Author Topic: Hannity: Can ‘Not In Good Conscience Recommend People Serve’ In Military Under Obama  (Read 1696 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
What would you guys say to military service being a mandatory part of becoming a U.S citizen?  You meet all of the current requirements and then to seal the deal you must serve in one of the military branches for a predetermined amount of time.

Talked about that on one of the amnesty threads - kids that were brought here by their parents while young but educated in american schools - serve a hitch with an honorable discharge at the end, or prove their worth by paying their way (say 5 years of tax returns) - give them a shot. You want makers, not takers.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline MACVSOG68

First...not a fan of Sean Hannity.  Not of source of original thought, IMO.

That said, I think you must cut him some slack here.   All he's doing is saying that as Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces, Obama has acted anything but. 

In fact, by his recent decisions...sacking existing/inherited military brass and officers in the field (especially the Middle East and Asia)...and purposefully jockeying to a position where he killed the Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) in Iraq, he essentially pissed on the graves of every American soldier that paid the ultimate price there.   And by extension, he diminished the tens of thousands of our disabled veterans.

IOW....it's plain that you cannot trust Obama.   So...if you love your children, don't let them grow up to be soldiers during an Obama administration.

And I don't like the inferences here that just because you never served in the armed forces, you lose the right to state an opinion on such matters.

Guess that was my inference, but no, you have every right to say (not decide) who should or shouldn't join up, but this is political BS, and the military isn't or shouldn't be part of this purely political debate.  Screw Obama.  But each presidency shouldn't be a platform for determining whether or not to have a military. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Guess that was my inference, but no, you have every right to say (not decide) who should or shouldn't join up, but this is political BS, and the military isn't or shouldn't be part of this purely political debate.  Screw Obama.  But each presidency shouldn't be a platform for determining whether or not to have a military.

On that MAC, we both agree!     :patriot:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 11:28:22 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mountaineer

What would you guys say to military service being a mandatory part of becoming a U.S citizen?  You meet all of the current requirements and then to seal the deal you must serve in one of the military branches for a predetermined amount of time.
My husband's relatives did just that to gain their citizenship nearly 100 years ago. Two served in the U.S. Army and fought in France in WWI.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org