Author Topic: Report: Obama to Sign Executive Amnesty Friday in Vegas (Updated)  (Read 7766 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Report: Obama to Sign Executive Amnesty Friday in Vegas (Updated)
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2014, 04:58:47 pm »
Well obviously not everybody, but I'd agree probably less than before the election.  OTOH, most Americans want the GOP to work across the aisle with the Democrats to fashion legislation.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/wsj-nbc-poll-finds-americans-want-parties-to-work-together-1416439838

ONLY if that legislation they work across the aisle on serves to STOP OBAMA's imperial rule!  Otherwise no!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2014, 04:59:01 pm »
Polling is an excellent way for media to overturn election results by planting ideas in the mind of the public...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline flowers

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2014, 05:26:03 pm »
He does this tonight. Soon the internet gets hit. Then the globalwarming/attackonwealth plan goes warp-speed. Oh Iran gets nukes  Just a wonderful happy 2 years the dems will have. They are just so ecstatic in the White house these days.  :chairbang: 8888crybaby **nononono*

Offline olde north church

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2014, 05:27:37 pm »
The "Overwhelm The Homeland" strategy is working beyond it's planner's wildest dreams.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2014, 05:31:14 pm »
ONLY if that legislation they work across the aisle on serves to STOP OBAMA's imperial rule!  Otherwise no!

Most people don't want to see Obama acting unilaterally at least not on the immigration issue.  I don't think the 63% referred to in the article though were thinking about just stopping Obama's unilateral plans, but such cross-aisle efforts would take the focus off Obama...not that he'd like that.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2014, 05:33:45 pm »
Polling is an excellent way for media to overturn election results by planting ideas in the mind of the public...

So are you saying that before the poll, respondents really didn't want Congress to work together to fashion legislation?  I'm not sure how the polling overturned anything, as it appears people are generally happy to see some balance restored.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2014, 05:37:04 pm »
Most people don't want to see Obama acting unilaterally at least not on the immigration issue.  I don't think the 63% referred to in the article though were thinking about just stopping Obama's unilateral plans, but such cross-aisle efforts would take the focus off Obama...not that he'd like that.

I can't read your article and I'm not about to subscribe in order to but if you are talking about cross-aisle efforts to repeal the ACA or reign in the EPA or force the "Justice" Department to comply with the law I think you are right!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2014, 05:41:43 pm »
THIS is what most Americans REALLY want!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2014, 06:00:35 pm »
I can't read your article and I'm not about to subscribe in order to but if you are talking about cross-aisle efforts to repeal the ACA or reign in the EPA or force the "Justice" Department to comply with the law I think you are right!

I think the first paragraph told most of the story:

Some 63% Want Candidates Elected This Year to Broker Deals With Lawmakers From Across Aisle

By
Patrick O’Connor

Americans are largely pleased with the outcome of this month’s midterm elections but have little faith that Republican gains in the House and Senate will prompt the two parties to work more closely to solve the nation’s problems, a new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll finds.

Don't know about your agenda for the GOP, but I do think the Democrats will go along with some of the Republican ideas on Obamacare, especially the device tax.  After SCOTUS cuts the federal subsidies, the GOP will have another opportunity.  Republicans will get Keystone approved by Congress, and while they'll have some difficulty with the EPA, they may be able to get some reasonable adjustments to its authority.  I'd like to see them start on tax reform, which they can do early on.  But remember, talking to the Democrats across the aisle will require some amount of compromise with their issues.  That's the hard part.  If Obama hadn't decided to go it alone on immigration, both parties could have reached an agreement, but not now.

Every bill they send Obama that has a reasonable Democrat representation on them will pay off in '16 regardless of whether BHO vetoes them or not. 

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2014, 06:01:52 pm »
THIS is what most Americans REALLY want!

How do you know that?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2014, 06:06:15 pm »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2014, 06:34:49 pm »
I'd like to see them start on tax reform, which they can do early on.

I'm not the least bit interested in "reforming" the current tax code!  It's been reformed enough already!

I'd much rather just throw the entire Marxist mess onto the ash heap of history, where it properly belongs, and replace it with a point of retail sale only sales tax on new goods and services only!

http://fairtax.org

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2014, 06:55:24 pm »
Intuition!

I suppose we all have a little of that...

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2014, 07:01:10 pm »
I'm not the least bit interested in "reforming" the current tax code!  It's been reformed enough already!

I'd much rather just throw the entire Marxist mess onto the ash heap of history, where it properly belongs, and replace it with a point of retail sale only sales tax on new goods and services only!

http://fairtax.org

Well given that world peace will occur just prior to that, I'd still like to see something akin to Simpson/Bowles.  Lower all tax rates and end all credits, most exclusions, and loopholes.  It would be a move toward fiscal responsibility.   And we must pay off the debt we have incurred and not through currency inflation.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2014, 08:02:54 pm »
I suppose we all have a little of that...

And I'll just bet you that I can come up with a poll just as relevant as your WSJ/NBC poll that supports that!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2014, 08:09:25 pm »
Well given that world peace will occur just prior to that, ...

How do you know that?

I'd still like to see something akin to Simpson/Bowles.  Lower all tax rates and end all credits, most exclusions, and loopholes.  It would be a move toward fiscal responsibility.   And we must pay off the debt we have incurred and not through currency inflation.

Knock yourself out! We've been through that exercise any number of times already and always end right back in the same place!!

Anything that retains the Marxist income tax and the IRS is guaranteed to be a loser in the cause of freedom.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2014, 08:37:01 pm »
That's me.

Cool.  I thought you were a Cincy fan for some reason.  Browns fans are among the most dedicated in all of sports.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2014, 08:48:16 pm »
And I'll just bet you that I can come up with a poll just as relevant as your WSJ/NBC poll that supports that!

You might just be able to do that.  You do know that every poll everywhere for the past several years show congressional approval ratings lower and lower don't you?  Do you think that might have anything to do with not working together on major issues?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2014, 09:04:34 pm »
You might just be able to do that.  You do know that every poll everywhere for the past several years show congressional approval ratings lower and lower don't you?  Do you think that might have anything to do with not working together on major issues?

Nope! In fact, I think it is the EXACT opposite of that!  I think that the ratings are sinking precisely because the current republican party leadership in Washington is signaling that they have COMPLETELY misinterpreted the election results!

The voters sent them to Washington to STOP Obama and they are signaling that they think they were sent there to work with Obama!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2014, 09:06:33 pm »
How do you know that?

Several reasons.  First Congress simply wouldn't give away that kind of power.  The tax code is used to influence behavior, punish enemies and reward friends.  Second, the growing income and wealth gaps are leading more and more Americans to want even more from the rich.  Third, I'm not aware of any legislation on it getting past a first reading and ultimately being forwarded to committee to languish.

I think most legislators who have considered it understand that the large tax rate on it pays off only when the seller reduces prices by the same percentage.  And taxes aren't the only influence on pricing policies. Finally without repealing the 16th Amendment, most people understand that ultimately we'd wind up with two large tax revenue pools instead of one.

Knock yourself out! We've been through that exercise any number of times already and always end right back in the same place!!

Anything that retains the Marxist income tax and the IRS is guaranteed to be a loser in the cause of freedom.

Well I know that both wealth and income taxes were around long before Marx was a gleam in daddy's eye.  I want to see something positive done the next two years if I expect the GOP to hang around for another term.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2014, 09:07:25 pm »
There are a GREAT many people out here in the hinterlands who, like me,  have NO interest at all in getting along with Democrats! We want only to completely and utterly DEFEAT the Communist pukes once and for all!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2014, 09:08:29 pm »
Nope! In fact, I think it is the EXACT opposite of that!  I think that the ratings are sinking precisely because the current republican party leadership in Washington is signaling that they have COMPLETELY misinterpreted the election results!

The voters sent them to Washington to STOP Obama and they are signaling that they think they were sent there to work with Obama!

The ratings of Congress have been in the toilet for years Bigun.  And if you understand something the polls don't then why are you opposed to impeachment?  Wouldn't that stop Obama?

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2014, 09:10:02 pm »
There are a GREAT many people out here in the hinterlands who, like me,  have NO interest at all in getting along with Democrats! We want only to completely and utterly DEFEAT the Communist pukes once and for all!

You chat with them regularly do you?  I wouldn't know how to estimate such a group short of some kind of statistical sample.  Do you?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2014, 09:19:43 pm »
Well I know that both wealth and income taxes were around long before Marx was a gleam in daddy's eye.

Indeed they were and have NEVER worked out well for those having to live under them!  A FACT the founders of this once great nation were clearly aware of!

And the FACT that Marx and Engles endorsed them right there in the Communist Manifesto makes them a MARXIST ideal in my book!

Here's the EXACT quote!

“The proletariat will use its political supremacy top wrest, by degrees, all capital from the bourgeoisie, to centralize all instruments of production in the hands of the State, i.e., of the proletariat organized as the ruling class; and to increase the total of productive forces as rapidly as possible. Of course, in the beginning, this cannot be effected except by means of despotic inroads on the rights of property, and on the conditions of bourgeois production; by means of measures, therefore, which appear economically insufficient and untenable, but which, in the course of the movement, outstrip themselves, necessitate further inroads upon the old social order, and are unavoidable as a means of entirely revolutionizing the mode of production. These measures will of course be different in different countries. Nevertheless in the most advanced countries, the following will be pretty generally applicable.

1.   Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.

2.   A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.

3.   Abolition of all right of inheritance.

4.   Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.

5.   Centralization of credit in the hands of the State, by means of a national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly.

6.   Centralization of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the State.

7.   Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the State; the bringing into cultivation of waste-lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.

8.   Equal liability of all to labor. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.

9.   Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country, by a more equable distribution of the population over the country.

10.   Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production, &c., &c.

When, in the course of development, class distinctions have disappeared, and all production has been concentrated in the hands of a vast association of the whole nation, the public power will lose its political character. Political power, properly so called, is merely the organized power of one class for oppressing another. If the proletariat during its contest with the bourgeoisie is compelled, by the force of circumstances, to organize itself as a class, if, by means of a revolution, it makes itself the ruling class, and, as such, sweeps away by force the old conditions of production, then it will, along with these conditions, have swept away the conditions for the existence of class antagonisms and of classes generally, and will thereby have abolished its own supremacy as a class. In place of the old bourgeois society, with its classes and class antagonisms, we shall have an association, in which the free development of each is the condition for the free development of all.”

Manifesto of the Communist Party, 1848, Chapter 2. Chapter II. Proletarians and Communists

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2014, 09:26:57 pm »
The ratings of Congress have been in the toilet for years Bigun.  And if you understand something the polls don't then why are you opposed to impeachment?  Wouldn't that stop Obama?

Yes they have and, I think, for the exact reason I have already stated! There are very few in Congress who will DO what I think the people are literally BEGGING them to do which is STAND UP AN FIGHT!

I am not opposed to impeachment in principle but I do fully grasp the FACT that the milquetoast people we currently have in the leadership of our party cannot and will not carry it off!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 09:34:54 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien