Author Topic: Documents: Ted Cruz Ticketed For Alcohol Possession As A Minor In 1987  (Read 1307 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
This is the most offensive news to have ever offended anyone in the entire history of all offending offense!

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) received a ticket for being a minor in possession of alcohol in 1987, when he was a senior in high school, BuzzFeed News reported on Tuesday night.

The revelation was discovered in an application, obtained by BuzzFeed, which Cruz completed for the position of Texas solicitor general back in 2003.

According to the report, police found an unopened case of beer in Cruz's vehicle and issued him a ticket for the offense.

“Teenagers often make foolish mistakes, and that certainly applied to me as well,” Cruz told BuzzFeed News in a statement.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/ted-cruz-alcohol-possession-minor

I've never heard of anything so shocking as an 18 year old with beer!  String him up now!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Documents: Ted Cruz Ticketed For Alcohol Possession As A Minor In 1987
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 02:26:34 am »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 02:33:35 am »
The leftists think this is all they need to take Cruz out.

Of course, I'm sure the anti-Cruz brigade will be here shortly to agree with them.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Carling

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 03:26:11 am »
Who cares? In my world, who didn't get a MIP as a kid?   :shrug: 

Is that all they have on him?  Has he also farted loudly in public?   :silly:

If his name was Ted Kennedy, and he killed a woman while Growing Up Wealthy, this would be a resume' enhancer for the Dems.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 03:29:15 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Carling

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 03:31:09 am »
The leftists think this is all they need to take Cruz out.

Of course, I'm sure the anti-Cruz brigade will be here shortly to agree with them.

The only anti-anything brigade on this board is you and others against anybody to the left of the Ronald Reagan caricature you believe in your minds.  Not the real Reagan, of course, because he compromised with Democrats in the 80s as President.

This smear is laughable, and actually helps Cruz with people who live in Realsville.  Go Ted!  Is this the best they have against him?  Haha!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 03:31:53 am »
Who cares? In my world, who didn't get a MIP in college?   :shrug: 

Is that all they have on him?  Has he also farted loudly in public?   :silly:

I had one. Didn't even know booze was in the car. Riding with a bunch of friends, they stopped at a gas station. One guy went in and bought a 6 pack and put it in the trunk. No one but him knew he had it but a cop saw him buy it and pulled us over. Everyone in the car got a ticket.

Luckily I knew the mayor who called the DA and after a bit of a chat with him and the judge, I was given differed adjudication, if I went 15 days without even a parking ticket, they would throw it out. I was really lucky in that case.

The odd thing about the Cruz case is if he was under 21, it should have been expunged from his record when he turned 21.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 03:33:22 am »
Makes me feel better about Cruz. Good to know he was once a stupid kid, same as the rest of us!
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Carling

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 03:35:48 am »
Makes me feel better about Cruz. Good to know he was once a stupid kid, same as the rest of us!

That's exactly my thought, too.   :beer:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2015, 04:22:01 am »
It doesn't bother me at all - shows Cruz is a normal person that has made mistakes - who hasn't?  In fact, I once spent a night in jail for driving while intoxicated - I sure learned a lesson because of that - in fact, it changed my life for the better. 

I have a feeling this won't be the only "dirt" to come out on Ted Cruz.  He seems to be the one that is feared the most - on both sides of the aisle. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2015, 07:41:07 am »
The odd thing about the Cruz case is if he was under 21, it should have been expunged from his record when he turned 21.

That is odd.  We should not know about this, and it hurts nobody.  Why is it not sealed?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2015, 07:57:54 am »
The first person to come riding in on his high horse will face ridicule themselves.

Well! I never!

Go stick it in your ear.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2015, 12:34:19 pm »
Ok.  Obviously this is just the beginning. "They" are baiting Cruz; perhaps hoping to get some reaction.  My hunch is he's not going to even "dignify" this stupid tid bit with a rebuttal of any sort.  Time is on Cruz's side and he knows it and so does the left and GOPe that will try to take him down.  Ted Cruz is golden!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.