Author Topic: Immigration crisis: Tuberculosis spreading at camps  (Read 491 times)

Offline flowers

Immigration crisis: Tuberculosis spreading at camps
« on: July 07, 2014, 04:53:42 pm »
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/07/07/immigration-crisis-tuberculosis-spreading-at-camps/

Are the thousands of illegal immigrant kids housed in detention facilities happy and well fed -- or are they living in disease-infested compounds shrouded in secrecy?

Well, it depends on who you ask.

The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) seems to think the children coming across the southern border are remarkably healthy. It's a sentiment shared by BCFS -- the Texas-based agency formerly known as Baptist Child & Family Services contracted to run camps at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio and Fort Sill in Oklahoma.

My source said there are children showing classic tuberculosis symptoms -- spitting up blood, a constant cough and chest pain.

More than 7,000 children have been processed through the two camps, according to a BCFS official. They allege that only 119 children have been treated for lice, 22 for scabies, and one for the H1N1 Flu. BCFS says the most common illnesses seen at Lackland are fever, headache, upper respiratory cold and ingrown toenails.

However, at least a half dozen anonymous sources, including nurses and health care providers who worked at Lackland, allege that the government is covering up what they believe to be a very serious health threat.

Several of my sources tell me that tuberculosis has become a dangerous issue at both the border and the camps.

"The amount of tuberculosis is astonishing," one health care provider told me. "The nurses are telling us the kids are really sick. The tuberculosis is definitely there."

Texas Department of State Health Services Commissioner David Lakey, M.D. says state health officials have seen only three cases of tuberculosis, the Associated Press reports. One of my sources with close ties to the Texas HHS tells me all three cases were reported in Austin.

Offline flowers

Re: Immigration crisis: Tuberculosis spreading at camps
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 04:55:35 pm »
Of course they have sickness. Why would Central America or any other country want to send their healthy  people  out of country? 

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 05:36:27 pm »
Of course they have sickness. Why would Central America or any other country want to send their healthy  people  out of country?

yep...let's hope nobody has been screwing South American monkeys and is carrying a new version of ebola or one of the other hemorrhagic fever viruses.  Get something like that going and it would spread like wildfire.

Gotta wonder who is running the Center for Disease Control these days.  Where the hell are they, what are they doing, and what have they got to say about all of this??!!

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 05:39:40 pm »

Gotta wonder who is running the Center for Disease Control these days.  Where the hell are they, what are they doing, and what have they got to say about all of this??!!
Very good question.   

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 03:06:25 am »
Chieftan asks above:
[[ Gotta wonder who is running the Center for Disease Control these days.  Where the hell are they, what are they doing, and what have they got to say about all of this??!! ]]

They are a government agency, and like EVERY other agency of this government (no matter how large or small) have been told to SHUT UP and dance to the party line.

I wouldn't be surprised if employees of CDC have been threatened with discipline or worse if they "speak out" .... that is, speak the truth....

A Fishrrman prediction:
Watch for reports about exactly this within the coming weeks...

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 03:09:53 am »
A lot of Americans are going to die because of this, which is exactly what the left wants.  Reducing the population of the evil United States is seen as a good thing.

If a few 10s of millions die along the way, well they weren't worthy anyway.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 04:16:47 am »
A lot of Americans are going to die because of this, which is exactly what the left wants.  Reducing the population of the evil United States is seen as a good thing.

If a few 10s of millions die along the way, well they weren't worthy anyway.

The left hasn't thought it through, if that is the case. Who are the ones more likely to die?

The young, the poor and the poorly fed. Nearly all leftist supporters.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink