Author Topic: Boehner’s ‘Failures’ Might Get Him Tossed as Speaker if Trey Gowdy and His Supporters Have Their Way  (Read 1441 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.ijreview.com/2014/12/216225-trey-gowdy-take-speaker-house/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=organic&utm_content=conservativedaily&utm_campaign=Politics

Boehner’s ‘Failures’ Might Get Him Tossed as Speaker if Trey Gowdy and His Supporters Have Their Way
BY CHRIS ENLOE (1 DAY AGO) | ELECTIONS, NATION, POLITICS

or the last few years, conservatives have tried to rid the House of its current Speaker, John Boehner.

When Boehner reportedly began to kick fiscal conservatives off of House Committees in 2012, American Majority Action launched their #FireBoehner campaign.

In 2012, AMA stated:

“’Speaker Boehner has been an abysmal failure as speaker, and his latest purge is the nail in the coffin for conservatives.’

Ryun added, ‘Boehner has never won a negation battle with the White House or Senate—and he’s been nothing short of an embarrassing spokesman for the Conservative Movement. It’s time for him to go.’”

Their movement gained traction, but failed to accomplish its goal of kicking Boehner out of the top spot in the House.

Well, with 2015 approaching, Conservatives are once again calling for Boehner to be replaced as Speaker. This time, it’s none other than South Carolina’s own Trey Gowdy.

Gowdy has stated time and again that he won’t stand for lies, corruption, and contempt. His recent rant to Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber shows just what kind of congressman Trey Gowdy is.

Some users are taking to Twitter, calling for Trey Gowdy to be Speaker of the House:

Ryan Hutchings @Hutch111888
Follow
Trey Gowdy for Speaker of the House!!!! Needs to happen!
3:44 PM - 12 Dec 2014

continued..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Won't happen. Boehner's a shoe-in, especially with all the new members coming in.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Maybe he is a shoe in - figure you are right, there. Doesn't mean he shouldn't be challenged.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline libertybele

I hope he is challenged and loses.  That would be a huge win for the American people.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
http://www.ijreview.com/2014/12/216225-trey-gowdy-take-speaker-house/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=organic&utm_content=conservativedaily&utm_campaign=Politics

Boehner’s ‘Failures’ Might Get Him Tossed as Speaker if Trey Gowdy and His Supporters Have Their Way
BY CHRIS ENLOE (1 DAY AGO) | ELECTIONS, NATION, POLITICS

or the last few years, conservatives have tried to rid the House of its current Speaker, John Boehner.

When Boehner reportedly began to kick fiscal conservatives off of House Committees in 2012, American Majority Action launched their #FireBoehner campaign.

In 2012, AMA stated:

Their movement gained traction, but failed to accomplish its goal of kicking Boehner out of the top spot in the House.

Well, with 2015 approaching, Conservatives are once again calling for Boehner to be replaced as Speaker. This time, it’s none other than South Carolina’s own Trey Gowdy.

Gowdy has stated time and again that he won’t stand for lies, corruption, and contempt. His recent rant to Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber shows just what kind of congressman Trey Gowdy is.

Some users are taking to Twitter, calling for Trey Gowdy to be Speaker of the House:

continued..

Where's that 'like" button?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

This "story" is click-bait for the hopelessly deluded.  Enjoy.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Boehner is safe.  Gowdy will not challenge him, and neither will any other credible conservative.  Anyone who tells you otherwise is probably trying to con money from you.

Besides, Boehner is not the problem.  His job is to be a lightning rod, and for being one most of his "conservative" colleagues are grateful.  I put conservative in quotes because I have spent many years working with politicians and found very few of them to be ideological.  Mostly, they are pragmatic, self-employed representatives who position themselves based on where they need to be positioned to win election. 

Well over 90 percent of the decisions politicians make in office have very little to do with conservative vs liberal.  Instead, they have to do with pitting special interests against each other and collecting money from both sides while delaying making decisions.  This is the game they all love, including the lobbyists who collect from their clients so long as decisions remain up in the air. 

The voters are just a necessary nuisance to them.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 03:54:59 am by massadvj »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Boehner is safe.  Gowdy will not challenge him, and neither will any other credible conservative.  Anyone who tells you otherwise is probably trying to con money from you.

Besides, Boehner is not the problem.  His job is to be a lightning rod, and for being one most of his "conservative" colleagues are grateful.  I put conservative in quotes because I have spent many years working with politicians and found very few of them to be ideological.  Mostly, they are pragmatic, self-employed representatives who position themselves based on where they need to be positioned to win election. 

Well over 90 percent of the decisions politicians make in office have very little to do with conservative vs liberal.  Instead, they have to do with pitting special interests against each other and collecting money from both sides while delaying making decisions.  This is the game they all love, including the lobbyists who collect from their clients so long as decisions remain up in the air. 

The voters are just a necessary nuisance to them.

EXACTLY right!  It would be hard to say it any better than that!

And the great unwashed,  That would be you and I,  have no representation in Washington at all!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien