Author Topic: Cruz: If We Nominate Another Dole, McCain or Romney "Millions Of People Will Stay Home"  (Read 3325 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline evadR

No Sir! I will not!

Scott Walker and Rick Perry ARE my short list at this point in time!
Well, let's hope we're not faced with the Bushie decision.
I'd say Perry is numero uno.

I want someone who will take it to the rats as well as lay out the path to recovery.
I thought the "Contract with America" was a great idea.
I'm exhausted with this "fear of speaking out" syndrome.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

SPQR

With respect to those here - who do not do that sort of foolishness - being fluent in a second language can be a disadvantage. Just off the top of my head, GWB has more than basic Mexicana and he was pilloried for it by conservatives. Rick Perry's ability to speak Mexicana was a point of suspicion in the '12 primaries. And you remember that Mitt Romney's fluent French was a sticking point with some people.

On Jeb Bush as President, I have no real opinion apart from a general but emphatic distaste for political dynasties. Don't know enough about him to have formed a real opinion yet as to his fitness - say if his last name was Clarke, not Bush.

We should be reaching out  to Hispanics and one thing is speaking their language and embracing their culture if you going to California back. Thou hast forgotten your history. Their closest tie was FDR's wife Eleanor who was also the niece of President Theodore Roosevelt. Uncle Teddy was president of the United States in 1905 and even walked his brother Elliot's daughter down the aisle. (And yes, that means the president and first lady were fifth cousins once removed.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._presidential_relatives
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 11:33:49 pm by Trigger »

SPQR

If Jeb Bush winds up as the Nominee of the Republican Party I will vote third party for the fist time in my life!

SURELY we can do better than that!

Vote for a third party if the Republicans want to lose both houses and the the White House. Do not come crying to me and complaining. Remember Ross Perot. If Ross Perot was not in the race in 1992 Bill Clinton would be an out of work governor. If you want to win you going to address California which is Hispanic population is growing
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 12:18:47 am by Trigger »

SPQR

Vote for a third party if the Republicans want to lose both houses and the the White House. Do not come crying to me and complaining. Remember Ross Perot. If Ross Perot was not in the race in 1992 Bill Clinton would be an out of work governor. If you want to win you going to address California which is Hispanic population is growing

We have lost California 3 times because we have refused to address this issue. If the issue is not resolved we will continue losing 54 electorial votes

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Trigger wrote above:
[[ Jeb Bush would be a good nominee because he speaks the language of the fastest growing population in the United States: Hispanics ]]

Heh.

Fearless prediction (and I invite every member of this forum to hold me to it):
If Jeb Bush is the Republican nominee in 2016, the Pubbies are going to have the worst loss since Barry Goldwater in 1964.

I don’t care WHO runs against him.
Even Lieawatha Warren from Mass will beat him — easily.

If there’s one political name Americans ain’t gonna vote for no mo’ (at least not for a L-O-N-G time), it’s “Bush”…

Online Lando Lincoln

I don't know about that, but I wasn't considering it as I read the article.  This isn't binary, it's not a choice between a Jeb Bush and a Ted Cruz.  There are a lot of electable people in between that are going to come out.

I sure hope so. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

SPQR

Trigger wrote above:
[[ Jeb Bush would be a good nominee because he speaks the language of the fastest growing population in the United States: Hispanics ]]

Heh.

If Jeb Bush is the Republican nominee in 2016, the Pubbies are going to have the worst loss since Barry Goldwater in 1964.

If there’s one political name Americans ain’t gonna vote for no mo’ (at least not for a L-O-N-G time), it’s “Bush”…

Again, do not crying to me when we start losing, election,after, election, election until we start major changes. The California legislature is controlled by Democrats and in Both Houses, Governor and political offices because they have a virtual lock of the Hispanic community here. The Legislature has been controlled by Democrats for at least 35 years. And people why this the most regulated state and people are moving out. We have not a real Governor since Pete Wilson left office. We have a weak Republican party here because they have not neglected to address those issues
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 01:25:43 am by Trigger »

Offline MACVSOG68

We have lost California 3 times because we have refused to address this issue. If the issue is not resolved we will continue losing 54 electorial votes

Well, I'm not sure California will be in the mix again during my lifetime, but a lot of other states with Hispanic populations will.  I agree with you not only about the issue of immigration reform, but the ability of a Jeb Bush to address it.  And I also believe that after eight years of Obama, the name of Bush isn't going to sound nearly so bad as it did a few years ago.  But sheesh, we haven't even gotten through Tuesday yet, and as Cyber said earlier, there's a lot of potential candidates out there.   :0001:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

SPQR

Trigger wrote above:

Heh.

http://www.scpr.org/blogs/multiamerican/2013/03/19/12985/central-americans-are-fastest-growing-latino-group/
http://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/mexican-immigrants-united-states
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 01:36:53 am by Trigger »

SPQR

Well, I'm not sure California will be in the mix again during my lifetime, but a lot of other states with Hispanic populations will.  I agree with you not only about the issue of immigration reform, but the ability of a Jeb Bush to address it.  And I also believe that after eight years of Obama, the name of Bush isn't going to sound nearly so bad as it did a few years ago.  But sheesh, we haven't even gotten through Tuesday yet, and as Cyber said earlier, there's a lot of potential candidates out there.   :0001:

The 2020 census is coming up and it will bear out what I am saying. There has already been a shift in the Southwest
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 01:34:38 am by Trigger »

Online Lando Lincoln

This debate can begin on Wednesday.  For me, by then I am hoping for Senate control on the horizon.  Governor Scott Walker re-elected,  Bruce Rauner as Governor-elect.  And a whole bunch of other good news. 

I don't have the desire to debate Cruz/Bush now.  Frankly, it amounts to a pinch of rabbit crap at this point.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline musiclady

This debate can begin on Wednesday.  For me, by then I am hoping for Senate control on the horizon.  Governor Scott Walker re-elected,  Bruce Rauner as Governor-elect.  And a whole bunch of other good news. 

I don't have the desire to debate Cruz/Bush now.  Frankly, it amounts to a pinch of rabbit crap at this point.

Amen!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

:word:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

SPQR

We should be reaching out  to Hispanics and one thing is speaking their language and embracing their culture if you going to California back. Thou hast forgotten your history. Their closest tie was FDR's wife Eleanor who was also the niece of President Theodore Roosevelt. Uncle Teddy was president of the United States in 1905 and even walked his brother Elliot's daughter down the aisle. (And yes, that means the president and first lady were fifth cousins once removed.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._presidential_relatives

There has plenty of political dynasties here in the USA. You may want to read the attachment.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Think of the GOP presidential candidate you like the least.  That is who the primary voters will pick. Whoever it is will be better than a rat.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Think of the GOP presidential candidate you like the least.  That is who the primary voters will pick. Whoever it is will be better than a rat.
And, if 2008 and 2012 are any indication, will still lose.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline evadR

Right now I'm wrapped up in 2014.
2016 will come soon enough.
I say Rick Perry and until I hear something better, or until he steps on his crank, he's it.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline R4 TrumPence

Ignorami in SC who vote for Graham?  You want to back track that one?

Yeah what Mac said!

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Right now I'm wrapped up in 2014.
2016 will come soon enough.
I say Rick Perry and until I hear something better, or until he steps on his crank, he's it.

I like Perry, but I am very unhappy with his selection of a front team to look at 2016.  McCain retreads led by Steve Schmidt.  I'm hopeful Scott Walker pulls out a win on Tuesday.  I have a preference for Governors, never liked candidates from the Senate.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline andy58-in-nh

:amen:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Cyber wrote above:
[[ I'm hopeful Scott Walker pulls out a win on Tuesday. ]]

If Walker wins -- and wins decisively -- he becomes the best pick for 2016.

What other nominee will bring to the contest the ability to win two gubernatorial elections PLUS a recall election in a state as "bluish" as Wisconsin?

What other Republican ANYWHERE has presided over the [conservative] economic and political turnaround that Walker has achieved in Wisconsin?

What other Republican has been "put to the test" with the personal attacks that Walker endured to achieve his agenda?

Compared to him, the "rest of the field" are nothing more than lightweights -- even guys like Perry.

Walker has "walked the walk", and he's "walked it tall"...

Oceander

:thumbsup: