Author Topic: Study Finds That Men Like Nice Women, But Not the Other Way Around  (Read 1112 times)

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Couldn’t think of anywhere better to put this, but feel free to move it if needed.

I made the mistake of watching Fox News when I was home for lunch.  They were discussing this study that proves women just want bad, abusive men, and men who treat women with respect are just sh*t out of luck.

You have to read the entire article, but the basic jest is that women do not want “nice men” because we are perceived at best as being inferior and worst, some kind of nutcase.

http://www.newsweek.com/study-finds-men-nice-women-not-other-way-around-261269?piano_d=1

Scientifically, nice (heterosexual) guys might actually finish last. A study published in Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin recently found that while men were attracted to nice-seeming women upon meeting them, women did not feel the same way about men. Researchers from the University of Rochester, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and the Interdisciplinary Center (IDC) Herzliya in Israel investigated a possible mechanism explaining why women and men differ in their sexual reactions with receptive opposite-sex strangers.
One hundred and twelve undergraduate students volunteered for the study at a university in central Israel. The volunteer pool was split evenly between men and women, and participants were paired randomly with an opposite-sex individual they hadn’t met before. The study examined burgeoning sexual interest and the participants’ feelings on the possibility of long-term dating with their new “partners,” and how those connected to their perceptions of a personality trait the study calls “responsiveness.”
In the study, responsiveness is defined as a characteristic “that may signal to potential partners that one understands, values and supports important aspects of their self-concept and is willing to invest resources in the relationship.”  A limitation of this definition, the authors state, is that the concept of “responsiveness” is ultimately elusive—it can mean different things to different people. Nevertheless, the researchers felt they could use their definition to help get at some of the different ways men and women perceive potential partners.
http://video.foxnews.com/v/3712335704001/do-nice-guys-really-finish-last/#sp=show-clips

And the video from their discussion about how all they want are “bad boys” and that good men are nothing but wimps, wusses, boring, and my new favorite, sociopaths.

And my family wonders why I am still single and beat me over the head about it every damn day because they want grandchildren.  Sorry, but I do not believe in abusing women.  If God was merciful, a meteor would fall on my house tonight.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Study Finds That Men Like Nice Women, But Not the Other Way Around
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 01:10:54 am »
Well, I can't speak for all women - but I looked for - and married a nice man.  And he's been nice for forty years now!   :beer:   
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 01:20:00 am »
Well, I can't speak for all women - but I looked for - and married a nice man.  And he's been nice for forty years now!   :beer:   

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 01:25:33 am »
"On one issue, at least, men and women agree: They both distrust women."  H.L. Mencken

:whistle:

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 03:30:52 am »
"On one issue, at least, men and women agree: They both distrust women."  H.L. Mencken

:whistle:

Women live longer than men, because they don't live with women.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee