Author Topic: Obama: Hillary's money flap will fade  (Read 481 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama: Hillary's money flap will fade
« on: June 29, 2014, 07:30:47 pm »
http://thehill.com/policy/finance/210913-obama-hillarys-money-flap-will-fade

Obama: Hillary's money flap will fade

By Bernie Becker - 06/29/14 11:03 AM EDT

President Obama said on Sunday that he didn’t think the flap over Hillary Clinton’s wealth and speaking fees would be an issue for very long.

“I think that Hillary has been to this rodeo a bunch of times,” Obama said on ABC’s “This Week.”

Clinton, long rumored to be running for president in 2016, has prompted criticism for saying that she and former President Clinton were "dead broke" when he left office, and for appearance fees like the $225,000 she’s set to receive from a Nevada university.

“As soon as you jump back into the spotlight in a more explicitly political way, you’re going to be flyspecked like this,” Obama said. “She’s accustomed to it. Over time, I don’t think it’s going to make a big difference.”

But conservative commentator Bill Kristol, also appearing on “This Week,” said Obama’s answer did Clinton no favors – especially the part about her having been to this rodeo a fair amount.

“Is that who Democrats want to nominate in  2016?” Kristol asked. “Don’t they want someone with new ideas, a fresh vision for the country?”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

rangerrebew

Re: Obama: Hillary's money flap will fade
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 07:51:07 pm »
He may say it, but I am sure he doesn't mean it.  Hillary's flap is a good distraction from all the doodoo he is in at the moment.