Author Topic: New emergency alert system will give Obama the power to flip a switch and address the entire nation at once  (Read 747 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2693145/Big-Brother-talking-New-emergency-alert-Obama-power-flip-switch-airwaves.html

New emergency alert system will give Obama the power to flip a switch and address the entire nation at once

White House wants to be able to instantly talk to the entire country in the event of a terror attack of major natural disaster
    Current 'Emergency Alert System' relies on each radio or TV station to forward emergency messages to the next broadcaster in a chain
    The Obama administration instead wants the power to flip a switch and override the entire EAS network, speaking instantly on every public broadcast at once
    'Big Brother is talking to you,' warned a senior Republican congressional staffer. 'This is just begging to be abused'
    Hackers gained access to an EAS signal in Montana last year, broadcasting a phony alert about a zombie apocalypse

By David Martosko, U.s. Political Editor

Published: 10:56 EST, 15 July 2014 | Updated: 13:15 EST, 15 July 2014

The Obama administration quietly announced on Tuesday that it intends to change the way Americans learn about natural disasters and other major emergencies during radio and TV broadcasts, giving the president the ability to flip a switch and address the entire nation at once.

The Emergency Alert System, the latest version of a program first established in 1951, blasts out  emergency messages in the event of local weather emergencies, but can also be used to warn Americans about terror attacks and major natural disasters.

Every broadcaster in the country is required to participate in the EAS. Messages travel along a closed, private network, piggybacking from station to station. It can take up to 10 minutes for every radio, TV, cable and satellite provider to blare its alert.

continued...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

rangerrebew

Emergency alert?  How about stopping all programming to deliver some propaganda? :bullie smokin:

Online mountaineer

One of the innumerable Hitler documentaries running on the Military Channel (or American Heroes Channel, it's now called) shows scenes of a happy German festival in 1938 or 1939 - people dancing, eating, riding carnival rides, watching animal acts -  that is interrupted when der Fuhrer's voice comes over the loudspeakers, railing about something or other. The happy mood sinks like a lead balloon and the party's over.

So yeah, it will be something like that.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline andy58-in-nh

If I ever see that, the locks will come off, and quickly.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline raml

I never listen to this man I use my remote. But emergency alert means I will have to turn the tv off instead of changing the station. He may love his voice but I can't stand it or him.

rangerrebew

I would rather smell elephant farts than listen to Obama.

Offline GourmetDan

Emergency alert?  How about stopping all programming to deliver some propaganda?

There's a reason they call it 'programming'...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
I would rather smell elephant farts than listen to Obama.

Due to their diet, elephant dung (and probably farts) do not have a very offensive odor.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Millee

I never listen to this man I use my remote. But emergency alert means I will have to turn the tv off instead of changing the station. He may love his voice but I can't stand it or him.

Ditto.  I can't change the channel quickly enough whenever he starts spewing his lies.