Author Topic: Obama: 80 US troops in Chad seeking girls abducted in Nigeria  (Read 538 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://washingtonexaminer.com/obama-80-us-troops-in-chad-seeking-girls-abducted-in-nigeria/article/2548732

Obama: 80 US troops in Chad seeking girls abducted in Nigeria
BY ASSOCIATED PRESS | MAY 21, 2014 | 3:31 PM

President Obama says the U.S. has deployed 80 military personnel to Chad to help located more than 200 girls kidnapped in Nigeria.

Obama has sent a letter to House Speaker John Boehner and to the Senate notifying lawmakers about the steps underway to assist in the return of the abducted girls.

Obama says the service members will help with intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance aircraft for missions over northern Nigeria. He says the force will stay in Chad until its support is no longer necessary. Chad shares a portion of its western border with northeastern Nigeria.

The girls were kidnapped last month by an Islamic extremist group known as Boko Haram.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline speekinout

Re: Obama: 80 US troops in Chad seeking girls abducted in Nigeria
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 08:27:37 pm »
80 sitting ducks. They probably have orders not to fire on anyone, just to provide "assistance". And there won't be any backup.

That just shows how much I trust this 0bama guy. All he ever does is throw a sop to his political base, and too bad if it goes wrong. It gets him votes in the polls.

I do so hope this helps the GOP in Nov!  :0001:

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 08:35:19 pm »
This is all show and no go.  He doesn't want the girls found.  If they are, Madam Clinton will have to explain why Boko Haram weren't on the terrorist list, especially when she decided not to put them there.  AND, if they are found, and he doesn't call Boko Haram terrorists, there will be even more to explain. :Odance:

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 09:55:14 pm »
This is all show and no go.  He doesn't want the girls found.  If they are, Madam Clinton will have to explain why Boko Haram weren't on the terrorist list, especially when she decided not to put them there.  AND, if they are found, and he doesn't call Boko Haram terrorists, there will be even more to explain. :Odance:

Close.  What Obama does not want to do is be forced to admit that Al Qaeda is very much alive and well, and spreading across Africa faster than a mutated ebola virus.  These Nigerian school girls are the face of mainstream Islam, and until we have a President with the balls to stand up and call things like they are, instead of pretending things are the way he wants them, then the rot will continue to spread.

These men will not go away politely.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 10:56:30 pm »
What serious CiC would openly advertise the presence of these operators -  in detail including force number and location - to the media and to a Congress he has treated with nothing but contempt for the past six years?   The ongoing mendacity and fecklessness of this clown is breath-taking.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 11:01:10 pm »
What serious CiC would openly advertise the presence of these operators -  in detail including force number and location - to the media and to a Congress he has treated with nothing but contempt for the past six years?   The ongoing mendacity and fecklessness of this clown is breath-taking.

First thing I thought too.....the SOB can't keep his mouth shut when it comes to protecting our Special Forces.

Hate that I distrust my President, but there's a history of helicopter accidents happening....in the name of appeasement.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline speekinout

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 12:38:35 am »

That's the same thing I was getting at with my post. You said it better. I do worry that he is sacrificing our finest for his silly games.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 01:08:58 am »
80 sitting ducks. They probably have orders not to fire on anyone, just to provide "assistance". And there won't be any backup.
I'd be surprised if they even were armed.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org