Author Topic: Obama: 'There's no way to say race relations are worse'  (Read 613 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama: 'There's no way to say race relations are worse'
« on: November 24, 2014, 02:56:59 pm »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/obama-theres-no-way-to-say-race-relations-are-worse/article/2556562

Obama: 'There's no way to say race relations are worse'
By David M. Drucker | November 23, 2014 | 11:06 am

President Obama said in an interview broadcast on Sunday that race relations in the U.S. are demonstrably better than they were even 10 years ago.

Discussing the shooting of an unarmed African-American teenager in Ferguson, Mo., on ABC News’ “This Week,” Obama conceded that there are still issues to be worked out, including a deep mistrust of law enforcement in minority communities that the federal government has a role in addressing. In part, Obama said, this is because race-related issues get more attention than they did years ago.

But the nation’s first African-American president said that the U.S. has come a long way from its racially divisive past.

“My own experience tells me that race relations continue to improve. If you think about just in our lifetimes ... where we’ve traveled, there’s no way to say race relations are worse now than they were 10 years ago, 20 years ago or 50 years ago. Part of what happens is, is they get a lot more attention today,” Obama said. “I’ve said this before: As an African-American male, there have been times where I experienced discrimination as a young man — it’s been awhile since it happened — and I think the folks on the other side of it might not understand why there are concerns or mistrust. ... But it’s important not to overreact either or suggest that we haven’t made progress.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Obama: 'There's no way to say race relations are worse'
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 02:59:24 pm »
President Obama said in an interview broadcast on Sunday that race relations in the U.S. are demonstrably better than they were even 10 years ago.

He is completely delusional!

The exact reverse is true!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 03:10:32 pm »
He is completely delusional!

The exact reverse is true!

I'm not sure if he's delusional, or just a malignant liar, but you're absolutely right that the exact reverse is true.

He and his allies on the left have managed to gin up hatred that is beyond what existed even 20-30 years ago, and have plunged us into a racial abyss.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 06:13:02 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 06:19:57 pm »
I'm not sure if he's delusional, or just a malignant liar, but you're absolutely right that the exact reverse is true.

He and his allies on the left have managed to gin up hatred that is beyond what existed even 20-30 years ago, and have plunged us into a racial abyss.

He is both delusional and a malignant liar!

:beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien