Author Topic: Chief: Officer in fatal shooting sustained facial injuries  (Read 354 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chief: Officer in fatal shooting sustained facial injuries
« on: August 13, 2014, 11:57:49 pm »
http://www.kmov.com/special-coverage-001/Chief-Officer-in-fatal-shooting-suffered-facial-injuries-271079471.html

KMOV.com
Posted on August 13, 2014 at 9:33 AM
Updated today at 4:04 PM

FERGUSON, Mo. -- The officer who shot and killed an unarmed teenager in Ferguson, Missouri was injured in the alleged altercation, according to Ferguson Chief of Police Tom Jackson.

Jackson, who spoke on the phone with News 4's Laura Hettiger Wednesday morning, said the officer "was hit" and the "side of his face was swollen."  The chief did not say if the officer suffered any broken bones.

In an interview after the shooting, police said 18-year-old Michael Brown was walking with a friend in the middle of Canfield when an officer attempted to exit his vehicle. Police said Brown pushed the officer back into the police car. According to police, Brown then entered the officer’s vehicle and a struggle ensued over the officer’s weapon.  Police said during the physical altercation a shot was fired inside of the car.

Witnesses to the shooting, however, told a different story. A friend of Brown's told News 4 Saturday they were walking on the street when the officer approached them.  He said they had their arms up when police opened fire.

The officer, who was placed on paid administrative leave following the shooting, has not been identified by authorities.  Police said Tuesday an officer who was falsely identified on social media received threats.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline speekinout

Re: Chief: Officer in fatal shooting sustained facial injuries
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 12:26:44 am »
Witnesses to the shooting, however, told a different story. A friend of Brown's told News 4 Saturday they were walking on the street when the officer approached them.  He said they had their arms up when police opened fire.

I've read this before. But were there any witnesses who weren't friends of Brown? Somehow, I don't think I'm ready to take the story of the kid who was with Brown as an unbiased source….   :shrug:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 12:44:05 am »
I've read this before. But were there any witnesses who weren't friends of Brown? Somehow, I don't think I'm ready to take the story of the kid who was with Brown as an unbiased source….   :shrug:

Nor should you.  But, if there was a struggle for the gun, the struggle was over when the kid was 35 feet from the police car.  Why was he shot then?  And then shot, over and over again, that far away?

The cops are not letting out details because this looks bad for the cop.  Serious efforts are underway to put together a story that the public will buy, i.e., I shot him from 35 feet away because he was a big boy and still a threat.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline speekinout

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 01:44:21 am »
Nor should you.  But, if there was a struggle for the gun, the struggle was over when the kid was 35 feet from the police car.  Why was he shot then?  And then shot, over and over again, that far away?

The cops are not letting out details because this looks bad for the cop.  Serious efforts are underway to put together a story that the public will buy, i.e., I shot him from 35 feet away because he was a big boy and still a threat.

I'm not even ready to believe that he was shot 35 feet away from the car. It's not unheard of for wounded people to be able to move some distance before collapsing. And reports also say that the officer had swelling on his face, so he might indeed have been been attacked in some way.

But it does look bad for the cop. Shooting multiple times when the kid wasn't armed?

Were there witnesses other than the kid who was with Brown? If not, I don't think we'll ever know what really happened. If the cop was really that wrong, he deserves a trial and probably jail sentence. But given that it's a racial incident of the worst kind, he's today's Zimmerman. Guilty. No trial necessary.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 02:27:11 am »
You're all making great points.  But....all the 'cop' wants to do is to get home safely. 

They have been conditioned to view the public as a potential threat. 

When they tell you to do something, and you not only don't comply, but you touch the officer...you're starting a chain of events you're going to regret.

I'm basing this on the current storyline of course.

If the real story line is that he was asking him/her to stop firing and he/she basically executed him, then 'Houston, we have a problem".
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald