Author Topic: Hannity: Can ‘Not In Good Conscience Recommend People Serve’ In Military Under Obama  (Read 1695 times)

rangerrebew

- The Daily Caller - http://dailycaller.com -

Hannity: Can ‘Not In Good Conscience Recommend People Serve’ In Military Under Obama

Posted By Jamie Weinstein On 11:00 PM 09/04/2014 In | No Comments

During an exchange with retired Army Col. Ralph Peters on his Fox News show Thursday, Sean Hannity said that given President Obama’s handling of foreign policy he couldn’t recommend young people join the military.

“If I’m looking at us giving up all of our gains in Iraq, I don’t know if I can in good conscience recommend that any American sign up for the military under this leadership,” Hannity said, referring to Obama’s failure to negotiate a status of forces agreement with Iraq to leave American soldiers in the Middle Eastern country past 2011.

Some believe America’s complete withdrawal from Iraq in 2011 ultimately led to the re-emergence of al-Qaida in Iraq, the terror group that is now known as the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.

“If they risk their blood and treasure and give up their lives only to give it back a year later?” Hannity continued. “I really could not in good conscience recommend people serve under those circumstances.”

Though a staunch critic of Obama, Peters pushed back on Hannity’s statement.

“Well, I can,” Peters responded. “You got to remember administrations come and go. But by God, the U.S. Army, the Marine Corps, the Navy and now the Air Force — and the Coast Guard — they stand. They’re always here.”

“The military is the one institution we must preserve at all costs because they will see us through the terrible times,” Peters added.

Follow Jamie on Twitter

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/04/hannity-can-not-in-good-conscience-recommend-people-serve-in-military-under-obama/

Offline xfreeper

Can't say that I disagree. Let the 'leaders' in the administration and congress strap on their helmets and vests, pick up their rifles and lead the way.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I've been saying that for years, and you can easily extend that to the police force as well.

Da' Army and da' Poe-lease are the enemy of this administration. And they are treated that way.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline MACVSOG68

Hannity can eat $hit and die as far as I'm concerned.  When's the last time he joined up?
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline musiclady

Hannity can eat $hit and die as far as I'm concerned.  When's the last time he joined up?

Wait a minute there!  Two things.....

One of the reasons the military fights is to maintain for the US citizens our right to free speech.   Hannity, like him or not, has the right to say what he did.  (And free speech is not limited to those who have served).

Second - Hannity has been a staunch supporter of the military in many, many ways.  He has a right to voice his views.

I'm not a great Hannity fan.  In fact, he drives me crazy.  But he most certainly has the right to voice this view........which I happen to agree with.  When our son joined the military at 17 in 2001 (before 9/11), my husband and I both strongly supported his choice to do so.  We would NOT support his choice to do so with a reprobate anti-American military hater like Obama as pseudo CinC.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sinkspur

I agree with him.  And, while we're at it, kids are dumb to sign up for law enforcement too. Most of the sane cops are getting out as fast as they can. The hot-doggers stay in.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline MACVSOG68

One of the reasons the military fights is to maintain for the US citizens our right to free speech.   Hannity, like him or not, has the right to say what he did.  (And free speech is not limited to those who have served).

Second - Hannity has been a staunch supporter of the military in many, many ways.  He has a right to voice his views.

I'm not a great Hannity fan.  In fact, he drives me crazy.  But he most certainly has the right to voice this view........which I happen to agree with.  When our son joined the military at 17 in 2001 (before 9/11), my husband and I both strongly supported his choice to do so.  We would NOT support his choice to do so with a reprobate anti-American military hater like Obama as pseudo CinC.

Yes, Hannity has a right to free speech...and so do I.  When he decides to serve, maybe I'll pay attention to his "advice".  Until then at least I agree with you on one thing...I'm not a Hannity fan either.  For the most part he's just a windbag. 

Offline MACVSOG68

I agree with him.  And, while we're at it, kids are dumb to sign up for law enforcement too. Most of the sane cops are getting out as fast as they can. The hot-doggers stay in.

Sure, I can just imagine how much better off we'd be without either our military or law enforcement... :facepalm2:

Offline sinkspur

Sure, I can just imagine how much better off we'd be without either our military or law enforcement... :facepalm2:

To each his own. I wouldn't recommend anybody serve in the miltary under this charlatan, and police forces today seem to be havens for trigger-happy mental cases.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

I don't know if joining up or not bears any relevance to the question.  I never joined up, but I also think he's full of manure, of the purest sort.  Serving in the military is not about serving a cult of personality surrounding the CinC, it's about serving the country, and that, IMHO, is always something honorable.

Offline MACVSOG68

I don't know if joining up or not bears any relevance to the question.  I never joined up, but I also think he's full of manure, of the purest sort.  Serving in the military is not about serving a cult of personality surrounding the CinC, it's about serving the country, and that, IMHO, is always something honorable.

I believe you stated it much clearer than did I.  I think all Americans, with service or not, have the same right to criticize policy.  And that includes how we utilize our military, and how it's treated.  I may disagree with you, but that's a political discussion. 

During the Bush Administration, the left was constantly attacking not only our military policy, but the military itself.  And the left, just as during the Vietnam War made every attempt to undermine military authority including advising our youth not to consider joining, and to consider deserting and moving to Canada to avoid the draft.  And if I were to buy into Hannity's "recommendation', I would simply be a hypocrite.    And most who know me know that I despise this president and his policies.  And as stupid as I consider it, Hannity also has a right to his opinions...and he can still eat $hit and die! 

But as some tell me, "to each his own".   

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Can't say that I disagree. Let the 'leaders' in the administration and congress strap on their helmets and vests, pick up their rifles and lead the way.

The most revered leaders in history were always the ones that put their own lives in danger to fight alongside their soldiers.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

rangerrebew

My son, now 33, has 10 years in the Navy.  That time is split between being an Enlisted Man and an Officer.  About a year ago, when he was promoted to Lt., I got to meet the Admiral of the command.  He was pressing for my son to re-up and wanted to know from my wife and me whether we thought Daron would.  At the time I thought it would be a good idea, but not now.  As an Enlisted Man he served under Bile Clinton in Aviation Electronics.  He once told me they had great equipment but no replacement parts.  Under Obama, the upper leadership has been castrated.  Democrats, in my opinion, have never gotten over the Civil War and have carried on their hatred for losing slavery to the U.S. Military and have continued to seek out retribution on the military  every chance they get.  This, of course isn't at the conscious level but was started by southern democrats eager to repay the north for the south's defeat.  Since then the hatred has festered and become a major part of the democrat psyche.  If my son has to be in a combat situation I want him to have the best weapons available, not bean bag guns, pea shooters which is what democrats would want for our troops.

He has now resigned his commission and I can truly say I am not disappointed.  We have a  CIC who can't/won't make a decision.  Imagine if the had Truman's decision to make.  Likely as not he would have a nervous breakdown and in the end decide not to use Little Boy and Fat Man thinking his poll numbers would fall because we had an unfair advantage.  We have a Chairman of the Joint Chiefs who is nothing but an Obama Toady who is probably willing to wage a political correct war to the detriment of all those who serve.  The military is suffering and suffering badly under this regime and I have no interest in sacrificing my children for them to become beheading fodder, a target for the enemy without the ability to return fire unless approved, or have to give Maranda Rights to some terrorist, face Court Martial if a prisoner gets a bloody nose and complains, etc., etc.  We don't have a military which operates to defend America but rather to be lackeys for an America hating, muslim, communist dictator wannbe.

Offline musiclady

Yes, Hannity has a right to free speech...and so do I.  When he decides to serve, maybe I'll pay attention to his "advice".  Until then at least I agree with you on one thing...I'm not a Hannity fan either.  For the most part he's just a windbag.

A windbag who has done a heck of a lot to help our troops.

(And no one was arguing against your free speech.  Just defending Hannity's).

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline mountaineer

I suspect he's too old.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
My son, now 33, has 10 years in the Navy.  That time is split between being an Enlisted Man and an Officer.  About a year ago, when he was promoted to Lt., I got to meet the Admiral of the command.  He was pressing for my son to re-up and wanted to know from my wife and me whether we thought Daron would.  At the time I thought it would be a good idea, but not now.  As an Enlisted Man he served under Bile Clinton in Aviation Electronics.  He once told me they had great equipment but no replacement parts.  Under Obama, the upper leadership has been castrated.  Democrats, in my opinion, have never gotten over the Civil War and have carried on their hatred for losing slavery to the U.S. Military and have continued to seek out retribution on the military  every chance they get.  This, of course isn't at the conscious level but was started by southern democrats eager to repay the north for the south's defeat.  Since then the hatred has festered and become a major part of the democrat psyche.  If my son has to be in a combat situation I want him to have the best weapons available, not bean bag guns, pea shooters which is what democrats would want for our troops.

He has now resigned his commission and I can truly say I am not disappointed.  We have a  CIC who can't/won't make a decision.  Imagine if the had Truman's decision to make.  Likely as not he would have a nervous breakdown and in the end decide not to use Little Boy and Fat Man thinking his poll numbers would fall because we had an unfair advantage.  We have a Chairman of the Joint Chiefs who is nothing but an Obama Toady who is probably willing to wage a political correct war to the detriment of all those who serve.  The military is suffering and suffering badly under this regime and I have no interest in sacrificing my children for them to become beheading fodder, a target for the enemy without the ability to return fire unless approved, or have to give Maranda Rights to some terrorist, face Court Martial if a prisoner gets a bloody nose and complains, etc., etc.  We don't have a military which operates to defend America but rather to be lackeys for an America hating, muslim, communist dictator wannbe.

word...my son has almost 14 years in the Army....thanks to Obama he figures he will be back in Iraq to clean up his mess...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline MACVSOG68

My first CinC was Eisenhower (yeah I'm that old,lol).  Since that time, half of America has always felt the military was a political pawn of whomever was in office.  It gets old. 

Offline musiclady

word...my son has almost 14 years in the Army....thanks to Obama he figures he will be back in Iraq to clean up his mess...

And that stinks.

I'm with Hannity on this one. 

We've had bad CinC's before.

But this one is downright dangerous.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
It was John Kerry who famously said, "Who wants to be the last man to die for a lost cause?"  This may as well be OPapaDoc's Army recruiting slogan.

It's worse than that, from what I hear.  Soldiers are required to take "sensitivity training" rather than learning how to kill people.  The entire administrative apparatus has been turned into a liberal full employment program.

Of course, encouraging conservatives not to join will only make it worse.  At times I find it difficult to believe how far down the road of decline we have traveled the past six years.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
rangerrebew wrote above:
[[ ... We don't have a military which operates to defend America but rather to be lackeys for an America hating, muslim, communist dictator wannbe. ]]

Well stated, your entire post!

The American military is being transformed by Obama (and will continue to be so transformed by the democratic presidents that follow him) from a force that defends freedom and the Constitution, into a force that will be utilized by an increasingly authoritarian government to rip that freedom away from us.

Your son did the right thing.
If the time comes (as it may soon) when the American military starts firing upon Americans, both your son and you will have a clean conscience...

Offline MACVSOG68

If the time comes (as it may soon) when the American military starts firing upon Americans, both your son and you will have a clean conscience...

And Hannity can lead the revolution, lol...

Offline NavyCanDo

Can't agree more. I kind of wish someone would have warned me about joining the Navy while Jimmy Carter was in still in office. The moral was horrible and there seemed to be no pride in our mission. Drugs were rampant as well as thieves. It wasn't the Navy my Dad was in - not even close.  When Reagan became our commander and chief it did a 360 and things got a whole lot better.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline olde north church

My first CinC was Eisenhower (yeah I'm that old,lol).  Since that time, half of America has always felt the military was a political pawn of whomever was in office.  It gets old.

Every military has ALWAYS been the political pawn of who has been in power since the beginning of time.  Some regimes have just been better chess players.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline MACVSOG68

Every military has ALWAYS been the political pawn of who has been in power since the beginning of time.  Some regimes have just been better chess players.

It's only been relatively recent times (500 or so years) that the military in many countries became the protectors of the nation itself rather than hired and paid for by whoever was in power.  We are lucky enough to be one of those nations, and its why the military survives political regimes.  But even here the military is an arm of foreign policy, for good or bad.  Our military had good and bad times even under Reagan, lest we forget Beirut.  But anyone who only wants to serve during Republican administrations probably should look for another line of work.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Military retirement is 20 years, minimum.

Every administration since WWII  lasted 8 years or less (Carter), before changing parties; single exception was when GHW Bush's one term followed Reagan's two terms.

So realistically anybody spending time in the military had better not be doing so based on expectation of a party running the show.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln