Author Topic: Pelosi & Company Deny Pregnant Amputee Veteran Her Vote: Sure They Did Tammy Duckworth Not A Chance  (Read 646 times)

rangerrebew

Pelosi & Company Deny Pregnant Amputee Veteran Her Vote: Sure They Did Tammy Duckworth Not A Chance

Posted on November 17, 2014 by JC | 1 Comment

Comment by Jim Campbell, Citizen Journalist, Oath Keeper and Patriot.

The only conceivable reason Tammy Duckworth was denied her right to vote by proxy was because team Obama already knew they had the election won.

One must travel far to see a bigger self-promoting speech than the one she gave below.

Play it up big for us Ms. T. Show us your amputations, why is it men and many women wear slacks, sad that you lost your legs, but do yourself a favor and wear slacks.  After all that’s the only thing Hillary wears, right?

Perhaps most of the speech was a lie, after all she is a democrat.  In any event something must have gone terribly wrong with her love of the Democrat party.

It’s also conceivable, like other members in her party she is no longer buying what “Her chosen one is selling.”

By Bethany Mandel

For the last several years, Americans have heard nothing but ridiculous and unfounded “War on Women” rhetoric from Democrats. What constitutes a “War on Women” in their minds?

Not falling in lockstep with policies which leave the average American paying for birth control and unfettered access to abortion. Understandably many Americans disagree with these policies, especially given the responsibility for paying for them, including many women.

It’s with this in mind that you just have to laugh at this latest story about internal House Democratic politics.

National Journal reports on the outrage, which they claim is predominately a product of conservative media,

As social media rumbled Friday with news that House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and some other top Democrats opposed letting a pregnant Rep. Tammy Duckworth vote by proxy in internal party elections next week, the congresswoman quietly accepted that verdict.

Are you sick of hearing about a supposed “War on Women?” Please leave your comments with the page.

“I submitted a request to the Caucus to allow for a proxy vote due to my pregnancy,” said Duckworth, a double-amputee Iraq War veteran, in a statement. “The Caucus chose not to allow me to vote via proxy. I respect the process and very much appreciated my colleagues who made sure my request was considered.”

But beyond the tranquil response from Duckworth—whose doctor has advised that she not travel to Washington in these final weeks of her pregnancy—Democrats squabbled amongst themselves and some critics were aghast at the refusal to lift a House Democratic Caucus rule against such proxy voting in this case so that Duckworth might have a say in Tuesday’s intra-party elections.

Why is it that Duckworth was denied a proxy vote? It might not just be because she couldn’t attend the meeting in person. Politicos claim that Duckworth was likely denied her vote due to the fact that she was planning on voting contrary to Nancy Pelosi, who made the decision not to accept a proxy vote from the double amputee veteran. National Journal explains, “Duckworth supports Rep. Frank Pallone, but Pelosi has backed Rep. Anna Eshoo, in what is emerging as a razor-close internal caucus split, where every vote could count.”

For those of you keep track at home, it’s apparently all right for Democrats to deny the vote to a pregnant veteran who sacrificed both of her legs in the war effort, but only if she’s voting the “wrong way.” Imagine if this despicable move had been made by Republicans instead. We’d be reading about it in more places than just National Journal, that’s for sure.

http://dancingczars.wordpress.com/2014/11/17/pelosi-company-deny-pregnant-amputee-veteran-her-vote-sure-she-did-tammy-duckworth-not-a-chance/#more-122713
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 02:29:22 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline GourmetDan

Politicos claim that Duckworth was likely denied her vote due to the fact that she was planning on voting contrary to Nancy Pelosi, who made the decision not to accept a proxy vote from the double amputee veteran.

Well duh...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline olde north church

Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upsarin
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.