:39:31 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 08:23:42 pm »
A Warren candidacy would follow in the tradition set earlier by George McGovern and Michael Dukakis, and by Baraq Hussein Obama.

Hopefully contemporary conservatism can rediscover their common sense bearings, and defeat Warren like they did McGovern and Dukakis.

The strategy of the left will be a version of populism, encompassing progressive-liberalism fully. Obama did it, and Warren could do it, too.

It won't work to insult some voters, as Reagan did with his 47% remarks. The fatal flaw of that insult, was lumping together multi-generational welfare takers, with good people who worked all their lives, served in the military, and end up with social security and Medicare.

Any real conservative that thinks insulting certain voter groups is the path to victory is misinformed.

Romney.   :patriot:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 08:34:49 pm »
Romney.   :patriot:
Obviously I made a grievous mistake, and readily admit it offering no excuse. I am sorry and bear full responsibility.

Of course I meant Romney, but was thinking about how successful Reagan was to deliver his message without distancing himself from voter groups.

Offline Carling

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 08:38:25 pm »

It won't work to insult some voters, as Reagan did with his 47% remarks. The fatal flaw of that insult, was lumping together multi-generational welfare takers, with good people who worked all their lives, served in the military, and end up with social security and Medicare.

I don't think Warren can run on the Obama strategy.  After 8 years of platitudes, voters are going to want some substance.  I think a Scott Walker or Rick Perry offer a striking contrast to Fauxcahontas, who has won exactly one election in her life, and did it in a state that didn't offer much of a challenge for her to win. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 08:45:50 pm »
I don't think Warren can run on the Obama strategy.  After 8 years of platitudes, voters are going to want some substance.  I think a Scott Walker or Rick Perry offer a striking contrast to Fauxcahontas, who has won exactly one election in her life, and did it in a state that didn't offer much of a challenge for her to win.
And I'm hopeful that a re-energized, pragmatic and intelligent conservative movement can send her to a defeat as devastating, as the one McGovern and Dukakis found at the end of their campaign trails.

The gift that Obama has given to pragmatic conservatism is the near elimination of "centrist" democrats.

If elections are won with independents, then the Republicans should have an advantage, if they figure out how to wisely use it.

But my careful study of the characteristics of independents is this: they are clearly more conservative fiscally, but that is not the case with social issues.

Offline flowers

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 08:59:11 pm »
I don't understand how this is a 'shock' poll? Hillary isn't left wing enough for the yutes.  Hillary has way to much baggage, in more ways than one.  :smokin:
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 08:59:58 pm by flowers »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 09:02:39 pm »
Obviously I made a grievous mistake, and readily admit it offering no excuse. I am sorry and bear full responsibility.

Of course I meant Romney, but was thinking about how successful Reagan was to deliver his message without distancing himself from voter groups.

I knew you knew.  ^-^

And yes, Reagan was a master at pulling people into his political philosophy without pushing others away.  (Except, of course, those who were already there!)

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline aligncare

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2015, 09:06:24 pm »
This seems to support what I and Rush have been saying. Hillary is no threat. She's yesterday's news. She's old looking with old ideas and carrying around a lot of old baggage. The GOP should focus on other potential 'rat candidates.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 12:04:04 am »
This seems to support what I and Rush have been saying. Hillary is no threat. She's yesterday's news. She's old looking with old ideas and carrying around a lot of old baggage. The GOP should focus on other potential 'rat candidates.

True...but I'd like the GOP to focus on potential Republican candidates other than the leftovers from 2012 and Jeb Bush.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2015, 12:28:46 am »
True...but I'd like the GOP to focus on potential Republican candidates other than the leftovers from 2012 and Jeb Bush.
How about focusing on those most able to win?

Personally I'd like to see a grass roots effort, to tell a lot of them to get the F*** off the stage, and quit trying to make money off this thing, over and over.

Maybe

www.pleasegetoffthegopstage.com

Offline Relic

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2015, 12:44:43 am »

I think you overestimate Americans. I've been saying it will be Warren for a long time now. It will be Warren, and she will win. First, she is a she. That's the most important thing about Warren. Conservative women will vote for "the first woman president". Second, Warren is all in on the eat the rich campaign. That resonates with Americans.

That's what I see.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2015, 12:56:02 am »

Hillary's old bags have bags!  000hehehehe
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Carling

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2015, 01:06:34 am »
I think you overestimate Americans. I've been saying it will be Warren for a long time now. It will be Warren, and she will win. First, she is a she. That's the most important thing about Warren. Conservative women will vote for "the first woman president". Second, Warren is all in on the eat the rich campaign. That resonates with Americans.

That's what I see.

Warren is woefully short on experience outside of academia.  I don't think she'll even run.  Listening to her stammer through a foreign policy in the Dem primaries would turn off a lot of moderate Dem voters.  She's the Howard Dean of 2016, except she hasn't even started organizing a grassroots campaign, let alone a real campaign team.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Relic

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2015, 01:23:49 am »
Warren is woefully short on experience outside of academia.  I don't think she'll even run.  Listening to her stammer through a foreign policy in the Dem primaries would turn off a lot of moderate Dem voters.  She's the Howard Dean of 2016, except she hasn't even started organizing a grassroots campaign, let alone a real campaign team.

The media is already soiling their underthings thinking about her run. It's going to happen.

I remember someone running in 2008 with not enough experience, and an inability to speak off prompter.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2015, 01:31:34 am »

That's what I see.

Not a single chance in HADES will any legitimate conservative woman vote for Pocahontas.

Good grief!  Give us a little credit, will you???

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2015, 01:34:05 am »
Not a single chance in HADES will any legitimate conservative woman vote for Pocahontas.

For real!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

Offline Relic

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2015, 01:35:47 am »

Lots of women who call themselves conservative will vote Warren.

What they do is no reflection on you.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2015, 01:45:37 am »
Lots of women who call themselves conservative will vote Warren.

What they do is no reflection on you.

The operative words' being "call themselves."

No actual conservative woman will vote for a leftist moron just because she's female.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2015, 02:20:15 am »
musiclady wrote:
[[ Not a single chance in HADES will any legitimate conservative woman vote for Pocahontas.
Good grief!  Give us a little credit, will you??? ]]

Condi Rice?
Peggy Noonan?

Pay no attention, just thinkin' outloud.....

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2015, 02:31:02 am »

1. Define "legitimate" conservative.

2. What percent of the electorate do you think is comprised of "legitimate" conservatives, both male and female.

I believe women in general, democrat, independent, and even "not legitimate" Republicans would vote for a first woman President, Hillary,  Elizabeth or otherwise.

There were some black Republicans who voted for Obama, race over sense.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2015, 02:37:09 am »
The operative words' being "call themselves."

No actual conservative woman will vote for a leftist moron just because she's female.

That's irrelevant; the salient point is that a woman running for the Democrats will cut into the number of women voting conservative.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 02:40:47 am by Dex4974 »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2015, 03:10:46 am »
musiclady wrote:
[[ Not a single chance in HADES will any legitimate conservative woman vote for Pocahontas.
Good grief!  Give us a little credit, will you??? ]]

Condi Rice?
Peggy Noonan?

Pay no attention, just thinkin' outloud.....

I said conservative, not Republican.

(There's a difference........ unless one is a conservative Republican like moi!)