Author Topic: Jeb Bush: I ‘Would Be A Good President’  (Read 3205 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jeb Bush: I ‘Would Be A Good President’
« on: December 15, 2014, 08:26:32 pm »
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/12/15/jeb-bush-i-would-be-a-good-president/

December 15, 2014 11:42 AM

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — As he drops new hints about his 2016 intentions, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush is appearing in South Carolina just weeks before a self-imposed deadline to decide whether he will run for president.

Bush is scheduled to give Monday’s commencement address at the University of South Carolina. It marks the Republican leader’s second visit in three months to the state that will host the 2016 presidential primary season’s first contest in the South.

In a television interview aired on the eve of the South Carolina appearance, Bush expressed confidence that he “would be a good president,” adding that he was in the process of writing an e-book about his time as governor that would come out in the spring. He also said he would make public about 250,000 emails from his time in office, in an effort to promote transparency and to “let people make up their mind,” he told ABC’s Miami affiliate WPLG-TV.

Bush said going through the material has reminded him that “if you run with big ideas and then you’re true to those ideas, and get a chance to serve and implement them and do it with passion and conviction, you can move the needle. … And that’s what we need right now in America.”

Aides report that Bush does not plan to meet with political operatives while in South Carolina. And Monday’s speech is not expected to touch on any overtly political themes. But his mere presence in a state high on the presidential primary calendar will stoke new speculation that he is moving toward a White House bid.

As the son of one president and brother of another, Bush has the power to transform the 2016 contest like no other Republican. He can tap into his family’s vast political network, and his campaign would attract strong support from major donors and widespread media attention.

But his supporters are struggling to understand what Bush’s actions mean and whether they can predict his political intentions.

He spent much of the recent midterm campaign out of the public eye. The South Carolina address, however, will be his fourth high-profile speech in recent weeks. That includes an appearance before corporate executives in Washington, where he called for his party to embrace an immigration overhaul and to focus on governing. He also said he would make the call on running for president “not that far out in the future.”

At the same time Bush has been expanding his private equity business, and advisers insist he’s not courting a political staff in Iowa and New Hampshire, even as other would-be candidates assemble their 2016 campaign teams in the early voting states.

About all anyone can say for certain is that, as Bush himself has said, he’s still thinking about it and plans to make a decision by the end of the month.

“He’s begun the journey. How long it will take him, I don’t know,” said Al Cardenas, a longtime Bush friend and former chairman of the American Conservative Union. “People are interpreting activity to conclude that he’s closer to running. I’m not of that school.

“I hope he runs, but I believe the activity is based on getting serious.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Jeb Bush: I ‘Would Be A Good President’
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 08:29:11 pm »

Sure you would but good for what? Or who? Certainly not me!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 08:48:13 pm »
What I want to know is what Jeb thinks he can do if Christie and Romney are in there. All they will do is split the moderate vote if more than one of them runs.
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 09:06:41 pm »
Tell us exactly where you stand on the issues, Jeb, and then let us make our own evaluation of your presidential qualifications.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Relic

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 09:12:50 pm »
Tell us exactly where you stand on the issues, Jeb, and then let us make our own evaluation of your presidential qualifications.

Does it matter? Republicans repeatedly show us that it really doesn't matter what they promise.

rangerrebew

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 10:11:44 pm »
Obama claimed the same thing. :bullie smokin: 

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 10:24:55 pm »
jeb 'Jose' Bush running as Presiden?

Well, it is just an 'act of love'.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 11:21:18 pm »
So would I.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 02:23:50 am »
Jeb, the only thing you should be runnin' for is the exits!

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 02:28:40 am »
My thinking at the moment is the only guy I'd be voting for is Cruz. Anyone else, I'll sit it out or write in 'none of the sbove'. As far as Bush, wouldn't even waste my gas getting to the polls

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2014, 03:13:32 am »
On a strictly theoretical, rational, level, possibly.  In reality, no; there is still too much baggage left over from GWB and Americans are suspicious of political dynasties.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2014, 09:05:13 am »
On a strictly theoretical, rational, level, possibly.  In reality, no; there is still too much baggage left over from GWB and Americans are suspicious of political dynasties.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/163022/former-president-george-bush-image-ratings-improve.aspx

What evidence can you cite to prove Americans are suspicious of political dynasties?  Dubya's election would indicate we're not very suspicious as recently as 2000.  Hitlery's front runner status indicates the rats ain't that suspicious of a Clinton dynasty.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2014, 10:05:20 am »

They loved/love Kennedys.  Well, that's what "They" say.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline flowers

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2014, 06:09:52 pm »
 **nononono* 
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 06:13:13 pm by flowers »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2014, 06:43:20 pm »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2014, 06:49:02 pm »
Make that a double!

**nononono* **nononono*
He must have his daughter all cleaned up by now if he is doing this. Didn't she have a huge drug problem?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2014, 07:14:41 pm »
I'm probably wrong, I usually am...lol..but I don't see him winning the nomination...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2014, 07:17:39 pm »
I'm probably wrong, I usually am...lol..but I don't see him winning the nomination...

If he does it will finally put the Republican party out of it's misery. IMHO of course.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2014, 12:36:56 am »
If he does it will finally put the Republican party out of it's misery. IMHO of course.

Agree.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2014, 12:55:36 am »
The GOP just won majorities in both fedgov legislatures, a majority of states and governorships. Some to near record levels.

Inability to grasp that set of facts, and somehow find distress in those metrics, indicates a vision or reasoning problem.

I would be much more realistically troubled by the Tea Party movement, which has seen approval drop significantly from the early results, because of really amateur candidate vetting, some lousy candidates, etc.  They ought to see themselves in distress.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2014, 01:03:57 am »
The GOP just won majorities in both fedgov legislatures, a majority of states and governorships. Some to near record levels.

Inability to grasp that set of facts, and somehow find distress in those metrics, indicates a vision or reasoning problem.

I would be much more realistically troubled by the Tea Party movement, which has seen approval drop significantly from the early results, because of really amateur candidate vetting, some lousy candidates, etc.  They ought to see themselves in distress.

That will make a difference and the state level but, from all indications thus far, not much at the federal level. The inside the beltway game will continue unabated albeit with a few more Ted Cruz types in the mix trying to disrupt it.  Eventually that will catch on and the game in Washington WILL change!

The TEA party movement is doing just fine on the state and local level and that is probably where they need to confine their efforts.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2014, 01:27:00 am »

The GOP also won the house by a huge number in 2010, and still lost 2012.

The regression line also shows a steady erosion of GOP support from the time of Nixon's landslide over McGovern in 1972. Overall, the general trend has been more and more toward the Democrats.

Need I remind you that the Establishment got us people like Todd Akin, Tommy Thompson, Mitt Romney, John McCain, and so on. All losers.

If the Tea Party is the one in trouble, then the country is in trouble. They're right. The GOP establishment is wrong. They continue to support bills that keep putting our country in deeper problems. In that sense, they are simply tools of the Democrats, since our future overlords know full well that the establishment will cave when push comes to shove.

Right and wrong—what a fancy concept! Yet people seem to constantly choose wrong.

If the country chooses wrong, as they've constantly done lately, they need to be corrected. And forcefully.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2014, 01:38:47 am »
Right and wrong—what a fancy concept!

Every politician on the planet will ALWAYS insist that he is trying to do the 'right  thing"!  He just won't tell you who it's the right thing for.  In most cases it is their K street master who benefits.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2014, 02:01:41 am »
Well over 90 percent of the decisions politicians make in office have very little to do with conservative vs liberal. Instead, they have to do with pitting special interests against each other and collecting money from both sides while delaying making decisions. This is the game they all love, including the lobbyists who collect from their clients so long as decisions remain up in the air.

Victor M.

He's right as rain!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2014, 04:41:55 am »

Jes' kiddin'!
Or... maybe not.