Author Topic: Border war heats up: Border Patrol dodges .50-caliber slugs from Mexican thugs  (Read 1515 times)

Offline mrclose

And the leftists continue to claim that the border is not a problem!

(snip)

A Mexican smuggling cartel flexed its muscles on an overburdened U.S. Border Patrol group Friday night, firing .50-caliber machine gun bullets at them from the south side of the beleaguered border.

The incident occurred in the Rincon Peninsula area of the Rio Grande about 8:30 p.m., Texas Rep. Louie Gohmert told Fox News.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2014/07/20/border-war-heats-up-border-patrol-dodges-50-caliber-slugs-from-mexican-thugs-133025
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
A pair of A-10 Warthogs would cure that problem once and for all.

I dare 'em to shoot at one....

:smokin:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
.50 caliber machine guns?

I know it's Hollywood, but the only time I saw that 'demonstrated' was in the movie 'Rambo'...the one where Stallone rescues the missionaries in Southeast Asia.

Question:   Does Governor Perry have the authority to return fire, now that he's activated his National Guard?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
DCPatriot wrote above:
[[ Question:   Does Governor Perry have the authority to return fire, now that he's activated his National Guard? ]]

Your question will be answered the next time the bandidos start firing...

I would hope that the governor has "the right stuff" when that moment arrives...

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
DCPatriot wrote above:
[[ Question:   Does Governor Perry have the authority to return fire, now that he's activated his National Guard? ]]

Your question will be answered the next time the bandidos start firing...

I would hope that the governor has "the right stuff" when that moment arrives...

I do too. It'd totally sink any chances of another Presidential bid, but I think Gov. Perry puts nation before ambition.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline briskirn

Couple of thoughts on this. I try not to be too conspiratorial, but even with eye witnesses of the gunfire, no news organizations are picking up the story. This border issue, to me, is being spun so hard... Every major news outlet tries to make it about innocent children. I spent some time today reading every quote by Perry about why he chose deployment. He said the kids are thinning resources, but has only stated cartel violence and a need for border control as motivation for deploying the national guard. Why isn't violence on the border the focus of media coverage of border control? This whole thing just stinks to me.

Perry was quoted from last month as believing the government to be "in on it." I've long been wondering if our government is involved in human trafficking under the guise of being the good guys.

Very interested in how this turns out. And nice cajones there, Perry.