Author Topic: BREAKING: Israel Launches Major Offensive, Striking More Than 50 Targets Overnight  (Read 924 times)

rangerrebew

BREAKING: Israel Launches Major Offensive, Striking More Than 50 Targets Overnight

IDF Releases Video Of Overnight Strikes

7.8.2014 |

Israel Revolt

| Caleb Howe |

Israel launched a number of new strikes against Hamas early Tuesday, hitting over 50 targets including what are reported to be "militant houses and military compounds." Israel Defense Forces (IDF) tweeted early in the morning hours EDT confirming the missile strikes as part of "Operation Protective Edge."

The targets included five homes of Hamas militants. Hamas' Al-Aqsa radio reported that residents were warned before any of the houses were hit. A spokesman has put the number of injured so far at fourteen. The action comes in response to over 80 missile launches into Israel from Gaza in the last 24 hours.

IDF spokesman Lt. Col. Peter Lerner told press the potential for ground forces is real, and "several hundred" reservists have already been called up. "Protective Edge" was announced by the IDF at the end of June, saying:

“Since the beginning of the year, Gaza terrorists have fired more than 450 rockets towards Israeli citizens. The attacks have sent thousands running into bomb shelters, threatening millions of Israeli lives. In order to restore quiet to the region and stop Hamas terrorism, the IDF has commenced Operation Protective Edge.

Early this morning Lt. Col. Lerner spoke extensively with CNN International about the operation and the overall situation in Israel.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/israel-revolt/breaking-israel-launches-major-offensive-striking-more-50-targets-overnight
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 10:35:27 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Wow.  Lieberman ending his party's ruling alliance with Netanyahu's party sure got BiBi's attention. 

48 hours ago BiBi was promising a "calm hand".  Now, with Likud having only a one seat majority in the Knesset, Bibi's told the IDF to "take off the gloves".

This mess will never end.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Hamas has been begging and provoking, goading and teasing Israel to attack them for years. Looks like they finally got their wish.

Israel has to look out for the ambush.

There is nothing good about this at all. Now we can finally say that the entire M.E. is at war. And that is just how the Muslims want it and like it.

So predicable years ago that this would happen. Once Obama outed himself as a pro-Islam half Muslim, it is predictable that the Muslims everywhere would start doing everything they have wanted to do for years, but were restrained by Western influence.

Bibi is right. The gloves are off, by everyone everywhere. 
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Bibi is right. The gloves are off, by everyone everywhere.

This has been building for years.  Looking at this with detached objectivity, there's no way this ends well for Israel.  Maybe not the actual battles...Israel will win those, they've got the power fire.  But the end result will be a further isolated Israel with much of the world wanting to find ways to punish her. 

It's that occupation thing.  It should've been solved decades ago.

I wish Israel had had the faith to take into the State of Israel the land won in battle; formalize the state's new borders and give full citizenship to those living in the lands won. 

This was a laughable idea but it is now taking clearer shape as the "one state solution".  Might be the only workable solution.  Too bad it's probably too late.

Israel appears to be out of good, workable geopolitical ideas--the kind that win world support. 

This is a damn shame.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
"It's that occupation thing.  It should've been solved decades ago."

I was in downtown Tel Aviv years ago and we drove past a mosque that was being renovated. The driver was telling me how the government was helping to build/rebuild mosques for the Arabs there. My head almost exploded because I knew how Muslims are, and I knew this would become a fort for them in the middle of the city. I said to the driver, "This is a waste of time."

Many Israelies are very Liberal, like most American Jews are. They did not see things that way. They really truely believed that if they were 'nice' to the Arabs, that they could make them 'like' them and that they could then team up together. They did not see the situation as I did. We see this same mentality in Europe today.

The only solution for a stable Israel would have been to drive all the Arabs out of the borders, then seal everything off. But like you said the time has past for this to happen. Now, they have constructed a big mess, and I do not know what the solution is today.

It is obvious that the Arabs are only interested in perpetual war, and perpetual violence, and there is, and never will be , a way to make 'peace' with them. They don't want it.

And believe me, even if there were no Jews in Israel and it was 100% Arabs, they would still be living in a hellhole, perpetually at war with each other and their neighbors. That is just how they are. Just listen to them. They say this themselves openly and proudly.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

The only solution for a stable Israel would have been to drive all the Arabs out of the borders, then seal everything off. But like you said the time has past for this to happen. Now, they have constructed a big mess, and I do not know what the solution is today.

The problem as I see it is:  which borders?  Those of the current sovereign state of Israel (pre-1967, if you will) or those including the Gaza strip and West Bank/East Jerusalem?

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
The problem as I see it is:  which borders?  Those of the current sovereign state of Israel (pre-1967, if you will) or those including the Gaza strip and West Bank/East Jerusalem?

Just to be clear, when you refer to "the West Bank", you are actually referring to the West Bank of the Jordan River, which is actually part of the Country of Jordan, which in reality makes those so-called "Palestinians" "Displaced Jordanian Nationals".

This is one of the reasons the King of Jordan is not likely to be sleeping soundly these nights.....

:smokin:

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
67 borders are not defensible. People always throw around the word "occupied" when discussing Israel. But the Arabs were never occupied, they were defeated in battle. They lost the war, that they started BTW. They were 'conquered', not occupied.

Every piece of land on Earth has changed hands a dozen times by war. That is what war usually does. There is nothing special or different about what Israel did than any nation has not done many times in history. I do not see the difference.

Is Mexico "occupied" by Spain? Spanish people are not indigenous to that land.

Furthermore thare is now and never has been a Palestine State or a Palestine people. It is a made up fiction. Those Arabs are a rag tag group of Arabs from many different nations. They are not indigenous. Arafat himself was Egyptian.

They came there and were allowed to settle when Israel was booming. Now they have become violent and want to overthrow it. And this universal "Liberal mentality" in America and Europe has supported them all the way. Even Liberals in Israel were supporting so called, "Palestinian Rights" in the beginning, before they turned into rabid, murderous, fanatics.

Today, even the most Liberal Israelies are starting to see the light. There is no dealing with them because they don't want it. There goal is to take down the State any nothing short of that will do.

And as I said before, even if they do it, they will turn it back into the craphole it used to be, then they will just start killing each other and everyone else. When you are dealing with a group of people who's stated ultimate goal is martyrdom in any way possible, then how do you deal them?

Whether they are killing Jews or other Muslims or Infidels, it does not matter to them. That is their culture. That is just how they are. I do not know how this entire Islam issue is going to end. I don't see and end to it.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 12:27:33 am by 240B »

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Just to be clear, when you refer to "the West Bank", you are actually referring to the West Bank of the Jordan River, which is actually part of the Country of Jordan, which in reality makes those so-called "Palestinians" "Displaced Jordanian Nationals".

This is one of the reasons the King of Jordan is not likely to be sleeping soundly these nights.....

:smokin:

That is an important point. Most of the people calling themselves the made up name of Palestinian were origionally Jordanians before the war. After the war the origional border of Israel was the Jordan river. But, as I said, origionallly Israel did not mind letting the Jordanians stay. In fact, they liked them and wanted them there. That was the origional sin.

But who knew the whole world was going to blow up as it has? Who knew. This is the result of civilized people dealing with murderous savages. Normal rules do not apply. That is what confuses the West. You expect people to behave in their own self interests. But these people do not. How do you deal with cultish fanatics who only want destruction and death? You cannot.

Yes, I'm referring to the territory that was part of the Ottoman Empire until 1917, then the British Mandate of Palestine, then annexed by Jordan, then captured by Israel, then relinquished by Jordan, and under Israeli military control for 47 years.

It's Israel's turn to completely annex this territory into the State of Israel or cut it loose.  Where it would go is anyone's guess at this point.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Yes, I'm referring to the territory that was part of the Ottoman Empire until 1917, then the British Mandate of Palestine, then annexed by Jordan, then captured by Israel, then relinquished by Jordan, and under Israeli military control for 47 years.

It's Israel's turn to completely annex this territory into the State of Israel or cut it loose.  Where it would go is anyone's guess at this point.

Israel could have annexed it after Jordan dropped out. But, today that could never happen. The Arabs there have become much too radicalized and fanatic. As I have said, they are not rational. If they joined with Israel their life situation would be improved 100 times. But that is not what they want. With them, at this point, it is all or nothing. They want the destruction of the State or nothing.

Also, the openly anti-Israel U.N. and other international groups, including Obama, Kerry, and Hillary, would put up massive resistance to any thought of Israel annexing anything. They may have been able to do it in the 70's or even the 80's, but today everything is much too extreme.

Also, they should have told Carter to go screw himself. They gave up so much and got absolutely nothing in return. Things only got ten times worse.

Now, it is a mess, and I do not know what the solution is.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 02:13:28 am by 240B »

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??

I wonder if that is not exactly where they are headed, especially with the withdrawal of US support.  Jordan and Israel have mounting problems with Arabs of all descriptions, and at some point it all comes unglued unless someone takes charge.

What worries me is if one of these madmen gets their hands on a nuclear weapon.  I'm pretty sure they cannot smuggle a nuke into Israel undetected....it is too easy to monitor for any trace radiation, and all nukes leak something.  But in these areas that are torn up with ongoing civil war it is impossible to monitor for anything, and anything goes.

This could all go to hell so quick it would be mostly over before we even found out about it.....

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The nuclear thing is a huge issue for everyone not just Israel. Since these guys have already proven they have no problem killing themselves or their Muslim neighbors as long as they are doing jihad against the infidels, or whatever, there is no way to predict what they may do.

Add to that Obama has given the green light to Iran to develop nukes and to dominate the whole region, and you have a real problem.

When Obama pulled out of the M.E. the whole thing exploded. And it is getting worse by the week. So much for Obama's Liberal policy that American weakness with fill the world with rainbows and unicorns. Just the opposite is happening just like every rational person has been telling him for years.

But, American voters are so detached from reality, they would likely vote for him again. They do not know the difference between success and failure.

I wonder if that is not exactly where they are headed, especially with the withdrawal of US support.  Jordan and Israel have mounting problems with Arabs of all descriptions, and at some point it all comes unglued unless someone takes charge.

What worries me is if one of these madmen gets their hands on a nuclear weapon.  I'm pretty sure they cannot smuggle a nuke into Israel undetected....it is too easy to monitor for any trace radiation, and all nukes leak something.  But in these areas that are torn up with ongoing civil war it is impossible to monitor for anything, and anything goes.

This could all go to hell so quick it would be mostly over before we even found out about it.....

It does feel like the whole of the Middle East is coming apart at the seams.   Chemical weapons concern me even more than nukes.  They're apparently everywhere in the Mid East.

As for your point about someone taking charge .... who?  No one in the Mid East is able to.  We appear to be out of it.  The EU?  Russia?

What a damn mess.