Author Topic: BREAKING: Judge Orders DOJ to Release Fast and Furious Documents Withheld From Congress Under Obama Executive Privilege Claim Katie Pavlich  (Read 2563 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2014/07/31/judge-orders-doj-to-release-documents-withheld-from-congress-under-obama-executive-privilege-claim-n1873165/print

BREAKING: Judge Orders DOJ to Release Fast and Furious Documents Withheld From Congress Under Obama Executive Privilege Claim

7/31/2014 4:20:00 PM - Katie Pavlich

Thanks to a Freedom of Information Act Lawsuit pursued against the Department of Justice by government watchdog Judicial Watch, the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia has ruled documents being withheld from Congress under President Obama's claim of executive privilege must be turned over. Obama made the claim on the same day Attorney General Eric Holder was voted in criminal and civil contempt of Congress in June 2012.

"This order forces the Obama DOJ, for the first time, to provide a detailed listing of all documents that it has withheld from Congress and the American people for years about the deadly Fast and Furious gun running scandal," Judicial Watch released in a statement.

The FOIA lawsuit has been ongoing for 16-months and is now proceeding after a lengthy delay. The Justice Department originally asked the court for an indefinite hold on a FOIA request from Judicial Watch, citing executive privilege and an ongoing investigation. That indefinite hold request was shot down more than a year ago.

The documentation DOJ is required to now turn over is a "Vaughn index" of "all requested Fast and Furious materials from a June 2012 Judicial Watch FOIA request."

A Vaughn index must: (1) identify each document withheld; (2) state the statutory exemption claimed; and (3) explain how disclosure would damage the interests protected by the claimed exemption." In ordering the DOJ to provide Judicial Watch the Vaughn index, the Court ruled, “In this circuit, when an agency is withholding documents under exemption claims, courts require that the agency provide a Vaughn index so that the FOIA requester – at a distinct informational disadvantage – may test the agency’s claims.”

“Once again, Judicial Watch has beat Congress to the punch in getting key information about another Obama scandal – this time, the Fast and Furious outrage,” Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said in a statement. “A federal court has ordered the Obama administration to produce information that could, for the first time, provide specific details who in the administration is responsible for Fast and Furious lies to Congress and the American people. This is a battle that put Eric Holder in contempt of Congress, saw Nixonian assertions of executive privilege by Barack Obama, and a hapless Congress in face of all this lawlessness. Finally, we may get some accountability for Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry and the countless others murdered as a result of the insanely reckless Obama administration program.”

This is a huge step forward.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It is indeed a HUGE step forward!

The wheels of justice grind very slowly at times but they DO grind!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

We're planning to donate to Judicial Watch soon.

Without them, this vile and corrupt Obama administration would literally be getting away with murder.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

rangerrebew

We're planning to donate to Judicial Watch soon.

Without them, this vile and corrupt Obama administration would literally be getting away with murder.

They are.  Its called Benghazi.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

Offline musiclady

They are.  Its called Benghazi.

I was referring to the murders with the weapons used in F&F.  It looks like they might finally come to justice about those deaths.

And, Lord willing, Benghazi and the deaths at the border will follow.

This is a murderous bunch....

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
This is a murderous bunch....

Nope. They are something far worse. They simply do not care.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

rangerrebew

I was referring to the murders with the weapons used in F&F.  It looks like they might finally come to justice about those deaths.

Those documents will go the way of the IRS shredder.  They will never be released.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Those documents will go the way of the IRS shredder.  They will never be released.

Courts and Congress can 'declare' anything they want. Obama and his crew are obviously above the Law. They have proved that dozens of times.

They flaunt sobpoenas openly, and when or if they show up, they sneer at Congress as if they are annoyed for having to miss 'Live with Kelly and Michael for this nonsense.

Of course they will destroy evidence. They have no fear of any authority. In their minds, they are the ultimate authority. Who are these rabble to annoy me?

Until someone goes to jail, they will laugh at Law and Courts and Congress. They just don't care. And, so far, they are right. Not only do they not go to jail for blatant acts of criminality, but more than that, they don't even get fired. It is laughable. They are right.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline musiclady

I'm afraid you're right.

I was just hoping that sometime actual justice will be done.......

rangerrebew

I'm afraid you're right.

I was just hoping that sometime actual justice will be done.......

You will probably have to follow events in Russia or China to see that happen. :whistle: