Author Topic: Rand Paul: Dems Scared I Will Run Left of 'Hawk' Hillary  (Read 1098 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rand Paul: Dems Scared I Will Run Left of 'Hawk' Hillary
« on: August 24, 2014, 09:36:06 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/08/24/Rand-Paul-Dems-Scared-I-Will-Run-Left-Of-Hawk-Hillary

on Breitbart TV 24 Aug 2014, 12:04 PM PDT

Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press," Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) said in the 2016 Presidential election he would be able to attract independents and "even some Democrats" voters nervous about entering into a new Middle East war with a "gung-ho" President Hillary Clinton.

Paul said “I think the American public is coming more and more to where I am and that those people, like Hillary Clinton, who—she fought her own war, 'Hillary’s war,' you know?"

"And I think that’s what scares the Democrats the most: Is that in a general election, were I to run, there’s going to be a lot of independents and even some Democrats who say, ‘You know what? We are tired of war. We’re worried that Hillary Clinton will get us involved in another Middle Eastern war because she’s so gung-ho," he added.

“If you want to see a transformational election in our country, let the Democrats put forward a war hawk like Hillary Clinton, and you’ll see a transformation like you’ve never seen," the Kentucky junior senator concluded.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: Rand Paul: Dems Scared I Will Run Left of 'Hawk' Hillary
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 09:44:19 pm »
Just like his daddy, Rand would rather us be attacked than dare use the military to protect the nation.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 09:45:47 pm »
Under Paul the GOP could go back to GOP of the 1930s' isolationism, while our enemies arms more strongly, take more territory?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 10:03:23 pm »
Under Paul the GOP could go back to GOP of the 1930s' isolationism, while our enemies arms more strongly, take more territory?

As opposed to what?  The endless wars and quagmires in which we continue to switch from one side to the other so that we can continue to sell weapons and employ security resources?

If we had a clear enemy, I think I'd agree with you.  But we don't.  Over the last 10 years we have created a client state for Iran and then imposed sanctions on Iran.  We have funded a terrorist organization to take out Assad and now that terrorist group is supposed to be our enemy.  We have funded the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt.  Now we fund a military dictatorship.  We helped terrorists take control of Libya.  We give foreign aid to Hamas and the Palestinians.

You think isolationism would be worse than what has transpired in the Middle East for the last 50 years?

Without us, maybe Muslims will kill Muslims and we won't be in the crossfire.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 12:47:36 am »
As opposed to what?  The endless wars and quagmires in which we continue to switch from one side to the other so that we can continue to sell weapons and employ security resources?

If we had a clear enemy, I think I'd agree with you.  But we don't.  Over the last 10 years we have created a client state for Iran and then imposed sanctions on Iran.  We have funded a terrorist organization to take out Assad and now that terrorist group is supposed to be our enemy.  We have funded the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt.  Now we fund a military dictatorship.  We helped terrorists take control of Libya.  We give foreign aid to Hamas and the Palestinians.

You think isolationism would be worse than what has transpired in the Middle East for the last 50 years?

Absolutely nailed it.

:beer:
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 12:59:03 am »

It is our job the determine clearly who the enemy is, and isn't, and engage them.

Failures to do so is an abdication of high officials' responsibilities.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 01:14:19 am »
It is our job the determine clearly who the enemy is, and isn't, and engage them.

Failures to do so is an abdication of high officials' responsibilities.

It was GWB who created an Iranian client state gratis to the Iranians.  The folly predates OPapaDoc.  Maybe you can tell me who our enemy is in the ME?  Can you at least tell me who our friends are? 

Other than Israel, I have no idea, and with OPapaDoc in charge I am not sure whether Israel will become an enemy.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 02:41:25 am »
Just like his daddy, Rand would rather us be attacked than dare use the military to protect the nation.

Apple, tree, gravity. Forget apple. Make that 'nut'.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 02:50:40 am »
Why is it every republican with good potential has to end up having some fatal case of nutsos?  Paul has a great ability at getting a hold of constituencies that ought to be allied with republicans but aren't right now, and that is something the GOP desperately needs, but the countervailing cost - a 1930s style isolationism - is too high a price to pay.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 02:55:44 am »
Paul would be no better in the Middle East than Obama. He's just like his daddy in that respect, which is a real shame.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2014, 02:56:09 am »
Paul would be no better in the Middle East than Obama. He's just like his daddy in that respect, which is a real shame.

yes it is.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2014, 03:21:30 am »

We have a clear enemy.

Oil dependency.

If we stop buying their oil, they have nothing.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx