Author Topic: GOP eyes ObamaCare votes if Senate flips  (Read 584 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP eyes ObamaCare votes if Senate flips
« on: August 11, 2014, 04:24:36 pm »
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/214825-report-gop-will-vote-to-repeal-obamacare-again

GOP eyes ObamaCare votes if Senate flips

By Elise Viebeck - 08/11/14 11:09 AM EDT

Republicans plan to hold a series of votes on repealing ObamaCare if they win control of the Senate in November, according to a report.

The votes would set the tone for a new, GOP-led Congress and create a showdown with President Obama, who would almost certainly veto any legislation rolling back parts of the healthcare law.

“If we won, I think you would see a vote for repeal, and I would vote to repeal the whole thing," Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), an expected GOP presidential candidate, told The New York Times.

"I have a feeling he won't sign that," Paul said of Obama. "Then you start trying to see what he will sign."

The Senate will change hands if Republicans score a net gain of six seats in the election — a goal that is difficult, but doable, given the number of incumbent Democrats who are vulnerable this year.

Republicans would also be expected to send legislation to Obama repealing the law's tax on medical devices and changing the law's definition of full-time work to 40 hours per week.

In all, House Republicans have voted more than 50 times since 2010 to repeal, dismantle or defund ObamaCare.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34