Author Topic: This Was How America Looked After Obama Was Elected in 2008… (then, 2014)  (Read 1685 times)

Offline Lando Lincoln

House of Representatives - 2008

House of Representatives - 2014

Via The Blaze ----> http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/11/05/this-was-how-america-looked-after-obama-was-elected-in-2008/
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 12:20:53 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline MACVSOG68

Quite a contrast.  But I hope the Republicans understand the pendulum swings both ways.   How quickly will depend on whether they can actually work together on relevant issues.  But then again...
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Quite a contrast.  But I hope the Republicans understand the pendulum swings both ways.   How quickly will depend on whether they can actually work together on relevant issues.  But then again...

How quickly depends on whether or not the actually DO what they were sent there to do which is STOP OBAMA!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

How quickly depends on whether or not the actually DO what they were sent there to do which is STOP OBAMA!

What does that actually mean in terms of legislating the important issues?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

Amen Bigun!  Before we get too happy - I must remind everyone that with McConnell in charge - we're screwed!  The man talks like he "hears us" and he will take the fight to Washington DC - that's what he has said on every form letter I've received in response to my contact to him on numerous issues over 30 years.  Then, he resumes his business as usual - cronyism and anything that will keep his ass in DC.

This man, along with Boehner, McCain, Graham, and many others - are already meeting with Dems to concoct their new schemes.  They WANT amnesty - they will not repeal Obamacare!

WE must not let up and we must hold their feet to the fire every minute!  Our work is really just beginning - do not go back to sleep people!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline alicewonders

The first and best thing they could do to turn the economy on instantly is to repeal Obamacare!  It was rammed through illegally and needs to be obliterated like the evil scourge it is.

NO!!!!!!!!  Do not tinker with it or try to "fix" it - NO!  It is an abomination and must be abolished.

JOB ONE!!!!!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

It means at least a SINCERE attempt at repealing every last word of the "Affordable Care Act" since ever single newly elected Republican ran on doing  that!

It means doing everything in their power to STOP any form of amnesty!

It means doing everything in their power investigate, punish, and  STOP the blatant lawlessness of this administration!

That will do for starters!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The first and best thing they could do to turn the economy on instantly is to repeal Obamacare!  It was rammed through illegally and needs to be obliterated like the evil scourge it is.

NO!!!!!!!!  Do not tinker with it or try to "fix" it - NO!  It is an abomination and must be abolished.

JOB ONE!!!!!

And if that is all they manage to do  that will be quite sufficient in my view!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Amen Bigun!  Before we get too happy - I must remind everyone that with McConnell in charge - we're screwed!  The man talks like he "hears us" and he will take the fight to Washington DC - that's what he has said on every form letter I've received in response to my contact to him on numerous issues over 30 years.  Then, he resumes his business as usual - cronyism and anything that will keep his ass in DC.

This man, along with Boehner, McCain, Graham, and many others - are already meeting with Dems to concoct their new schemes.  They WANT amnesty - they will not repeal Obamacare!

WE must not let up and we must hold their feet to the fire every minute!  Our work is really just beginning - do not go back to sleep people!

Absolutely right Alice!  Our biggest problem is "Republicans " that are very hard to distinguish from Democrats! The MSM runs a close second!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

JOB ONE!!!!!

Assuming the new GOP majority wants to actually accomplish something, George Will had several suggestions today, among them two that would hit Obamacare where it's hurting the economy the most.  Just about every poll shows a majority of Americans don't like Obamacare, but at the same time want it fixed, not repealed...by large margins.

An outright repeal of course would be immediately vetoed, but strategic changes to the law might not.  And after the veto, then what?  At least with a few changes, Obama will either veto them or have to sign them.  A veto on legislative fixes would put him in a bad light; a veto on repeal would show Republicans are simply doing what most people think Congress is doing...nothing.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Re: This Was How America Looked After Obama Was Elected in 2008… (then, 2014)
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2014, 02:12:10 pm »
Assuming the new GOP majority wants to actually accomplish something, George Will had several suggestions today, among them two that would hit Obamacare where it's hurting the economy the most.  Just about every poll shows a majority of Americans don't like Obamacare, but at the same time want it fixed, not repealed...by large margins.

An outright repeal of course would be immediately vetoed, but strategic changes to the law might not.  And after the veto, then what?  At least with a few changes, Obama will either veto them or have to sign them.  A veto on legislative fixes would put him in a bad light; a veto on repeal would show Republicans are simply doing what most people think Congress is doing...nothing.

Do you not understand that Harry Reid has been running interference for Obama for 6 years now? He has been pretty much protected from having to commit himself on ANYTHING and that needs to stop right now!

MAKE him go on the record as the one who vetoed the repeal of Obamacare!  Make him go on the record on EVERYTHING!

« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 02:13:51 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2014, 02:12:39 pm »
It means at least a SINCERE attempt at repealing every last word of the "Affordable Care Act" since ever single newly elected Republican ran on doing  that!

It means doing everything in their power to STOP any form of amnesty!

It means doing everything in their power investigate, punish, and  STOP the blatant lawlessness of this administration!

That will do for starters!

Democrats are with you Bigun.  That's exactly what they hope the new majority will do.  Their biggest fear is that the new Congress will actually pass legislation that will accomplish something.  They know Obama will have to use his veto pen, and better for them if it's done to quash bills Americans don't want anyway. 

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2014, 02:15:58 pm »
Democrats are with you Bigun.  That's exactly what they hope the new majority will do.  Their biggest fear is that the new Congress will actually pass legislation that will accomplish something.  They know Obama will have to use his veto pen, and better for them if it's done to quash bills Americans don't want anyway.

I don't believe that for a moment and in any case I don't CARE about what the democrats want or don't want! I DO care a great deal about what the ELECTORATE wants!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 02:16:23 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2014, 02:19:11 pm »
Do you not understand that Harry Reid has been running interference for Obama for 6 years now? He has been pretty much protected from having to commit himself on ANYTHING and that needs to stop right now!

I not only understand it Bigun, I've been saying that right here on this forum numerous times.  And I couldn't agree more with you.  Force Obama to make decisions.  But don't hand him winners like an Obamacare repeal.  Force him to veto some actual positive legislation.

I know that repeal of Obamacare is a really big thing for some.  But once that's vetoed, what then?  I don't think Americans voted in a Republican majority simply to play games screwing around with Obama for two years.  But of course, JMHO.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2014, 02:28:33 pm »
I not only understand it Bigun, I've been saying that right here on this forum numerous times.  And I couldn't agree more with you.  Force Obama to make decisions.  But don't hand him winners like an Obamacare repeal.  Force him to veto some actual positive legislation.

I know that repeal of Obamacare is a really big thing for some.  But once that's vetoed, what then?  I don't think Americans voted in a Republican majority simply to play games screwing around with Obama for two years.  But of course, JMHO.

Damn right it is a REALLY big thing and it HAS to be done if the Republicans are to maintain any semblance of credibility with the people who elected them!  They promised to do it and they should do it! Who cares if Obama vetoes it! I personally hope and pray that he dose EXACTLY that because it will expose him for exactly what he is to millions of people that don't fully understand that yet!

After he does that then we come back and take it apart piece by piece, sending bills with 70% or better public support to his desk for his signature!  THAT course of action will cement the Republicans standing with the electorate for quite a while!  Just my humble opinion of course!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 02:59:24 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2014, 02:28:58 pm »
I don't believe that for a moment and in any case I don't CARE about what the democrats want or don't want! I DO care a great deal about what the ELECTORATE wants!

Well, that's what Democrats say, whether they believe it or not.  So would you look at exit polling to see what the ELECTORATE wants?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2014, 02:31:07 pm »
Well, that's what Democrats say, whether they believe it or not.  So would you look at exit polling to see what the ELECTORATE wants?

I don't have to look at anything other than Tuesday's election results to know what the electorate wants! They made it quite plain!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2014, 02:37:57 pm »
"I don't really care to be president without the Senate," Obama reportedly conceded in June.

Political analysts, and even some Democratic insiders, have long questioned whether President Barack Obama's frequent golf outings and extended vacations are further evidence that he has checked out on the presidency and is eager to hit the exits. In the wake of last night's Republican romp, Democrats' suspicions that Obama is as ready to return to civilian life as Republicans are to send him there may only grow.
Outgoing Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) aggressively shielded Obama by holding up Senate bills that would have proven embarrassing defeats to a president at odds with members of his own Democratic Party.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/11/05/FLASHBACK-Obama-I-Don-t-Really-Care-to-be-President-Without-the-Senate

Why do you suppose he would feel that way?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2014, 02:43:27 pm »

Word, alice, word. McConnell is perhaps a 10% improvement over Harry Reid. With McConnell as majority leader nothing much will change. We are, as conservatives and libertarians, screwed.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2014, 02:48:56 pm »
Damn right it is a REALLY big thing and it HAS to be done if the Republicans are to maintain any semblance of credibility with the people who elected them!  They promised to do it and they should do it! Who cares if Obama vetoes it! I personally hoe and pray that he dose EXACTLY that because it will expose him for exactly what he is to millions of people that don't fully understand that yet!

After he does that then we come back and take it apart piece by piece, sending bills with 70% or better public support to his desk for his signature!  THAT course of action will cement the Republicans standing with the electorate for quite a while!  Just my humble opinion of course!

There's a $6000 deductible under Obamacare's bronze plan. $6000!!! How "affordable" is that for the average family?

Repeal, repeal, repeal!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2014, 02:58:11 pm »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2014, 03:04:24 pm »

First thing MAC, stop being guided by polls.  That is exactly what they want you to think.  Americans hate Obamacare because it is an obamination and extremely destructive to our country.  We're electing these guys to do the right thing and get rid of it - not keep it in the garage, tinkering on it for the rest of our lives.

Get rid of it and build something better - FROM SCRATCH. 

As far as Obama's vetos - let them pile up and never stop talking about them - who is being obstructionist?

Most importantly - before they can end Obamacare - the Republican Party MUST come up with a better plan!  A detailed plan!  It is possible to ensure that high-risk and other people are insured without destroying everyone else's insurance.  I pray to God they are working on this right now, and that they reveal this plan ASAP!  They must have an alternative.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2014, 03:16:30 pm »
There's a $6000 deductible under Obamacare's bronze plan. $6000!!! How "affordable" is that for the average family?

Repeal, repeal, repeal!

And you know, that $6000 per year deductible - you have to pay out of pocket before the coverage kicks in - is on top of the monthly premium you must pay - I don't know what that runs for a Bronze plan - but you could easily look at a family having to pay out of pocket $12,000 a year or more before they start getting their coverage. 

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2014, 04:09:39 pm »
First thing MAC, stop being guided by polls.  That is exactly what they want you to think.  Americans hate Obamacare because it is an obamination and extremely destructive to our country.  We're electing these guys to do the right thing and get rid of it - not keep it in the garage, tinkering on it for the rest of our lives.

We all here, (AFAIK) want the Congress to listen to the American people...I think.  And how do they do that?  Polls do have their place in accomplishing that.  And I understand that some here believe that no matter how many polls from almost every source might provide similar results, they somehow know Americans really feel differently.

Get rid of it and build something better - FROM SCRATCH.

So the problem they have is how they get rid of it.

As far as Obama's vetos - let them pile up and never stop talking about them - who is being obstructionist?

Depends on what he's vetoing.  If it's actual legislation with a realistic purpose, then I agree...let him veto.

Most importantly - before they can end Obamacare - the Republican Party MUST come up with a better plan!  A detailed plan!  It is possible to ensure that high-risk and other people are insured without destroying everyone else's insurance.  I pray to God they are working on this right now, and that they reveal this plan ASAP!  They must have an alternative.

There have been numerous suggestions, and many of them seem pretty realistic.  One way or another they will have to address the big issues in Obamacare. 

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2014, 04:20:46 pm »
We all here, (AFAIK) want the Congress to listen to the American people...I think.  And how do they do that?  Polls do have their place in accomplishing that.  And I understand that some here believe that no matter how many polls from almost every source might provide similar results, they somehow know Americans really feel differently.

So the problem they have is how they get rid of it.

Depends on what he's vetoing.  If it's actual legislation with a realistic purpose, then I agree...let him veto.

There have been numerous suggestions, and many of them seem pretty realistic.  One way or another they will have to address the big issues in Obamacare.

It's easier to just NULL and VOID it - it was rammed through in an inappropriate way - just slay the monster!  It's the most merciful way!

Again, don't buy into the polls.  The liberals own the media, and that includes the polls.  They manipulate them like crazy.  How do I know what people are thinking if I don't look at polls?  I live out here in the great Fly-Over Country and I live in Realville!  Believe me, I know.