Author Topic: Ted Cruz Booed Off Stage At Middle East Christian Conference [VIDEO]  (Read 3174 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/10/ted-cruz-booed-off-stage-at-middle-east-christian-conference-video/

Ted Cruz Booed Off Stage At Middle East Christian Conference [VIDEO]
9:55 PM 09/10/2014

Ted Cruz Booed Off Stage At Middle East Christian Conference [VIDEO]

Posted By Tristyn Bloom On 9:55 PM 09/10/2014 In | No Comments

Sen. Ted Cruz was booed offstage at a conference for Middle Eastern Christians Wednesday night after saying that “Christians have no greater ally than Israel.”

Cruz, the keynote speaker at the sold-out D.C. dinner gala for the recently-founded non-profit In Defense of Christians, began by saying that “tonight, we are all united in defense of Christians. Tonight, we are all united in defense of Jews. Tonight, we are all united in defense of people of good faith, who are standing together against those who would persecute and murder those who dare disagree with their religious teachings.”

Cruz was not reading from a teleprompter, nor did he appear to be reading from notes.

“Religious bigotry is a cancer with many manifestations,” he continued. “ISIS, al-Qaida, Hezbollah, Hamas, state sponsors like Syria and Iran, are all engaged in a vicious genocidal campaign to destroy religious minorities in the Middle East. Sometimes we are told not to loop these groups together, that we have to understand their so called nuances and differences. But we shouldn’t try to parse different manifestations of evil that are on a murderous rampage through the region. Hate is hate, and murder is murder. Our purpose here tonight is to highlight a terrible injustice, a humanitarian crisis.”

“Christians have no greater ally than Israel,” he said, at which point members of the crowd began to yell “stop it” and booed him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOOZ6aPooSk

“Those who hate Israel hate America,” he continued, as the boos and calls for him to leave the stage got louder. “Those who hate Jews hate Christians. If those in this room will not recognize that, then my heart weeps. If you hate the Jewish people you are not reflecting the teachings of Christ. And the very same people who persecute and murder Christians right now, who crucify Christians, who behead children, are the very same people who target Jews for their faith, for the same reason.”

The cries of “stop it, stop it, enough,” and booing continued. “Out, out, leave the stage!” At this point IDC’s president, Toufic Baaklini, came out to the stage to ask for the crowd to listen to Cruz, but Cruz had already had enough.

“If you will not stand with Israel and the Jews,” he said. “Then I will not stand with you. Good night, and God bless.” And with that, he walked off the stage.

Many Christians in the Middle East take issue with Israeli military policy, which has made life for Palestinian Christians in their homeland very difficult, and driven many from their homes. “Israel’s policies have led to demographic pressure that’s made the West Bank and Gaza far more Muslim than in 1948,” explained one Middle East analyst.

IDC’s Executive Director, Andrew Doran, then came out on stage, saying “For the love of God, we’re here to talk about Christians and we’re here to be united.”

Antiochian Orthodox Metropolitan Joseph Zahlawi, who leads the Antiochian Orthodox in North America, soon after led those present in the Lord’s Prayer.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 02:20:14 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: Ted Cruz Booed Off Stage At Middle East Christian Conference [VIDEO]
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 02:39:51 am »
Any Christian who would stand with the Muslims over Israel is suicidal.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 03:18:44 am »
I'm impressed with the way Cruz didn't back down to this crowd.  He handled it well. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Carling

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 03:51:00 am »
Ted Cruz' latest September surprise.  At least he didn't shut down the federal government this time, and only was spouting his inflammatory opinions in front of a far right crowd..   :whistle:
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 03:52:23 am »
Maybe Cruz should have known his audience better. Christians in the region don't reflexively defend Israel, which apparently came as a surprise to Cruz.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 04:14:10 am »
I'm impressed with the way Cruz didn't back down to this crowd.  He handled it well.
I too am impressed with Cruz's response.  "If you will not stand with Israel and the Jews, then I will not stand with you."

Very powerful and decisive.

Unless this turns out to be a staged event (unlikely but not impossible) I may need to give Cruz a second look.  Nothing but praise from me on this. 
You done good Senator. :patriot:

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 04:15:06 am »
Ted Cruz' latest September surprise.  At least he didn't shut down the federal government this time, and only was spouting his inflammatory opinions in front of a far right crowd..   :whistle:

I'm glad to know that Ted Cruz doesn't censor his speech because the audience won't like it.  I don't consider his remarks to be inflammatory at all.  I assume he was an invited speaker - you say he should keep his audience in mind when he speaks - but the knife cuts both ways.  They should have known what he would say when they invited him.  What were they expecting? 

8889whatkitty

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 04:17:57 am »
I too am impressed with Cruz's response.  "If you will not stand with Israel and the Jews, then I will not stand with you."

Very powerful and decisive.

Unless this turns out to be a staged event (unlikely but not impossible) I may need to give Cruz a second look.  Nothing but praise from me on this. 
You done good Senator. :patriot:

Yes.  I admire this in a leader.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 01:11:57 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/09/10/Ted-Cruz--Opposition-to-Israel-Led-to-Me-Leaving-Event
Ted Cruz: Hatred, Bigotry, Opposition to Israel Led to Me Leaving Event
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline evadR

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2014, 02:01:35 pm »
Infiltrators??
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2014, 02:03:44 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/09/10/Ted-Cruz--Opposition-to-Israel-Led-to-Me-Leaving-Event
Ted Cruz: Hatred, Bigotry, Opposition to Israel Led to Me Leaving Event

Ted Cruz tells it like it is and is not conflicted about what the media will say about him.  Refreshing.

Thank you Sen. Cruz!

:amen:   :beer:   :patriot: 

Offline Millee

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2014, 02:09:24 pm »
Ted Cruz tells it like it is and is not conflicted about what the media will say about him.  Refreshing.

Thank you Sen. Cruz!

:amen:   :beer:   :patriot:

He's one of the very few politicians that I like. 

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2014, 02:15:50 pm »
Any Christian who would stand with the Muslims over Israel is suicidal.

If you think that is crazy, just look at how many Jews side with Muslims over Israel. Now that is some real suicidal thinking. And yet, it happens all the time.

We are living in a crazy world where everything is upside down and backwards.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2014, 02:30:59 pm »
He's one of the very few politicians that I like.

Yep.  And you know, if he decides to run for president (which he is criticized for all the time), I believe he will be a formidable candidate.  He's certainly been run through - not only the media gauntlet - but he has also been tempered by the fire in his own party.  Still, he stays true to himself and is a strong voice.

:beer:

Offline Millee

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2014, 02:53:32 pm »
Yep.  And you know, if he decides to run for president (which he is criticized for all the time), I believe he will be a formidable candidate.  He's certainly been run through - not only the media gauntlet - but he has also been tempered by the fire in his own party.  Still, he stays true to himself and is a strong voice.

:beer:

He posted this on his FB page today:

Thirteen years ago, we experienced an attack unlike any other -- an attack carried out by radical Islamic terrorists on American soil that claimed the lives of thousands. Our fortitude was tested, but together we remained strong. On that day, and in the years since, we have showed strength and perseverance as a nation and as a people, and because of the sacrifice of our brave men and women in uniform, we brought the terrorists involved in these horrific attacks to justice.

Today, we reflect and remember all of those who lost their lives on September 11, 2001 -- most, innocent victims, many, who willingly gave their lives to rescue others -- their families, the heroes, and all of those who continue to keep us safe today.

This day also serves as a reminder that we must keep a watchful eye on the enemies of liberty. The fight against those who despise our values and wish for the destruction of our country continues today, as evidenced by the rise of radical Islam and the growing conflicts in the Middle East.

As Americans, we must stand firm and protect the values of freedom and liberty that make our country great.

If only we had a President that believed in American exceptionalism. 

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2014, 03:00:24 pm »
He posted this on his FB page today:

Thirteen years ago, we experienced an attack unlike any other -- an attack carried out by radical Islamic terrorists on American soil that claimed the lives of thousands. Our fortitude was tested, but together we remained strong. On that day, and in the years since, we have showed strength and perseverance as a nation and as a people, and because of the sacrifice of our brave men and women in uniform, we brought the terrorists involved in these horrific attacks to justice.

Today, we reflect and remember all of those who lost their lives on September 11, 2001 -- most, innocent victims, many, who willingly gave their lives to rescue others -- their families, the heroes, and all of those who continue to keep us safe today.

This day also serves as a reminder that we must keep a watchful eye on the enemies of liberty. The fight against those who despise our values and wish for the destruction of our country continues today, as evidenced by the rise of radical Islam and the growing conflicts in the Middle East.

As Americans, we must stand firm and protect the values of freedom and liberty that make our country great.

If only we had a President that believed in American exceptionalism. 

2016 is too far away.  So much more damage will be done, time to strengthen ourselves and pray a lot.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2014, 04:06:53 pm »
I must say this was a smart political move on Cruz's part.  He picked the perfect spot and the perfect issue for his "Sister Soljah" moment.

Being of Arab Christian descent myself I know that that many Christian Arabs are not particularly enamored of Israel.  Being Christian, they continually attempt to live side by side with Muslims.  They would prefer to pay the jizya than to go to war, and that is how they survive.  Israel, on the other hand, survives by fighting Islam.  The Christians get caught in the crossfire time and again.

I personally would not have booed Cruz for these statements but I have a little bit of sympathy for those that did.  I hope those of you who are angry about it will understand that their booing was not an endorsement of Islam but a refusal of blanket support for Israel, which is not the same thing.

I don't think there is any support in the Arab Christian community for the proposition that Israel has no right to exist.  But there is little love lost between Arab Christians and Israelis otherwise, unfortunately.  And Cruz, who had to know this, made very favorable political hay of it for himself.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2014, 04:19:19 pm »
I must say this was a smart political move on Cruz's part.  He picked the perfect spot and the perfect issue for his "Sister Soljah" moment.

Being of Arab Christian descent myself I know that that many Christian Arabs are not particularly enamored of Israel.  Being Christian, they continually attempt to live side by side with Muslims.  They would prefer to pay the jizya than to go to war, and that is how they survive.  Israel, on the other hand, survives by fighting Islam.  The Christians get caught in the crossfire time and again.

I personally would not have booed Cruz for these statements but I have a little bit of sympathy for those that did.  I hope those of you who are angry about it will understand that their booing was not an endorsement of Islam but a refusal of blanket support for Israel, which is not the same thing.

I don't think there is any support in the Arab Christian community for the proposition that Israel has no right to exist.  But there is little love lost between Arab Christians and Israelis otherwise, unfortunately.  And Cruz, who had to know this, made very favorable political hay of it for himself.

Well, if he did what you say, then he is truly brilliant. 

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2014, 04:34:46 pm »
Well, if he did what you say, then he is truly brilliant.

It is brilliant as a stunt to gain financial support from Social Conservatives plus get quite a bit of positive publicity for himself on an issue that makes him out to be a hero.  But it was intentionally divisive, and it seems to me Cruz is gaining quite a reputation as a bomb thrower and a loose cannon.  That will get you noticed, and make you rich, but take you only so far in the GOP.  Can you say Michelle Bachmann?

Ask yourself this: Would Ronald Reagan have done it?

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2014, 04:38:13 pm »
It is brilliant as a stunt to gain financial support from Social Conservatives plus get quite a bit of positive publicity for himself on an issue that makes him out to be a hero.  But it was intentionally divisive, and it seems to me Cruz is gaining quite a reputation as a bomb thrower and a loose cannon.  That will get you noticed, and make you rich, but take you only so far in the GOP.  Can you say Michelle Bachmann?

Ask yourself this: Would Ronald Reagan have done it?

Yeah, I think he would have.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2014, 04:41:34 pm »
Yeah, I think he would have.

He may have.  He wasn't afraid of a good stunt ("I paid for this microphone!") but somehow I think he'd have done it with a bit more class and grace.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2014, 04:46:19 pm »
He may have.  He wasn't afraid of a good stunt ("I paid for this microphone!") but somehow I think he'd have done it with a bit more class and grace.

Probably, but Reagan was...he was REAGAN!  He was the consummate communicator.

Offline Carling

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2014, 08:45:54 pm »
I'm glad to know that Ted Cruz doesn't censor his speech because the audience won't like it.  I don't consider his remarks to be inflammatory at all.  I assume he was an invited speaker - you say he should keep his audience in mind when he speaks - but the knife cuts both ways.  They should have known what he would say when they invited him.  What were they expecting? 

8889whatkitty

I've reconsidered my original thoughts, and have to admit my initial criticism was unwarranted.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 08:46:33 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2014, 09:15:08 pm »
I've reconsidered my original thoughts, and have to admit my initial criticism was unwarranted.

I respect that.   :beer:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2014, 10:32:59 pm »

:thumbsup2: