Author Topic: Colorado baker to stop making wedding cakes after losing discrimination case  (Read 3011 times)

Offline SlapLeather

2 Timothy 3

3 But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. 2 For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, 4 treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
2 Timothy 3

3 But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. 2 For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, 4 treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.

Move out of Colorado?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline SlapLeather

Move out of Colorado?

Too late... Avoidance is not so much location.

Revelation 13

16 Also it causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave,[e] to be marked on the right hand or the forehead, 17 so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name. 18 This calls for wisdom: let the one who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and his number is 666.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
What do Bible verses have to do with civil affairs, anyway?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Charlespg

The whole situation is only indirectly about the cake. It is much more about 'submission'.

This entire case is about submission of a private citizen to the will of the State, and subsequently to the homosexual agenda.

By the way, none of this would be happening if the baker was a Muslim. Liberals have a negative obsession with Christians and Christianity. That is another big part of what this is all about.
:hands:
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline SlapLeather

What do Bible verses have to do with civil affairs, anyway?

Not much... anymore.

For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Luis wrote above:
[[ I don't support ANY of that, but it baffles me that people who are constantly talking about the slippery slope always fail to see that this is just another stop along the way of a ride we've been on for quite some time now. ]]

So, Luis -- just what do you think it will take to halt that slide down the slippery slope??

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
MAC wrote above:
[[ Should an artist be forced to paint portraits of someone against his moral or religious objections?  I think not. ]]

Wasn't there a similar case regarding a wedding photographer (who refused to cover a gay wedding) being run before a court for making such a refusal?

How much does that differ from your portrait painter?

How long before a painter, who upon solicitation by a gay couple for a double portrait refuses the job -- and is taken to court and ordered to do the painting?

Luis spoke of "the slippery slope" above.
Once we start slippin' down it, ANYTHING can become possible.

You also wrote in the same post:
[[ I don't have any problem with most anti-discrimination laws... ]]

Well, I'm going to get everything including the kitchen sink thrown at me for saying so, but I've come to the conclusion that the worst "slippery slope" of all -is- the concept of "anti-discrimination" laws. To go further, I've concluded that in some cases it is absolutely appropriate and NECESSARY to discriminate against certain individuals, or against entire groups. You've rolled your eyes at me before in the forum for stating as much, but such behavior is necessary for a society to retain its cutural mores and moorings.

It is because of "discrimation" of certain groups against others that national cultures were created and maintained.

Our egalitarian enthusiasm to dismantle such a culture is exemplified by all our attempts to "end discrimination".

Just look around -- it's like the country, society and culture is cracking and falling apart all around us. I see comments to this effect made almost daily here. Yet no one has the courage to cut to the chase, and opine on just what it would take to return to the "America of our past".

To paraphrase Gordon Gekko -- "discrimination is good".
It's high time we brought some of it back!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Once we start slippin' down it, ANYTHING can become possible

Start slipping?

We've been sliding down that slope for a loooong time.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 02:57:14 am by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline evadR

Start slipping?

We've been sliding down that slope for a loooong time.

There's no turning back or halting or even slowing "the slide". It's more like free fall.
As an example, the debt has now reached exponential proportions. It's like that penny that you start with and double every day. It's nothing at first but by the end of the month, you're in the millions of dollars.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Luis wrote above:
[[ I don't support ANY of that, but it baffles me that people who are constantly talking about the slippery slope always fail to see that this is just another stop along the way of a ride we've been on for quite some time now. ]]

So, Luis -- just what do you think it will take to halt that slide down the slippery slope??

Things we, as a society, are unwilling to do.

Coming soon to The Last Wire:

Luther and Calvin, LaQuana and Stephanie, and Superman and Bill and Ted. Climbing Up the Slippery Slope

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
There's no turning back or halting or even slowing "the slide". It's more like free fall.
As an example, the debt has now reached exponential proportions. It's like that penny that you start with and double every day. It's nothing at first but by the end of the month, you're in the millions of dollars.

The debt?

THE DEBT!

How DARE you mention the debt!

We're discussing homos and religion and queer Nazis and baking cakes... IMPORTANT THINGS!

Get back in line and discuss the things that politicians want you to talk about instead of paying attention to shit like the debt.

Agitator... 

Offline MACVSOG68

Well, I'm going to get everything including the kitchen sink thrown at me for saying so, but I've come to the conclusion that the worst "slippery slope" of all -is- the concept of "anti-discrimination" laws.

I take it you're no fan of the 14th or 15th Amendments?

To go further, I've concluded that in some cases it is absolutely appropriate and NECESSARY to discriminate against certain individuals, or against entire groups. You've rolled your eyes at me before in the forum for stating as much, but such behavior is necessary for a society to retain its cutural mores and moorings.

What if it's actually society that is changing rather than some invisible government conspiracy to destroy us?

It is because of "discrimation" of certain groups against others that national cultures were created and maintained.

So it must be a zero sum social game?  Are you suggesting that our white European culture needed slavery and other injustices to succeed? 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline olde north church

If it disturbs you that badly do something beyond writing a nasty post in a tiny corner of the Internet.  About 60 years ago, there was one black woman who refused to give up her seat.  Today Americans are unwilling to give up comfort.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline evadR

The debt?

THE DEBT!

We're discussing homos and religion and queer Nazis and baking cakes... IMPORTANT THINGS!

Get back in line and discuss the things that politicians want you to talk about instead of paying attention to shit like the debt.

Agitator...
MY apologies. I do tend to lose sight of the big picture.
I forgot, are queer Nazis good or bad?
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
MAC wrote above:
[[ Should an artist be forced to paint portraits of someone against his moral or religious objections?  I think not. ]]

Wasn't there a similar case regarding a wedding photographer (who refused to cover a gay wedding) being run before a court for making such a refusal?

How much does that differ from your portrait painter?

How long before a painter, who upon solicitation by a gay couple for a double portrait refuses the job -- and is taken to court and ordered to do the painting?

Once we start slippin' down it, ANYTHING can become possible.

You also wrote in the same post:
[[ I don't have any problem with most anti-discrimination laws... ]]

Well, I'm going to get everything including the kitchen sink thrown at me for saying so, but I've come to the conclusion that the worst "slippery slope" of all -is- the concept of "anti-discrimination" laws. To go further, I've concluded that in some cases it is absolutely appropriate and NECESSARY to discriminate against certain individuals, or against entire groups. You've rolled your eyes at me before in the forum for stating as much, but such behavior is necessary for a society to retain its cutural mores and moorings.

Our egalitarian enthusiasm to dismantle such a culture is exemplified by all our attempts to "end discrimination".

Just look around -- it's like the country, society and culture is cracking and falling apart all around us. I see comments to this effect made almost daily here. Yet no one has the courage to cut to the chase, and opine on just what it would take to return to the "America of our past".

To paraphrase Gordon Gekko -- "discrimination is good".
It's high time we brought some of it back!
Considering the fact that "whites" will be a minority in the US by 2043, you may wish to rethink that thought.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The debt?

THE DEBT!

Agitator...

If that is what you take away from what we were discussing then you are not nearly as bright as you seem to think you are. If that is all you got out of this discussion, then you missed the whole point by a mile.

The discussion had to do with growing governmental force on a personal and private level. It had nothing to do with queer nazis or all that other childish nonsense you listed. Grow up.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

If that is what you take away from what we were discussing then you are not nearly as bright as you seem to think you are. If that is all you got out of this discussion, then you missed the whole point by a mile.

The discussion had to do with growing governmental force on a personal and private level. It had nothing to do with queer nazis or all that other childish nonsense you listed. Grow up.

Maybe, it's you who completely missed my point.