Author Topic: Eternal Sunshine of the Intolerant Mind  (Read 8240 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Eternal Sunshine of the Intolerant Mind
« on: May 19, 2014, 04:12:54 am »
Eternal Sunshine of the Intolerant Mind
By Luis Gonzalez
The Last Wire

I am an intolerant man.

Ask anyone who has ever exchanged anything beyond social pleasantries with me, and they'll confirm it.

I am an intolerant man, and this is my manifesto.

Once, caught up in the "liberal at 20" portion of the well-known (wrongly attributed) quote about the impact of aging on one's political ideology, I would have agreed with the generally-accepted opinion which painted intolerance as a bad thing. All you have to do is to Google "quotes about intolerance" and you can see what I mean.

"Intolerance is itself a form of violence and an obstacle to the growth of a true democratic spirit." - Mahatma Ghandi

"When you discriminate against anyone, you discriminate against everyone. It's a display of terrible intolerance." - Alan Dershowitz

"Intolerance is evidence of impotence." - Alistair Crowley

Intolerance is violence.

Intolerance is discrimination.

Intolerance is impotence.

One would have to assume then that if intolerance means all of those things, then the opposite of intolerance must mean... well, the exact opposite, and that a world totally devoid of intolerance would be a world where peace, inclusiveness and potency abounded.

Think again

I am here to tell you right now that intolerance is the only hope for our survival as a nation, and most importantly, as a civilization.

~~~

Continue reading at The Last Wire

« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 04:52:38 am by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Eternal Sunshine of the Intolerant Mind
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 11:27:32 am »
Good one, Luis!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 12:01:11 pm »
Nicely done.

Prefer what I call "Not caring" more than tolerance. If someone is doing something that does not directly impact me or mine I tend to ignore it. Not condone it, not accept it - it's simply none of my business until they step across that line. Their life, their problem.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 12:30:11 pm »
What we need is Pope Urban II to call a Crusade and take those bastards on. Once and for all.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 12:30:50 pm »
I am an intolerant man, ready to defend our tolerant society from the onslaught of Islamic intolerance, and their tolerance-pushing enablers.

Pretty well sums up a nice essay Luis.  None are more intolerant than the crusaders for tolerance.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 01:34:20 pm »
Another goodun Luis!

The man who does not discriminate will not be here for long!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 01:52:54 pm »
Well stated, Luis.

In the same vein:
Jesus Would not Coexist
Friday, May 9, 2014
Catholic Voices
By Karl C. Schaffenburg

The ubiquitous blue COEXIST bumper sticker incorporates symbols of Islam, pacifism, male and female, Judaism, Wicca, Taoism, and Christianity. Piotr Młodozeniec, a Polish graphic artist, created the original COEXIST image. Various companies sell merchandise with some form of the image, and —  a note of inevitable conflict — some have threatened legal action to protect their control of profits. At it core the image represents a belief that spiritual harmony can be wished into existence.

What is not to admire in this goal? Why would a Christian hesitate to display this sticker during a daily commute? We may begin with how philosophy — that supposedly esoteric pursuit — matters in our everyday lives. A fundamental rule of logic is the “law of noncontradiction”: a statement cannot be both true and untrue.

Consider how the Abrahamic faiths understand Jesus Christ. At John 14:6, Jesus says, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father except by me.” Judaism considers Jesus a prophet but not the Messiah. In Islam, Isa (Jesus) is a messenger of God. Islam makes the specific claim that revelation did not end with “the people of the book” (the Jews) or with the prophet Isa, but with Muhammad.

Jesus cannot coexist with contradictory claims to truth made in other faiths. If Jesus had been content with coexistence he might have escaped crucifixion. We should live peaceably with all people (Rom. 12:18), but we ought not reduce this peace to a glib assertion that all paths lead to God. The assertion that all faiths are the same and there is no exclusive truth is itself a doctrine, and one that excludes all but the universalist. It represents an incoherent quest for tolerance. ...
Read the rest at Living Church
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2014, 03:33:57 pm »

:smokin:

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2014, 06:10:40 pm »
That's an interesting article, Luis. I've excerpted it on some other boards.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2014, 06:42:06 pm »
That's an interesting article, Luis. I've excerpted it on some other boards.

Thanks!

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2014, 12:24:04 am »
Luis, I have never felt threatened by US Muslims, at least the homegrown ones. I think that's because Muslims in the US are more assimilated, and for the most part, we've encouraged them to assimilate.

That's not the case in the UK where they suck up to Muslims. IIRC, some of the UK Muslims are homegrown.

Old joke:

Two families move from Pakistan to America. When they arrive the two fathers make a bet to see -- in a year's time -- which family has become more Americanized.

A year later they meet again. The man says, "My son is playing baseball. I had breakfast at McDonalds, and I'm on my way to pick up a case of Bud. How about you?"

The second man replies, "F*** you, towel head."

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2014, 12:37:36 am »
Luis, I have never felt threatened by US Muslims, at least the homegrown ones. I think that's because Muslims in the US are more assimilated, and for the most part, we've encouraged them to assimilate.

That's not the case in the UK where they suck up to Muslims. IIRC, some of the UK Muslims are homegrown.

Old joke:

Two families move from Pakistan to America. When they arrive the two fathers make a bet to see -- in a year's time -- which family has become more Americanized.

A year later they meet again. The man says, "My son is playing baseball. I had breakfast at McDonalds, and I'm on my way to pick up a case of Bud. How about you?"

That was good!  :laughingdog:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Oceander

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2014, 02:50:21 am »

Old joke:

:bigsilly:

That deserves a second!

:bigsilly:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2014, 03:26:29 am »

Old joke:

Funny joke.

I will remind you that the Boston Marathon bombings were carried out by Muslim immigrants. Nidal Hassan was born in America, as was John Allen Muhammad, one of the Beltway Snipers.

Jose Padilla was born a US citizen.

Musab Mohamed Masmari moved to Seattle to be a 9/11 Cultural Ambassador at the 9811 Media Arts Center helping Iraqi journalists. He just pleaded guilty to setting a fire in a gay nightclub in Seattle on New Year's Day  as 750 people celebrated inside, because according to the Koran, homosexuals must be exterminated.

The fact that you may not feel threatened by US Muslims does not translate into US Muslims not being a threat.

They are.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2014, 04:58:40 pm »
A very good piece, Luis.  Thank you for pointing it out.

I would suggest that our problem is well beyond the point of "political correctness" (which is in all actuality, Cultural Marxism, a topic unto itself) but an almost suicidal desire to pretend, "what is, isn't."

As a greater society, much of the West can no longer call a spade, a spade.  The longer we persist in pretending that the thin veneer of religiosity that disguise the system of total conquest and governance as a "religion," the more that their stated plans will advance.

It is sheer folly to ignore the infamous 1991 Civilization Jihad document that clearly spells out their plans to destroy Western Civilization (in particular the specific plans for North America) from within.  But perhaps not as insane as it is to ignore the progress that they have made to date on enacting that plan.  (There are many sources to find this document, here are just a couple of places it has been disseminated: The Muslim Brotherhood's Strategic Plan For America - Court Document and Part 2: The Brotherhood’s ‘Civilization Jihad’ in America  If the West persists in ignoring this black and white evidence, it will be destroyed over time.)

It is quite a neat trick of 'civilization jiujitsu' when you think about it.  The are using one of our greatest strengths and positive characteristics, i.e., our desire to be respectful of all (legitimate) religions and allow our fellow man to pursue their religious (or non-religious) lifestyles in peace, as the perfect cloaking mechanism to destroy the civilization from within.  Until Western Civilization collectively wakes up in significant numbers to stop this scourge, the conquest will continue silently each passing day.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2014, 05:07:16 pm »
"Political Correctness" my a$$.   

IMO, there's an active coup been going on in our country, at least, since January, 2009.

The MSM are active partners and should be considered Enemies of the State.

The current Congress...including both Republicans and Democrats are eunuchs.  They are cowardly...putting their own self-interests above the interests of the Republic as founded.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2014, 06:03:41 pm »
A very good piece, Luis.  Thank you for pointing it out.

I would suggest that our problem is well beyond the point of "political correctness" (which is in all actuality, Cultural Marxism, a topic unto itself) but an almost suicidal desire to pretend, "what is, isn't."

As a greater society, much of the West can no longer call a spade, a spade.  The longer we persist in pretending that the thin veneer of religiosity that disguise the system of total conquest and governance as a "religion," the more that their stated plans will advance.

It is sheer folly to ignore the infamous 1991 Civilization Jihad document that clearly spells out their plans to destroy Western Civilization (in particular the specific plans for North America) from within.  But perhaps not as insane as it is to ignore the progress that they have made to date on enacting that plan.  (There are many sources to find this document, here are just a couple of places it has been disseminated: The Muslim Brotherhood's Strategic Plan For America - Court Document and Part 2: The Brotherhood’s ‘Civilization Jihad’ in America  If the West persists in ignoring this black and white evidence, it will be destroyed over time.)

It is quite a neat trick of 'civilization jiujitsu' when you think about it.  The are using one of our greatest strengths and positive characteristics, i.e., our desire to be respectful of all (legitimate) religions and allow our fellow man to pursue their religious (or non-religious) lifestyles in peace, as the perfect cloaking mechanism to destroy the civilization from within.  Until Western Civilization collectively wakes up in significant numbers to stop this scourge, the conquest will continue silently each passing day.

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:

Rarely have I seen the fundamental TRUTH of anything so clearly stated!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien