Author Topic: Michelle Obama: I Couldn't Feed My Kids Right–Even with a Harvard Degree  (Read 1455 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/06/16/Michelle-Obama-I-Couldn-t-Feed-My-Kids-Right-Even-With-A-Harvard-Degree

by Charlie Spiering 16 Jun 2014, 2:23 PM PDT

In an interview with MSN.com, First Lady Michelle Obama explained she used to struggle to feed her kids right—even though she received an education from Harvard and Princeton.

“Before coming to the White House, I struggled, as a working parent with a traveling, busy husband, to figure out how to feed my kids healthy, and I didn’t get it right,” she explained, sharing a story about her children’s doctor who pulled her aside to talk about her family diet.

“I thought to myself, if a Princeton and Harvard-educated professional woman doesn’t know how to adequately feed her kids, then what are other parents going through who don’t have access to the information I have?” she recalled.

Her personal struggle helped her launch her mission to address childhood obesity, she explains, especially passing a law requiring schools to provide healthier meals for kids.

The First Lady recommended that schools make decisions for children because their parents struggle to feed their children well.

“It’s so important for our schools to make the hard calls for our kids, because parents are struggling enough at home,” she said, pointing out that schools would simply feed children sweet cereal, chocolate milk, donuts, burgers, and fries.

Obama added that parents and school administrators needed to stop worrying about what their kids want to eat and encourage them to act like adults.

“It is our job as adults to make sure that our kids eat what they need, not what they want,” she said. “I struggle with that in my own life, and I tell you, if I let my kids dictate what we have for dinner every day, it would be French fries, chips, and candy, but we don’t run our households like that, and we can’t run our schools like that.”

Instead of rolling back the national school mandates, the First Lady explained that schools just needed more help making healthy food taste better.

“What we need to do is lend a hand to the schools that are struggling, not roll back the standards and say, 'Oh, well. The kids don’t like it so let them eat cake,'” she insisted. “We can’t afford to do that."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
In other words, she's an idiot.  It is not that hard to feed your kids healthy food.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline musiclady

In other words, she's an idiot.  It is not that hard to feed your kids healthy food.

It's quite possible that, in addition to being an idiot, she is just a bald faced liar.

There are a million resources available if you want to feed kids healthy food.

And you don't need a nanny state to do it, either.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It's quite possible that, in addition to being an idiot, she is just a bald faced liar.

There are a million resources available if you want to feed kids healthy food.

And you don't need a nanny state to do it, either.

Both of the above get's my vote.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 03:19:57 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
Both of the above get's my vote.

Mine too.
Geez....politicians these days.......................
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Online mountaineer

“Before coming to the White House, I struggled, as a working parent with a traveling, busy husband, to figure out how to feed my kids healthy, and I didn’t get it right,” she explained, sharing a story about her children’s doctor who pulled her aside to talk about her family diet.
I'm confused. Who is she describing? Neither one of them ever actually worked for a living.

“I thought to myself, if a Princeton and Harvard-educated professional woman doesn’t know how to adequately feed her kids, then what are other parents going through who don’t have access to the information I have?” she recalled.
Well, they aren't going through any such struggle because, unlike La Familia Obama, they aren't morons. Most other parents have enough common sense to know what to feed their children. How about your mother, Mooch? What did she feed you? Why didn't you ask her for advice?
Her personal struggle helped her launch her mission to address childhood obesity, she explains, especially passing a law requiring schools to provide healthier meals for kids.
Of course, the first response of every good statist is even more government control of peoples' lives.

The First Lady recommended that schools make decisions for children because their parents struggle to feed their children well. “It’s so important for our schools to make the hard calls for our kids, because parents are struggling enough at home,” she said, pointing out that schools would simply feed children sweet cereal, chocolate milk, donuts, burgers, and fries.
What a crock. Schools for decades have had nutritionists who tried to come up with balanced menus that still would appeal to children. Please, oh great Mooch, give us the name of the school district that feeds its children nothing but donuts and Sugar Smacks. Liar. So now we have the Mooch-approved menus that get thrown in the trash. That's a real improvement.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Ref: the Harvard degree .....

Three high school friends meet up after a few years. Have a laugh and a joke, good meal and a few beers. They all get the urge to hit the gents at the same time.

The Harvard grad is first to finish. He walks to the sink, starts washing his hands. The Yale grad zips up, goes over to the sink and asks for the soap to wash his hands. The Aggie finishes off, zips, and starts to walk out the door.

The other two are scandalized!

"In Harvard we were always told to wash our hands after using the toilet!"
"We were taught the same in Yale!"

The Aggie looks at them, patiently. "Well, in A&M, we were taught not to piss on our hands in the first place."

Sounds about right.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline GourmetDan

In an interview with MSN.com, First Lady Michelle Obama explained she used to struggle to feed her kids right—even though she received an education from Harvard and Princeton.

Yeah, those affirmative-action students just kill the school's average GPA...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline GourmetDan

Maybe this is why liberals are always in everybody's business.

They think the rest of the country is having as difficult a time coping as they are...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Does anyone notice how the problems that we expanded government to fix keep getting bigger and bigger as the government expands to fix them?  How come Moochelle can't seem to figure that out with her hoity toity ivy league education?

Offline Rivergirl

And she still hasn't learned table manners.  Or any other manners either.

Offline GourmetDan

How come Moochelle can't seem to figure that out with her hoity toity ivy league education?

Because they are taught what to think, not how to think...

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Shoot.  My mother went to an actual one-room schoolhouse in the heart of Appalachia after the Depression.  Despite coming from a family where no one had more than an 8th grade education, and being pressured by her parents to quit after the 8th grade and help out the family - she received a high school diploma.  Never went to college.

SHE fed us healthy, balanced meals cooked from scratch every single day!  She didn't need no fancy schmancy ejumacation to do it either.  Of course, she had loads of common sense - that might have been the difference.

:shrug:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Relic

Mine too.
Geez....politicians these days.......................

When you have a media that worships you, you can say darn near anything and have it treated as if it were profound.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
What's so hard about putting a big crock pot of beans and rice on before you leave for work, getting a big bag of apples, and making sammiches? 

So easy, even a first lady could do it.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I was taught how to eat healthy in elementary school.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

Shoot.  My mother went to an actual one-room schoolhouse in the heart of Appalachia after the Depression.  Despite coming from a family where no one had more than an 8th grade education, and being pressured by her parents to quit after the 8th grade and help out the family - she received a high school diploma.  Never went to college.

SHE fed us healthy, balanced meals cooked from scratch every single day!  She didn't need no fancy schmancy ejumacation to do it either.  Of course, she had loads of common sense - that might have been the difference.
It's all about common sense. My parents were poor Appalachians, too, and they knew that dinner should consist of some protein (meat, for those of you with Harvard degrees), a starch (potatoes or rice for those of you with Harvard degrees) and a vegetable.

Duuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Ah'm Moochelle Obama and I don' know nuthin' 'bout how ta feed mah chilluns.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I guess she is missing the irony that she is claiming she didn't know how to feed her kiddos yet she assumes she can tell the rest of us how to?

rangerrebew

It would appear Moochelle ate the bulk of it and it went to her as - never mind. ^-^

Offline flowers

I guess she is missing the irony that she is claiming she didn't know how to feed her kiddos yet she assumes she can tell the rest of us how to?
+1

Oceander

YHGTBKM

Offline GourmetDan

Liberals always think that everyone else is as clueless as they were and (once they do catch a clue) that they are now experts in helping everyone else...

rangerrebew

If Anyone Else Said What Michelle Obama Just Did They Would Probably Earn A Visit From CPS

"I didn’t get it right.”

Even as she continues trying to dictate what every other child in America is allowed to eat, first lady Michelle Obama recently conceded that she wasn’t able to adequately feed her two daughters prior to the posh lifestyle she currently enjoys. In a recent interview, she recalled the trouble she had caring for Sasha and Malia before her husband became president.

“Before coming to the White House,” she said, “I struggled as a working parent with a traveling, busy husband, to figure out how to feed my kids healthy; and I didn’t get it right.”

She explained that her kids’ doctor had to scold her for “things that were going wrong” with her parenting style.

Obama took the position that she must serve as the arbiter of childhood nutrition because other parents just aren’t as smart as she is.

“I thought to myself, if a Princeton and Harvard educated professional woman doesn’t know how to adequately feed her kids, then what are other parents going through who don’t have access to the information I have?”

The best way to impose her will on the nation as a whole, she explained, is through public school mandates.

“It’s so important for our schools to make the hard calls for our kids,” she asserted, “because parents are struggling enough at home.”

She suggested there is an “epidemic of childhood obesity” in America because schools have yet to enthusiastically embrace her regulations. While dismissing accusations that compliance with her mandates are cost-prohibitive in many districts, Obama made her own assertions regarding the ostensible benefits of such guidelines.

“Schools have seen their test scores rise and attendance rates improve and disciplinary issues go away,” she insisted.

Of course, plenty of kids are willing to go public with their disapproval of the new guidelines, revealing that cafeterias are now serving meager and unappetizing meals.

In the end, though, Obama shows no signs of backing away from the increasingly unpopular mandates.

“The first step is not to roll back the standards,” she said, “but to help the schools that are struggling do a better job at making the meals more enjoyable for the kids. Good health and flavor go hand in hand.”

Read more at http://www.westernjournalism.com/michelle-admits-idea-feed-children/#HQsyYQuRQPgPi0pW.99