Author Topic: Kerry: Militants can't take Baghdad  (Read 2077 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Kerry: Militants can't take Baghdad
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2014, 11:11:57 pm »
Despite the flak you're getting on the thread...I generally agree with the above statement.   Generally, the key word.

Although I do believe we killed more than a few terrorists in Iraq during the Bush presidency, in deference to MusicLady, those terrorists had family too.  Ask them and 'he' died in righteous jihad...or some other abstract bullshit.   IOW, ask them and they're not the 'bad guys'.

But make no mistake.  President GHWB stopping Saddam Hussein in Desert Storm protected Americans AND preserved liberty.

And it's not 'Six degrees of Kevin Bacon' to see it.  Saddam would have given us $10 a gallon gasoline.

I was totally for going in and getting rid of the Hussein regime.   And I'd be for it again.

.....just not under this charlatan.

Yes, indeed.  Those non-'bad guys' chopped off the heads of children in front of their parents in Anbar Province, and our troops killed them dead.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 12:43:54 am by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2014, 11:19:16 pm »
Yes, indeed.  Those non-'bad guys' chopped off the heads of children in front of their parents in Anwar Province, and our troops killed them dead.

It makes me sick to my stomach...thinking many of the Iraqis being slaughtered today were cute, innocent 10 year olds when we "liberated" them.

WTF for?

I hate him.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2014, 11:20:20 pm »
Kerry is indeed clueless, and should learn to shut his damned mouth - but this can be laid at the door of Madam Clinton and the Worm. He's just working with what he's got at the moment. Let me rinse with bleach - I just defended an indefensible bleep.

They are the ones who ran most HUMINT capacity (a rather impressive network at one stage) into the ground. The combination of not looking after translators and letting the Pakistani doctor who actually fingered bin Laden swing in the breeze shut down co-operation like a clam slamming shut when you poke it.

SIGINT is fine and all very well, but the top brass on their side don't use phones or email. They use couriers who memorize instructions. Any encryption system can be broken, given enough time. The only way to break a courier is to catch him and make him talk.

All absolutely right and that is just the tip of the iceberg!

BTW: Does anyone want to make a guess as to where and how ISIS got those stingers?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 11:26:45 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2014, 11:23:07 pm »
This is the statement by Kerry that shows his cluelessness.

The turmoil in Iraq now is precisely because Obama and Hillary pulled everyone out of Iraq for PURELY POLITICAL purposes.

Had they treated Iraq, and what our troops had accomplished there, with even a modicum of respect and truthfulness, ISIS would not have had the capacity to do what it's doing now.

They needed the absence of an American presence there to begin their reign of terror.

And Obama obliged and left a chasm for them to fill.

Most recently yes! But there have been a great many previous statement by him that prove the case LONG ago for anyone who was paying attention!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2014, 11:30:10 pm »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2014, 11:30:56 pm »
Yes, indeed.  Those non-'bad guys' chopped off the heads of children in front of their parents in Anwar Province, and our troops killed them dead.

Not to mention the killing of THOUSANDS of Kurds with chemical weapons!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2014, 12:18:49 am »
"Never argue with an idiot.  They only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience." -- George Carlin

:smokin:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2014, 12:51:55 am »
Chieftan wrote above:
[[ I think we will be watching John eat those words in a matter of days.  This is an excellent example of how the Obama Administration insists on seeing things as they wish they were, instead of how they actually are. ]]

I'd trust John Kerry's comments on Iraq, about as much as I trusted Henry Kissinger's on South Vietnam back around 1974...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 12:59:14 am by Fishrrman »

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2014, 12:57:04 am »
Musiclady wrote about our involvement in Iraq:
[[ You're not going to convince me that it was a failure. ]]

The events of the next few months may convince you.

There's a reason our efforts in both Iraq and Afghanistan were doomed to fail, even before they began.

I'm not going to re-post it all here, but please see:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=140672.msg574753#msg574753
and
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,140734.msg575204.html#msg575204
and
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,140734.msg575223.html#msg575223

We've never even tried to fight the real "enemy" in either of those countries.
Until we do, not much is going to be gained there.
If anything, we're LOSING ground...

Offline musiclady

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2014, 01:19:33 am »

There's a reason our efforts in both Iraq and Afghanistan were doomed to fail, even before they began.

and
and

The events of the next few months won't convince me of anything other than the abject failure of Barack Obama, or his deliberate loss in Iraq.

When George W. Bush left office in 2009, Iraq was under control.  If a responsible President had followed him, it still would be.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2014, 01:21:56 am »

and
and

Regarding your post in the second link you cited here, I agree fully with Lando Lincoln's post immediately below yours.