Author Topic: Reid sidesteps questions about future  (Read 315 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Reid sidesteps questions about future
« on: September 16, 2014, 10:11:31 pm »
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/217903-reid-sidesteps-questions-about-future

Reid sidesteps questions about future

By Alexander Bolton - 09/16/14 03:57 PM EDT

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) on Tuesday declined to speculate about his own future as Democratic leader if Republicans take over the chamber after the elections.

If Democrats hang on to their majority, Reid will run again for reelection as leader, a race he will win hands down, say Senate sources.

But if Republicans pick up at least six seats and elect Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) as majority leader, Reid is not promising he would return as Democratic leader.

“I’m not doing any hypotheticals if we lose, because I don’t think we are,” he told reporters.

Reid expressed confidence Democratic candidates would fend off Republicans.

“If the election were today, we would be just fine. The election is not today, it’s 48 days away,” he said.

“I just think any talk about Republicans taking control of the Senate is really premature and not based in fact,” he added.

He pointed to media reports that political groups funded by Charles and David Koch have decided to stop spending money against Democratic candidates in Colorado, Michigan and Oregon.

“We have much better candidates than they have, and that’s showing in virtually every state,” he said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34