Author Topic: Cruz: GOP 'Will Get Walloped' Without Action on Obamacare  (Read 6391 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Cruz: GOP 'Will Get Walloped' Without Action on Obamacare
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2015, 08:39:00 pm »
You definitely add value to the forum, Bigun.

Obviously... asking the question added none...

Thank you! Some folks around here just can't stand the fact that some of us don't just blindly swallow their spew without question.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2015, 08:40:52 pm »
Thank you! Some folks around here just can't stand the fact that some of us don't just blindly swallow their spew without question.

Eh, they're only here to keep the pot stirred...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2015, 09:12:59 pm »

How does the usage of "blindly swallow their spew...." fit into the discussion here? 

....other than to serve as evidence that once again, you're in the middle of every food fight?

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2015, 09:22:22 pm »
How does the usage of "blindly swallow their spew...." fit into the discussion here? 

....other than to serve as evidence that once again, you're in the middle of every food fight?

In my view it fits perfectly if you follow the entire exchange.

I'm fully aware that some folks here don't like it when their buds get confronted but they are just going to have to live with it until the management tells me to leave!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2015, 09:25:22 pm »

I'm fully aware that some folks here don't like it when their buds get confronted but they are just going to have to live with it until the management tells me to leave!

It's not even a question of anybody leaving the forum.

It's a matter of decency and your posting manner whenever you find yourself in an exchange with the same several well-respected individuals.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2015, 09:31:01 pm »
It's not even a question of anybody leaving the forum.

It's a matter of decency and your posting manner whenever you find yourself in an exchange with the same several well-respected individuals.

I'm sorry but I see it very differently!

Yes I could have parsed his post line by line and illustrated the fallacies therein but I believe the posters here are, for the most part, quite capable of doing that for themselves and just said what I said!

I stand by it.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2015, 09:41:09 pm »

Just don't disagree with these 'well-respected' individuals about homosexuality or you'll get a different version of 'decency' and 'posting manner'...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2015, 10:05:12 pm »
Just don't disagree with these 'well-respected' individuals about homosexuality or you'll get a different version of 'decency' and 'posting manner'...

Sorry, Dan.  I'm sticking to what's transpired in THIS thread.

Just calling it like it is.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2015, 10:07:16 pm »
Sorry, Dan.  I'm sticking to what's transpired in THIS thread.

Just calling it like it is.

Actually, you're sounding like Bigun now...

« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 10:08:07 pm by GourmetDan »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2015, 10:20:13 pm »
Actually, you're sounding like Bigun now...

Come on, man.

I simply responded to your post #31. 

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2015, 10:27:46 pm »
Come on, man.

I simply responded to your post #31.

You 'come on man' yourself.  You don't see how Bigun is 'calling it like it is' in his opinion too?

How can you criticize him and then do the same thing yourself?

In the SAME thread...

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2015, 10:40:53 pm »

Bigun.

You're probably a nice man. I'm sure you are, but you add nothing to most discussions.

You either sling some insult or attack a poster, then you try to pass either as substantive commentary or valid opinion.

They are not... they are insults and completely void of substance.

There are a million different ways to disagree with someone without using the language that you (and others here) use and the negative characterizations that you (and others here) level and anyone whose opinion doesn't match your narrowly myopic points of view.

While you may truly believe that what I posted is BS, that's mostly because of your intellect can't grasp the issue at hand.

That BTW, was an insult, and you had it coming.

... and by the way.

The fact that you see engaging in empty gestures and symbolic actions as some sort of leadership quality, is the very reason why so many politicians that you support eventually disappoint you.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2015, 10:45:24 pm »
Bigun.

You're probably a nice man. I'm sure you are, but you add nothing to most discussions.

You either sling some insult or attack a poster, then you try to pass either as substantive commentary or valid opinion.

They are not... they are insults and completely void of substance.

There are a million different ways to disagree with someone without using the language that you (and others here) use and the negative characterizations that you (and others here) level and anyone whose opinion doesn't match your narrowly myopic points of view.

While you may truly believe that what I posted is BS, that's mostly because of your intellect can't grasp the issue at hand.

That BTW, was an insult, and you had it coming.

... and by the way.

The fact that you see engaging in empty gestures and symbolic actions as some sort of leadership quality, is the very reason why so many politicians that you support eventually disappoint you.

Interesting opinion!

Thanks for posting it!

Once again I do not, and never will, see fulfilling a promise as an "empty gesture"!  You can do as you please!

Everyone who comes on this forum is free to make what they will of my intellectual capacities! I have the same right do do the same regarding yours! And BTW: When I think you are right about something I do not hesitate to say so!

« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 10:48:54 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Carling

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2015, 10:51:27 pm »

Send up bills six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven.

How's that?

Well, if symbolism with zero actual realistic impact on changing or defeating ObamaCare is your goal, than I guess that would be the course of action.  I'd say wasting time sending bills that aren't going to be signed is worthless after one or two tries.  Then again, I live in Realsville, so maybe I'm missing how your approach changes anything.   
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Carling

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2015, 10:52:43 pm »

Yes, because not believing that all homosexuals are also pedophiles is a completely unrealistic position to take.   :silly:
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2015, 10:55:16 pm »
Everyone who comes on this forum is free to make what they will of my intellectual capacities! I have the same right do do the same regarding yours! And BTW: When I think you are right about something I do not hesitate to say so!

He's reserving a right for himself that he isn't willing to extend to you.

The right to insult you because you deserve it.

Funny how that works...

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2015, 10:59:49 pm »

Funny how that works...

Yeah! I noticed that as well but what the heck! This is, after all, the internet!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2015, 10:59:53 pm »
Interesting opinion!

Thanks for posting it!

Once again I do not, and never will, see fulfilling a promise as an "empty gesture"!  You can do as you please!

That's because you accept promises of unrealistic goals from candidates and like so many of today's people you are perfectly ok with giving a trophy to anyone who tries, so politicians play you like a fiddle.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2015, 11:01:11 pm »

Funny how that works...

Dan, you're another piece of worthless flotsam in this forum.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2015, 11:01:54 pm »
That's because you accept promises of unrealistic goals from candidates and like so many of today's people you are perfectly ok with giving a trophy to anyone who tries, so politicians play you like a fiddle.

Perhaps so! But unlike you, I remember well the words "Read my lips! No new taxes!"

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2015, 11:02:27 pm »
Yes, because not believing that all homosexuals are also pedophiles is a completely unrealistic position to take.   :silly:

Just normal everyday people...

What Does ‘Gay’ Sex Have To Do With Discrimination Anyway?

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2015, 11:02:46 pm »
Dan, you're another piece of worthless flotsam in this forum.

Tankee...

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2015, 11:04:43 pm »
Yeah! I noticed that as well but what the heck! This is, after all, the internet!

Well yeah, that's why people who get upset when others disagree just need to get a life...

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2015, 11:50:26 pm »
Well yeah, that's why people who get upset when others disagree just need to get a life...

I don't have a problem with anyone disagreeing with me. I have a problem with people whose entire repertoire consists of insults, vitriol and polemics absent of any substance.

I expect people will disagree with me, but being dismissed without a retort is the practice of rhetorical midgets. There's a number of them inhabiting this forum but you may have the distinct honor of being the tallest one.

You think my post is BS?

Fine, but try real hard (at the risk of straining your already stretched intellect) to tell me why my post is bulls#it.

I took the time to compose a post with a concrete set of ideas in a coherent manner, try lifting your knuckles off the dirt when you post a response to it.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2015, 12:27:26 am »
I have absolutely no interest in seeing another RINO elected to office.

Welcome to TBR.

Was there a time you were interested in seeing another RINO elected to office?