Author Topic: VIDEO: Trey Gowdy Lights Up Obama IRS Commish: ‘Words Have Consequences, Mr. Koskinen!’  (Read 949 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.tpnn.com/2014/07/23/gowdy-lights-up-obama-irs-commish-words-have-consequences-mr-koskinen/

VIDEO: Trey Gowdy Lights Up Obama IRS Commish: ‘Words Have Consequences, Mr. Koskinen!’

July 23, 2014 By Jennifer Burke

After spending years colluding with the IRS in their targeted attack of the Tea Party and months blocking and obfuscating the congressional investigation, Democrat Rep. Elijah Cummings called for an end to what he referred to as the “public harassment” of IRS Commissioner John Koskinen. Cummings objected to Koskinen being made to appear once again before the House Oversight committee to answer questions regarding Lois Lerner’s hard drive. The IRS claimed that it crashed and was destroyed. However, as TPNN reported yesterday, Lerner’s hard drive was merely ‘scratched’ and the data was recoverable.

Watching Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC), who is also the chair of the Select Committee to investigate Benghazi, it’s obvious why Cummings wanted to play protector instead of investigator, as his role on the House Oversight Committee requires.
Gowdy begins his questioning with a simple question. He said, “I’m going to read a quote for you from June 2014 and I want you to tell me if you know who said it. Okay? We confirmed the back up tapes from 2011 no longer existed because they had been recycled pursuant to the IRS normal policy.”

He then asked, “Do you know who said that?”

Koskinen responded, “Sounds like me.”

Gowdy continued with his line of questioning and the failure of the IRS itself to fully investigate the alleged crashing of Lerner’s hard drive, as well as the decision by the government to destroy it with the claim that any data on it was unrecoverable.

Focusing on the word ‘confirmed,’ Gowdy stressed to Koskinen, a major Democrat and Obama donor, that confirmed is a very strong word that should not be used lightly.

In past appearances before the committee, Koskinen has been very condescending and dismissive. Though he attempted these tactics with Gowdy, they did not work.

Trey Gowdy, a former prosecutor, is known to be a masterful interrogator. As he interacted with Koskinen, telling him to watch his words because they have consequences, the Left must be shaking in their boots at the thought of other Obama officials sitting before the House Select Committee on Benghazi subject to Gowdy’s questioning.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 09:26:10 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

That last statement from Gowdy was a zinger:  Gowdy states that the IG does not have power to do criminal investigations, that they can only refer to another organization; Koskinen says no, the IG does have criminal power; Gowdy reiterates that they do not; Koskinen says that he's been told that IG does; Gowdy finishes up by saying that IG does not and that Koskinen should make sure he's not getting this advice from the same people who confirmed to him that the backup tapes had been destroyed (which now is apparently not true).

To be fair to Koskinen, I can see the point of an agency not running a separate investigation during an on-going IG investigation; however, Gowdy's point seemed to be that just as an agency wouldn't continue to overlook discrimination taking place because the IG was investigating - the agency would move to stop the discriminatory conduct, such as by putting the alleged discriminator on administrative leave - the IRS should be tracking down the drives and the tapes and figuring out where they went to - that doesn't require investigation so much as fact-finding, which is different.

Offline flowers

I  just love Trey!!!