Author Topic: Why Cruz Could Win in 2016  (Read 5660 times)

Offline EdinVA

Re: Why Cruz Could Win in 2016
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2015, 06:37:10 pm »
But, because we think he's the best thing since sliced bread doesn't mean he can get nominated or elected by the morons who vote in elections.

Yes, that will be the challenge...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2015, 02:21:52 am »
Before he was 12 years old Ted Cruz had the entire U.S Constitution committed to memory! I can personally think of no greater qualification for a presidential candidate!

Exactly.  Can anyone say "Constitutional Conservative"?  In addition to his professional and political experience plus his education; and did I mention he is of Latino origin?  Ted Cruz IS Golden!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2015, 02:25:57 am »
Yes, that will be the challenge...

...yes indeed. You know when you have a candidate that the left is intimidated by and the GOPe loathes him... you have a very viable candidate.  He's smart enough to jump in later rather than sooner ... giving both sides less time to try to rip him apart.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2015, 02:58:09 am »
Cruz is the very definition of a candidate with deep, loud but narrow support.

The last one that was described as somebody the left and the GOPe feared was Palin.

At this stage he consistently polls closer to 5% than 10%.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2015, 03:19:21 pm »
I like Cruz, he's got a great life story to tell. Politically, I am simpatico.

But, he has no experience running anything – not a city or county, not a state, not a company. He needs to get that first before running for the highest office.

The president needs managerial experience. Otherwise, we have another Barack Obama, leaving to others the important function of building a team, of motivating his people, of running the office. 

So which Republican, in your opinion, has the managerial experience to be President?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2015, 04:15:53 pm »
Almost any successful major CEO, current or retired high-ranking military or state governor.

With few exception today's crop of senators are way down on my list.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2015, 04:43:17 pm »
I totally agree with Right in Virginia............Cruz is a bit too arrogant to think he ought to run for president.  Personally, I hope that Gov. Perry gets another look.  Heard him on radio interview and he was discussing our national security issues with regard to the needs of the military.   He is well informed and not one bit arrogant.   More like Reagan in his down home attitude.
Was more than a bit put off by Cruz suggestion that we move the American Embassy to Jerusalem.  By now most Jews know that is highly unlikely and seemed more of a pander, IMHO.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2015, 05:16:42 pm »
oops.  I meant to say I agreed with Aligncare.........

Offline libertybele

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2015, 09:22:28 pm »
I totally agree with Right in Virginia............Cruz is a bit too arrogant to think he ought to run for president.  Personally, I hope that Gov. Perry gets another look.  Heard him on radio interview and he was discussing our national security issues with regard to the needs of the military.   He is well informed and not one bit arrogant.   More like Reagan in his down home attitude.
Was more than a bit put off by Cruz suggestion that we move the American Embassy to Jerusalem.  By now most Jews know that is highly unlikely and seemed more of a pander, IMHO.

Good grief!  Cruz come across as arrogant?  Perhaps you need to force yourself to sit through one of Obama's speeches and then tell me who comes across as arrogant.  I like Rick Perry, but he does carry some baggage and already went through the gauntlet once and lost.  I would also strongly encourage you instead of just listening to the radio and watching TV interviews to research the candidate; stance on issues, voting record, who they are affiliated with in civilian life, etc.  If that had been done by the majority, Obama would have never made it in.

We need a candidate who is a Constitutionalist, someone who is articulate and has backbone, tenacity and is unwavering and someone who is experienced but not a career politician with baggage.  Please welcome....Ted Cruz!  :patriot:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2015, 09:45:26 pm »
I don't think Cruz has the "people" factors. He's too smart, and it shows that he knows it.

People like that are difficult to genuinely like.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2015, 09:50:15 pm »
I don't think Cruz has the "people" factors. He's too smart, and it shows that he knows it.

Ronald Reagan lost in two efforts to secure the nomination before he finally achieved it in 1980.

Rick Perry appeared to be discombobulated in 2008 and all reports are that he is a completely different candidate today.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2015, 09:59:03 pm »

Cruz is brilliant and yes it shows that he is good at his job; nothing wrong with that.  I'd rather have a smart president who honors the Constitution and won't back down on his principles and won't sell the country short and steps on a few toes rather than someone who can make small talk on the golf course, bow to a Saudi King and read from a teleprompter...just sayin'. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2015, 11:32:10 pm »
Good grief.  Another Senator who's in office for 15 minutes and thinks he's qualified to be president.

Where have we heard that story before?  Haven't we had enough of presidents with no executive experience? 

Yes.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2015, 11:48:31 pm »
Good grief.  Another Senator who's in office for 15 minutes and thinks he's qualified to be president.

Where have we heard that story before?  Haven't we had enough of presidents with no executive experience? 

Yes.

:thumbsup2:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2015, 05:27:18 am »

Yes.

Good grief.  Really?  ....vs...GOPe and the Dems.  Really?  Haven't we had enough of the same old country club crappola and the choices of the lesser of the two evils?

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2015, 12:59:17 am »
Cruz could win because there is not a candidate in either party that can win a debate with him.  He has the smarts and the answers to run circles around any of them and would bury them in the dust created when their heads explode.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2015, 01:12:01 am »
I totally agree with Right in Virginia............Cruz is a bit too arrogant to think he ought to run for president.

Ah---are you sure you're quoting me??  I think Cruz would make a terrific President.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2015, 03:30:39 am »

Yes.

Obama's problem is NOT that he has no experience, he is a Marxist and will stop at nothing to implement his agenda.
In fact, he has been very successful at making congress irrelevant and expanding government so not sure I agree with "inexperience" as a rejection criteria, rather than vision.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2015, 03:50:51 am »
xfreeper wrote above:
[[ Cruz could win because there is not a candidate in either party that can win a debate with him.  He has the smarts and the answers to run circles around any of them and would bury them in the dust created when their heads explode. ]]

Hmmmm..... lemmmeeesseeee here.....

Could this possibly be one of the reasons why the RNC is not going to hold any debates for the candidates until AUGUST?

Until AFTER much of the primary season has run its course?

Cruz may be a fine debater, but by that time it will have been "name recognition", campaign ads, and contributions, that produce results in the primaries.

Maybe they don't WANT the primary elections to be won on the basis of "who's the better debater of the issues"...

Offline speekinout

« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2015, 04:34:04 am »
xfreeper wrote above:
[[ Cruz could win because there is not a candidate in either party that can win a debate with him.  He has the smarts and the answers to run circles around any of them and would bury them in the dust created when their heads explode. ]]

Hmmmm..... lemmmeeesseeee here.....

Could this possibly be one of the reasons why the RNC is not going to hold any debates for the candidates until AUGUST?

Until AFTER much of the primary season has run its course?

Cruz may be a fine debater, but by that time it will have been "name recognition", campaign ads, and contributions, that produce results in the primaries.

Maybe they don't WANT the primary elections to be won on the basis of "who's the better debater of the issues"...

You do know that those debates are scheduled starting in August 2015 don't you? That is the beginning of the primary season for the 2016 election, not near the end.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2015, 05:31:49 am »
Ah, ok, I stand corrected!

Although it seems kind of odd to hold "primary candidate debates" six or seven months BEFORE the first primary...?

Offline speekinout

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2015, 08:10:42 pm »
Ah, ok, I stand corrected!

Although it seems kind of odd to hold "primary candidate debates" six or seven months BEFORE the first primary...?

The primary campaign debates for the 2012 election started in May of 2011. This is a later start.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2015, 08:49:44 pm »
Cruz has name recognition courtesy of the Dems and GOPe that despise him!  He has not announced he is even running; but I certainly would not under estimate him nor count him out, especially this early in the game.   My prediction is that the big hitters like Bush and Romney will be fighting amongst themselves; Huckabee and Crist will join in because of their egos and will fizzle out. Let Bush and Romney spend their millions forcing the Clintons to spend their money in counter attacks.  Either Bush or Romney will be left standing and at that time either Cruz, Walker, Jindal or Paul will enter the race.  You will see the Dems scurrying trying to reinvent Clinton or persuading Warren to run.  At that point in time the GOPe would be wise to back one of the new GOP stars; if they don't the GOPe will lose AGAIN!

The only other way that I see the GOPe possibly victorious is if ithey name either Cruz, Walker, Jindal or Paul as their running mates.  Like TEA or not, the GOPe needs them more than TEA needs the GOPe.  I sure as hell will NOT vote for Bush and remain skeptical voting for someone who has already lost twice.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 08:54:34 pm by libertybele »

Offline olde north church

« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2015, 11:21:06 am »
Cruz has name recognition courtesy of the Dems and GOPe that despise him!  He has not announced he is even running; but I certainly would not under estimate him nor count him out, especially this early in the game.   My prediction is that the big hitters like Bush and Romney will be fighting amongst themselves; Huckabee and Crist will join in because of their egos and will fizzle out. Let Bush and Romney spend their millions forcing the Clintons to spend their money in counter attacks.  Either Bush or Romney will be left standing and at that time either Cruz, Walker, Jindal or Paul will enter the race.  You will see the Dems scurrying trying to reinvent Clinton or persuading Warren to run.  At that point in time the GOPe would be wise to back one of the new GOP stars; if they don't the GOPe will lose AGAIN!

The only other way that I see the GOPe possibly victorious is if ithey name either Cruz, Walker, Jindal or Paul as their running mates.  Like TEA or not, the GOPe needs them more than TEA needs the GOPe.  I sure as hell will NOT vote for Bush and remain skeptical voting for someone who has already lost twice.

The GOP-E will not, repeat NOT nominate a "real" conservative.  If that's how it plays out, guarantee they will run their idea of a conservative, Chris Christie.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2015, 11:50:57 am »
Don't you just love our two-party system? (At least in Europe is such a thing as Conservative parties)

Yet, here we are. Building coalitions in order to win elections—only to see, for the umpteenth time, legislation that ignores our values signed into law.