Author Topic: Mitt Romney: Climate change is real, human-induced, and we must tackle it  (Read 3253 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Mitt Romney: Climate change is real, human-induced, and we must tackle it

By Cheryl K. Chumley - The Washington Times - Thursday, January 22, 2015

Former Mass. Gov. Mitt Romney, who's contemplating another White House run, said climate change was real, that humans helped it along and that it was the responsibility of the world to turn back the environmental tide.

"I'm one of those Republicans who thinks we are getting warmer and that we contribute to that," he said during a Wednesday night speech at an investment management conference, The Associated Press reported.

He didn't mention his possible presidential run during the address to 3,000. But he spent the half-hour, question-answer session to criticize the federal debt level and to speak of the need for the current White House to address issues that are normally seen as more Democratic in nature — education, poverty and climate change, AP said.

This isn't the first time Mr. Romney has spoken about his beliefs on climate change.

Mr. Romney wrote in his 2010 book that "human activity is a contributing factor" to climate change, though he did question just how much humans were furthering the environmental degradation, the AP said. And in 2012, he also said that the United States shouldn't spend a lot of money to fight climate change.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
One of the MANY reasons I will do my best to make sure he does not get the Republican nomination!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

wow.........................just wow. We are surrounded by these pyles of crap calling themselves republicans.

Offline GourmetDan

wow.........................just wow. We are surrounded by these pyles of crap calling themselves republicans.

They aren't stupid and they aren't uninformed.

They're simply globalists driving the U.S. toward the New World Order...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Carling

I guess we can assume Mitt isn't running for president. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline flowers

They aren't stupid and they aren't uninformed.

They're simply globalists driving the U.S. toward the New World Order...
yep, I called them pyles of crap. Not stupid or uninformed.

Offline Saundra Duffy

• For victory & freedom!!!
    • SOS Salt Lake City
Hey, hold the phone.  I was there up in the 3rd tier and the atmosphere was electric when Romney came out.  With the exception of the "global warming" crap, he was great!  My husband was horrified over the climate change stuff but other than that - which I know is a game changer for some - he was terrific.  He's still ahead in the polls and I believe there's a lot of voter remorse - all those idiots who voted for O or stayed home.  If only they could do it over!  I'm still with Mitt, so sue me.  That's one of the reasons I was booted out of FR - that and being a Mormon.  Go, Mitt!
For victory & Freedom!!!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hey, hold the phone.  I was there up in the 3rd tier and the atmosphere was electric when Romney came out.  With the exception of the "global warming" crap, he was great!  My husband was horrified over the climate change stuff but other than that - which I know is a game changer for some - he was terrific.  He's still ahead in the polls and I believe there's a lot of voter remorse - all those idiots who voted for O or stayed home.  If only they could do it over!  I'm still with Mitt, so sue me.  That's one of the reasons I was booted out of FR - that and being a Mormon.  Go, Mitt!

Welcome back Saundra....good to see you again.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

I am also LDS. I wasn't booted from FR! I left of my own accord because of the rampant religious bigotry which came to be over there and the fact that JR refused to stop it!

I will vote for Mitt if he is the nominee but will do everything in my power to make sure that doesn't happen!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

I guess we can assume Mitt isn't running for president.

He's going to have to do some more homework if he is.

This is a bunch of nonsense.

There is no doubt that some humans in some places are messing up the environment there (like Russia and the disappearance of the Aral Sea, China and India), but Mitt's got to figure out that "Climate Change" is a code word for "Destroy America and our economy."

If he doesn't wise up on this, he can kiss the nomination good-bye.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline GourmetDan

Re: Mitt Romney: Climate change is real, human-induced, and we must tackle it
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2015, 06:24:22 pm »
yep, I called them pyles of crap. Not stupid or uninformed.

Wasn't trying to disagree with you.

Just pointing out that there is a global agenda to subject the U.S. to the NWO and most of our high-level politicians are part of it.  The real problem is that not enough people recognize or acknowledge that.

'Pyles of crap' just didn't seem to say that, IMO, and it is critical to know who your enemy really is so that you are hacking at the root and not flailing at the branches...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline flowers

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2015, 06:28:11 pm »
Wasn't trying to disagree with you.

Just pointing out that there is a global agenda to subject the U.S. to the NWO and most of our high-level politicians are part of it.  The real problem is that not enough people recognize or acknowledge that.

'Pyles of crap' just didn't seem to say that, IMO, and it is critical to know who your enemy really is so that you are hacking at the root and not flailing at the branches...
:th_10444:  thanks....pyles of crap didn't go that far did it!!!!   :seeya:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 06:29:19 pm by flowers »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2015, 06:31:07 pm »

I was about to question the accuracy of the headline and story. But, since you were there and according to you he actually said it, now I've got to grapple with the substance of what was said.

Is there any possibility he was misunderstood?

Just wow.

This is a big deal.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2015, 06:41:29 pm »
I was about to question the accuracy of the headline and story. But, since you were there and according to you he actually said it, now I've got to grapple with the substance of what was said.

Is there any possibility he was misunderstood?

Just wow.

This is a big deal.

Here's the link I forgot to include above.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jan/22/mitt-romney-climate-change-is-real-human-induced-a/

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2015, 06:51:33 pm »
Here's the link I forgot to include above.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jan/22/mitt-romney-climate-change-is-real-human-induced-a/

I know in the past he has said man-made global warming is real. But, now he's thinking about a presidential run and he's out there repeating it. Like he wants people to know he believes it!

O-h-h-h, this is not good.

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2015, 06:53:54 pm »
Romney has no political philosophy. He's good at smiling on stage. He does not deserve another chance. I was booted from FR for defending him.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2015, 06:55:41 pm »
I know in the past he has said man-made global warming is real. But, now he's thinking about a presidential run and he's out there repeating it. Like he wants people to know he believes it!

O-h-h-h, this is not good.

There are many hundreds of millions to be made on the man made globull warming scam and that's all I'm going to say about that!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2015, 09:25:00 pm »
LOL!   

Personally, I believe this is an over-compensation for his 'leaked' remark that 47% of Americans aren't going to vote for him.

He's trying to ensure he gets as many cross-over voters as possible.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Saundra Duffy

• For victory & freedom!!!
    • SOS Salt Lake City
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2015, 09:41:57 pm »
No, he wasn't misquoted but the newspaper always goes to great lengths to piss off conservatives.  They could have written about all the great remarks; for example, lack of leadership, criticizing Obama's sotu address, threat of Islamic terrorism, the deficit, poverty, and other things.  He was well prepared, relaxed and likeable.  Governor Herbert spoke and bored us to tears. 
For victory & Freedom!!!

Offline Carling

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2015, 09:46:11 pm »
LOL!   

Personally, I believe this is an over-compensation for his 'leaked' remark that 47% of Americans aren't going to vote for him.

He's trying to ensure he gets as many cross-over voters as possible.

I don't have many "litmus" issues, but from what he said, I infer that he supports regulations so humans won't impact the climate.  If that's his position, I can't in good conscience vote for him in a primary.  The information is available to anybody with a shred of curiosity and intelligence; there is no way to model, let alone scientifically prove, what capping/regulating CO2 emissions actually accomplishes.  There are so many other holes in AGW theory that I won't even bring up right now.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline aligncare

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2015, 11:53:42 pm »
.. there is no way to model, let alone scientifically prove, what capping/regulating CO2 emissions actually accomplishes.

It would kill an economy, that's what it would accomplish.

If you thought they were picking your pocket before, just wait until the government tries to stupidly "do something" about CO2.

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2015, 02:12:48 am »
Ann Coulter thinks that he was superior to Reagan.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2015, 02:40:48 am »
Politics4us wrote above:
[[ Romney has no political philosophy. He's good at smiling on stage. He does not deserve another chance. ]]

I voted for Romney once.

I WON'T be voting for him again, ever.

He's become the epitome of a RINO.
(carefully-chosen word intended especially for you, Luis!)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2015, 02:54:10 am »
Politics4us wrote above:
[[ Romney has no political philosophy. He's good at smiling on stage. He does not deserve another chance. ]]

I voted for Romney once.

I WON'T be voting for him again, ever.

He's become the epitome of a RINO.
(carefully-chosen word intended especially for you, Luis!)

Romney is the very epitome of a Republican.

It's time for many to reflect....contemplate your navels...I don't care.  But the truth is, that anyone that questions the pedigree of Mitt Romney should realize that it's THEM that are Republicans in name only.

Saying that you cannot bring yourself to vote for Romney because of his POV that some global warming is man-made is shortsighted.

Everybody below college age and especially teenagers who will be voting for the 1st time in 2016 have been taught man causes erratic climate change.

Get with the program.   :chairbang:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2015, 05:21:02 am »
[[ Romney is the very epitome of a Republican. ]]

Find someone else.
I'm staying home.