Author Topic: MENU FOR OBAMAS: NO BUTTER!  (Read 2648 times)

SPQR

Re: MENU FOR OBAMAS: NO BUTTER!
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2014, 03:16:49 am »

As someone who has family members who is part of the Church of the LDS, I couldn't take it much longer...

I love every minute at the LDS church. Its not for everyone. It is tailored for conservative Christians. They may be your doctor,lawyer, or teacher by 2080 there will be a projected 250,000,000 LDS members worldwide.

http://www.charismanews.com/us/34365-mormon-church-set-to-become-worlds-largest
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 09:58:16 am by Trigger »

SPQR

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2014, 04:06:41 am »
I love every minute at the LDS church. Its not for everyone. It is tailored for conservative Christians. They may be your doctor,lawyer, or teacher by 2080 there will be a projected 250,000,0000 LDS members worldwide.

My personal attorney is a member of my Church.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2014, 11:23:58 am »
I love every minute at the LDS church. Its not for everyone. It is tailored for conservative Christians. They may be your doctor,lawyer, or teacher by 2080 there will be a projected 250,000,000 LDS members worldwide.

http://www.charismanews.com/us/34365-mormon-church-set-to-become-worlds-largest

I wouldn't make any predictions about the number of followers of any, save one, in 2080.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2014, 11:41:50 am »
“We’re going to cook our asses off"

So....you're cooking with fat?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2014, 12:09:20 pm »
Back on topic ... does anyone believe for a moment that Moochelle eats any of this supposedly healthy crap she and her chef gurus have tried to force down the collective American gullet? We know they eat messy ribs, burgers, fries, sweets and agreat deal of alcohol. Hypocrisy has such great toned arms!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2014, 12:38:29 pm »
Back on topic ... does anyone believe for a moment that Moochelle eats any of this supposedly healthy crap she and her chef gurus have tried to force down the collective American gullet? We know they eat messy ribs, burgers, fries, sweets and agreat deal of alcohol. Hypocrisy has such great toned arms!

You're right....they are big-time hypocrites when it comes to their diets.

However, big posteriors come with the territory with some DNA lines of the female African ancestry.  There's nothing she can do about that.

Even if she spends as much time in the gym on her lower body as she obviously does with her upper...she still will be pear-shaped.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2014, 12:49:40 pm »
I was a member and monthly donor there from March of 1998. Worked side by side with Jim on many a project and broke bread with him many times.  I considered him a friend and he gave every indication that the considered me one as well.

He knew that I was LDS for most of that time and it was never an issue but someone got to him in the run up to the last presidential election and the bigotry started. I begged Jim to stop it but he refused and came after me himself where upon I asked him to ban me but he refused to do that as well!  As far as I know my account there is still open but I go there only rarely (to look for articles that haven't been posted here yet) and never post at all.

In short, that whole episode broke my heart and my spirit for a time but, as I said earlier, I'm over it now!

Other than the fact I'm not LDS, that's pretty much my story.  My date was April, 1998.  The account is certainly still still there, but I don't have anything to say anymore.  I lurk for articles, and I sign in once a week or so to see if any of my old friends are trying to get hold of me....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2014, 12:58:49 pm »
You're right....they are big-time hypocrites when it comes to their diets.

However, big posteriors come with the territory with some DNA lines of the female African ancestry.  There's nothing she can do about that.

Even if she spends as much time in the gym on her lower body as she obviously does with her upper...she still will be pear-shaped.

Then she - of all people - should be more enlightened and tolerant towards the overweight.  It's not always what you're eating - some people I know that are skinny as a rail eat everything in sight!  I know other people (myself) that struggle with their weight and try very hard to watch what we eat. 

Anyway, the obesity problem is more a factor of inactivity than calories consumed.  THAT'S where she should be putting all of her efforts.  Children today are too inactive and part of that is the fault of the schools.  When we were kids we ate plenty, but we played it off.

She is a hypocrite that is ugly on the inside and out.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2014, 01:36:29 pm »
Then she - of all people - should be more enlightened and tolerant towards the overweight.  It's not always what you're eating - some people I know that are skinny as a rail eat everything in sight!  I know other people (myself) that struggle with their weight and try very hard to watch what we eat. 

Anyway, the obesity problem is more a factor of inactivity than calories consumed.  THAT'S where she should be putting all of her efforts.  Children today are too inactive and part of that is the fault of the schools.  When we were kids we ate plenty, but we played it off.

She is a hypocrite that is ugly on the inside and out.

Excellent point. Pres. Kennedy approached the problem of school children's general fitness and health by promoting sports and exercise during gym class and setting basic standards. Of course, the chairman's wife in the White House prefers a more draconian, intrusive, and controlling approach. Don't you just love communists!

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2014, 01:52:33 pm »
Excellent point. Pres. Kennedy approached the problem of school children's general fitness and health by promoting sports and exercise during gym class and setting basic standards. Of course, the chairman's wife in the White House prefers a more draconian, intrusive, and controlling approach. Don't you just love communists!

:thumbsup:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2014, 02:18:49 pm »
:thumbsup2:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 02:19:28 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

SPQR

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2014, 08:34:36 pm »
I wouldn't make any predictions about the number of followers of any, save one, in 2080.

You may want to read this

http://www.cbn.com/spirituallife/churchandministry/evangelism/mormons_are_fastest_growing_religion.aspx

« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2014, 08:58:29 pm »
You may want to read this

http://www.cbn.com/spirituallife/churchandministry/evangelism/mormons_are_fastest_growing_religion.aspx

Unless they started working with knives and recreational explosives, I'm not betting on it.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2014, 10:18:31 pm »
This is not the place for proselytizing. Could we try not to hijack this poor ol' thread?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2014, 10:50:21 pm »
This is not the place for proselytizing. Could we try not to hijack this poor ol' thread?
'Twas my fault, actually.   I started it.  8888crybaby
I will NOT comply.

SPQR

« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2014, 11:48:00 pm »
Unless they started working with knives and recreational explosives, I'm not betting on it.

Ignoring the facts right? This from CBN news which is a news organization by Pat Robertson.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2014, 12:14:37 am »

No.. The left never practices what they preach...
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Carling

« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2014, 12:33:46 am »
If you're not using butter, you're using some sort of oil, eggs, or even lard, to cook the grits on the menu.  Otherwise, they aren't grits, and you're still getting way too much cholesterol, as well as fat, making it that way. 

Like everything else Obama, the butter-free menu is a fraud, since you have to substitute something with fat to make the grits taste like grits.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 12:37:33 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline aligncare

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2014, 12:52:55 am »
Butter is good for you. It's natural. We have used butter through 10,000 years of evolution and have evolved well honed pathways for lipid metabolism. Don't let folks scare you off butter. It's invaluable in the kitchen.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2014, 12:54:14 am »
Butter is good for you. It's natural. We have used butter through 10,000 years of evolution and have evolved well honed pathways for lipid metabolism. Don't let folks scare you off butter. It's invaluable in the kitchen.

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Carling

« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2014, 01:08:59 am »

I do most of the cooking in our house, because my wife travels for work, and after years of using oil-based spreads, we went back to butter 4 years ago.  Cholesterol levels are in the 120 range, blood pressure is normal, and our kids are on the skinny side, because they're so active.  If Michelle Obama is really insisting on no butter, then she has no business trying to force her thoughts on what kids should eat on our kids. 

My kids eat "cold" lunch every day, so these rules don't really matter to us, even though "cold" lunch can mean my homemade clam chowder, or pasta and marinara from scratch, or whatever.  They have microwaves available at their school, and they get carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and other fresh veggies in which they dip in a small dollop of ranch dressing!  Shame on me!
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2014, 01:29:20 am »
Ignoring the facts right? This from CBN news which is a news organization by Pat Robertson.

Not ignoring the facts.  Just believe the islamic "evangelization" model will probably overtake any others unless there is a strategy to stop it.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2014, 01:29:30 am »
I do most of the cooking in our house, because my wife travels for work, and after years of using oil-based spreads, we went back to butter 4 years ago.  Cholesterol levels are in the 120 range, blood pressure is normal, and our kids are on the skinny side, because they're so active.  If Michelle Obama is really insisting on no butter, then she has no business trying to force her thoughts on what kids should eat on our kids. 

My kids eat "cold" lunch every day, so these rules don't really matter to us, even though "cold" lunch can mean my homemade clam chowder, or pasta and marinara from scratch, or whatever.  They have microwaves available at their school, and they get carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and other fresh veggies in which they dip in a small dollop of ranch dressing!  Shame on me!

Margarines and these "healthy" oil-based spreads are made in refinery-like plants - there is nothing "natural" about them.  A lot of these so-called healthy oils like canola oil are shown to retain the highest levels of pesticides  - I believe they're genetically modified as well.  Anytime you see a food touting that it's "low-fat", they have substituted the oil for sugar - how is that healthier?   

Kudos to you Carling for being a caring Dad that makes sure your family eats good healthy food!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2014, 01:59:44 am »
Margarines and these "healthy" oil-based spreads are made in refinery-like plants - there is nothing "natural" about them.  A lot of these so-called healthy oils like canola oil are shown to retain the highest levels of pesticides  - I believe they're genetically modified as well.  Anytime you see a food touting that it's "low-fat", they have substituted the oil for sugar - how is that healthier?   

Kudos to you Carling for being a caring Dad that makes sure your family eats good healthy food!

My bride (46 years now) won't allow that stuff in the house and never has!  Butter has been a staple for thousands of years and likely will be for thousands more IF we last that long!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2014, 02:09:53 am »
My bride (46 years now) won't allow that stuff in the house and never has!  Butter has been a staple for thousands of years and likely will be for thousands more IF we last that long!

I'm the same way Bigun.  Remember when they told us to eat eggs only once a week?  Eggs are one of the most nutritious foods on earth! 

I don't listen to any of that nonsense - except when they tell me chocolate is good for you - DUH!