Author Topic: When Schools aloud guns - Those were the days Flashback.  (Read 1650 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

When Schools aloud guns - Those were the days Flashback.
« on: August 26, 2014, 04:06:28 am »

Looking through my 1977 High school Yearbook, I find the page devoted to our Rifle Club. The students in the club posed on school property with their rifles. We didn't worry about school shootings, at all.   We had common sense - excepts for selecting shooting jackets. I wouldn't be caught dead on the range in one of these jackets.

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: When Schools aloud guns - Those were the days Flashback.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 04:08:03 am »
And, no I wasn't in the club. I thought I was too cool for clubs. Silly decisions of youth.

I think the only weapon that did show up on campus for evil purposes was an occasional switchblade, and the cake cutters kept in Afros.   
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 04:11:37 am by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 04:25:33 am »
they could shoot but could they spell?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 04:40:30 am by xfreeper »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 04:32:02 am »
It was the same at my school in the 70s - we thought nothing of students learning how to use guns - and I don't think I had ever heard of any kid shooting up a school!  It was unthinkable. 

Back then, I had a gripe with my geometry teacher (long story) - and I remember spending the hours in the back corner of the class that he put me in - fantasizing about getting back at him!  I was going to sneak into his classroom after hours and fill one of the drawers of his desk with cigarette butts that I would collect on the campus of the school!   :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Of course, I never did that - but it never ever even entered my mind to get hold of a gun and use it at school!!!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

SPQR

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 08:28:49 am »
Looking through my 1977 High school Yearbook, I find the page devoted to our Rifle Club. The students in the club posed on school property with their rifles. We didn't worry about school shootings, at all.   We had common sense - excepts for selecting shooting jackets. I wouldn't be caught dead on the range in one of these jackets.

I was in the Civil Air Patrol from 1990-1993. And part of our training was in the use of a rifle