Author Topic: Marijuana compound may offer treatment for Alzheimer’s Disease  (Read 906 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Marijuana compound may offer treatment for Alzheimer’s Disease
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 03:02:20 pm »
Wow!  This is great news and I hope just the beginning of the positive things marijuana can do. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 03:27:51 pm »
Wow!  This is great news and I hope just the beginning of the positive things marijuana can do.

Had the absolute sweetest thing when I got home.

We have a drug den/brothel/illegal bar just down the road. It's that sort of neighborhood. Had a knock on the door and a couple guys handed over a dozen joints when I opened it. It don't half help you sleep!
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 03:40:30 pm »

We have a drug den/brothel/illegal bar just down the road. It's that sort of neighborhood. Had a knock on the door and a couple guys handed over a dozen joints when I opened it. It don't half help you sleep!

Our business was located in such a neighborhood.  Once we all got to know each other, we had each other's backs - and as a community, we were all in it together.  And so you get to know who the good guys are, and who the bad guys are - you must be one of the good guys!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 03:51:24 pm »

Does "clean and sober" in the UK, allow for the "odd joint?"

Over here it does not, unless medically prescribed. I see a time soon when a small minority inside AA will be senior citizens, 20+ years sober, on medical marijuana for physical pain, or other medical applications.

That will make for some interesting meetings. Now the the majority position is no drinks and no drugs period. That is my position now, as well.

But who knows, if in the future the medical case for specific applications will prevail?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 06:06:42 pm »
Does "clean and sober" in the UK, allow for the "odd joint?"

Over here it does not, unless medically prescribed. I see a time soon when a small minority inside AA will be senior citizens, 20+ years sober, on medical marijuana for physical pain, or other medical applications.

That will make for some interesting meetings. Now the the majority position is no drinks and no drugs period. That is my position now, as well.

But who knows, if in the future the medical case for specific applications will prevail?

It does and it doesn't. I had to ask my mentor - he's been dry as long as you, a least. He asked me - "Is it a crutch? Can you stop now and never have another?" The honest answer is Yes. I can go decades without a toke. He said, it's OK then, just watch yourself.

I'd rather have a joint maybe once a month or so than a sleeping pill though. Had one heck of a rough week last week and am having  hard time sleeping through. These wind me down enough that the nightmares are more black and white than technicolor.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 06:28:54 pm »
Now grandpa can remember where he hid the Doritos.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn