Author Topic: Publishing Source: Hillary Book a 'Bomb'  (Read 626 times)

Offline kevindavis007

Publishing Source: Hillary Book a 'Bomb'
« on: June 17, 2014, 02:40:51 am »
In an email this evening, a veteran publishing source calls the latest Hillary Clinton book, Hard Choices, a memoir of her State Department years, a "bomb." The source is referring to the early but underwhelming sales figures.

]"Between us, they are nervous at S&S [Simon & Schuster]," says the source, who gave permission for his email to be published. "Sales were well below expectations and the media was a disaster."According to this source, a Simon & Schuster insider, "They sold 60,000 hard covers first week and 24,000 ebooks."

The publishing house was "hoping and praying for 150,000 print first week.""The 60k represents a less than 10% sell thru based on what they shipped," says the source. It's been reported that one million copies of Clinton's book were shipped weeks before the June 10 publication date.

"They will be lucky to sell 150,000 total lifetime," the source writes in the email.Hillary reportedly received a near-$14 million advance, a sum the publishing house will unlikely make back."It's a bomb but it will be interesting to see how they spin it."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/publishing-source-hillary-book-bomb_795079.html
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 02:42:57 am by kevindavis »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Publishing Source: Hillary Book a 'Bomb'
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 02:41:37 am »
If true, here is my response:

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

SPQR

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 03:07:48 am »
Watch it in the Bargin Book department at Walmart in a couple of weeks or the company buys all the books back and claim its a number one seller.

Offline evadR

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 04:30:36 am »
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 12:06:05 am »
I'm betting it was never intended to released for people to read as much as a way to subsidize something.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 12:35:32 am »
I'm betting it was never intended to released for people to read as much as a way to subsidize something.

yup.  it'll be bought by the boxload by people who want to give her money.  none of those copies will ever be opened, much less read; most likely they'll be delivered straight from the publisher/printer to the recycling center.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 12:37:20 am »

AH! The old  Jim Wright scam!

You are probably right as rain!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 01:14:47 am »
I just checked and you can get a new copy on Amazon for fifteen bucks, a little over thirteen for a used copy....

I'd say this is the equivalent of a direct to DVD SciFi Channel movie release......

:smokin: