Author Topic: RNC Chair Reince Priebus: 'I Don't Know' What GOP Should Do if Obama Enacts Executive Amnesty  (Read 539 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/08/08/RNC-Chair-Priebus-I-Don-t-Know-What-GOP-Should-Do-if-Obama-Enacts-Exec-Amnesty

by Tony Lee 9 Aug 2014

RNC Chairman Reince Priebus has no idea what Republicans should do if President Barack Obama grants temporary amnesty and work permits to millions of illegal immigrants via executive action.

In an interview with Real Clear Politics for their "Changing Lanes" series, Priebus was asked this week in Chicago what happens if Obama moves ahead with his executive orders by the end of summer.

"I don't know. ... These are all hypotheticals," he answered. "I've got enough to worry about on a daily basis let alone worrying about what could happen down the line."

He noted that the Supreme Court has struck down Obama on his expansive use of executive orders and mentioned that the current border crisis has made everyone, regardless of where they stand on the issue, realize that America needs secure borders. And he said recent events along the border have made the issue "more complicated" with a lot of "twists and turns."

Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin has said Obama should be impeached because of his lawlessness on illegal immigration because it impacts American workers, including legal immigrants, from all races and backgrounds. Multiple polls show that a majority of Republicans believe an Obama impeachment would be justified.

Lawmakers in Congress have tried to take proactive steps to prevent Obama from enacting executive amnesty. Before the August recess, House Republicans passed border bills that would prohibit Obama from using federal funds to enact more temporary amnesty. Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) killed the Senate's border bill with a budget point of order and has demanded that every senator stand against Obama's executive lawlessness and the granting of work permits--in contravention of federal law--to millions of illegal immigrants. A majority of Americans do not approve of Obama's handling of illegal immigration and want illegal immigrant juveniles, nearly 90% of whom are teenagers, sent back to their countries of origin.

Priebus has been a strong proponent of comprehensive amnesty legislation, which the RNC's "Growth and Opportunity" embraced, and has begged to differ when others have been pessimistic about immigration reform legislation ultimately passing.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Somebody should remind the left that the countries they want to emulate so much (mostly the Scandinavian countries) have extremely tight borders and a very difficult citizenship process. Giving all those goodies to your citizens isn't going to work if crossing the border qualifies you for citizenship.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates