Author Topic: Dems paint GOP as shutdown party  (Read 2007 times)

Offline Relic

Re: Dems paint GOP as shutdown party
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2014, 02:32:54 am »
A year without that attack? You really don't know when GWB took office or when 9/11 happened? There's probably no point in asking whether you know anything about when Congress is in session or what it takes to begin a new admin. Or what a President can do without Congress.

Get educated - it helps a lot.

You keep baiting.
GWB, elected in November 2000. Sworn in January 2001. Congress goes into session in January 2001, a Republican controlled Congress. IF Republicans had an agenda, it could have been well on it's way by September 2001.

I notice you conveniently ignore the rest of GWB's term, as if 9/11, while major, accounts for his whole tenure. We won't mention an unfunded expansion of Medicare, (part D).

And you ignored the contract on America.

Now, my mistake is conversing with someone dug in, and selective. While you repeatedly try to find new ways to tell me I'm stupid, I'll respond by saying I'm at least as informed as most Americans. And as a far right Tea Partier, or maybe I'm right leaning, depends on which of you GOPe types are attacking me, I'll tell the GOPe to get stuffed.

Offline speekinout

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2014, 02:56:02 am »
You keep baiting.
GWB, elected in November 2000. Sworn in January 2001. Congress goes into session in January 2001, a Republican controlled Congress. IF Republicans had an agenda, it could have been well on it's way by September 2001.

I notice you conveniently ignore the rest of GWB's term, as if 9/11, while major, accounts for his whole tenure. We won't mention an unfunded expansion of Medicare, (part D).

Now, my mistake is conversing with someone dug in, and selective. While you repeatedly try to find new ways to tell me I'm stupid, I'll respond by saying I'm at least as informed as most Americans. And as a far right Tea Partier, or maybe I'm right leaning, depends on which of you GOPe types are attacking me, I'll tell the GOPe to get stuffed.

Onceler gave you some good information. Did you read that?
And the Contract with America was in 1994, during the Clinton admin. It had nothing to do with Bush.

I never said you were stupid, but I am afraid that many Americans are even less informed than you are. That's scary, indeed. And it's even worse if you don't even know whether you are a Tea Partier or just right leaning. Maybe you're leftist, since you post more from feelings than from knowledge.

Offline Carling

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2014, 03:33:17 am »
Tell you what, I don't care who wins in November. Seriously. I don't care.

If you care, and I'm sure you don't, I'll tell you why. Republicans could win 100 Senate seats, and 435 House seats and little would change. Do Republicans cut spending? No. Would they repeal Obamacare? No. Would they reign in Obama's EO's, some, maybe, but not much.

I lean right, but am not a hardcore. The GOPe types see this, and immediately flame me as a Tea Party whacko. Fine. Try to win without me.

Great.  You're a quitter.  No need to post here anymore for you, right?
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Carling

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2014, 03:38:00 am »

Whose contract on America?  Or, did you mean Newt's Contract with America in 1994, when Clinton was president.  Be gone, troll.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2014, 12:14:56 pm »

Relic recognizing an internal problem that plagues both parties does not make him a quitter. I'm pretty disappointed by the amount of hostility towards him for his point of view. A lot of what he's saying does have merit, and I feel that that is why so many are quick to jump down his throat. I also believe that the parties have been polarized, and that neither are fighting for the good of the people.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Relic

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2014, 01:26:31 pm »

I won't tell you what to do, and you don't tell me. Because if you're interested, I have a suggestion.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2014, 01:43:50 pm »

I think a good 70% of the time Relic and I don't agree. It's fine, we're both adults about it, got a gentleman's agreement not to hassle each other in threads we know we are going to disagree on.

Might want to try that. Wisdom can come from the strangest places. Type out a full refutation - then erase it without sending.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink