Author Topic: Where Are the Selfies?  (Read 3662 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Where Are the Selfies?
« on: May 17, 2014, 04:01:18 am »
Where Are the Selfies?
By Luis Gonzalez
The Last Wire

Sometimes, posts just write themselves.

Sadly, this is one on of those times.

The Jerusalem Post - New York Edition:

Sudan on Thursday sentenced a 27-year-old mother to hang for apostasy when she refused to renounce her family and the Christian faith in which she was raised. She is also to receive 100 lashes for adultery beforehand.

Meriam Yahya Ibrahim was raised as a Christian by her Ethiopian mother. Her father, a Sudanese Muslim, was reportedly absent from her upbringing, but because she was born in Sudan, she is considered Muslim by the state. Ibrahim married a South Sudanese-American Christian man, Daniel Wani, but because the state religion in Sudan is Islam, the marriage is considered void and Ibrahim is considered to have committed adultery, and to have converted away from Islam, by marrying Wani.

Ibrahim has a 20-month-old son, Martin, who is being held in jail with her, and she is eight months pregnant. It is unclear whether she will be executed immediately after giving birth or if the court will wait two years, as local media has reported.

She has been in jail since February.

According to Amnesty International, she was arrested in August 2013 after a family member reported that she was committing adultery because of her marriage. The charge of apostasy was added the following February, when she said she was Christian.

“We gave you three days to recant but you insist on not returning to Islam. I sentence you to be hanged to death,” the judge said during her sentencing on Thursday, addressing Ibrahim by her Muslim name, Adraf al-Hadi Muhammad Abdullah, AFP reported.

She was arrested after a family member reported that she was committing adultery because of the marriage...

What kind of a sick POS would do that?

"In Islam, apostasy is commonly defined as the rejection in words or action of one's religion by a person who was previously a Muslim." - Source

Apostasy is one of only three permissible reasons to kill a Muslim, according to the Prophet Muhammad.

This wouldn't be the first time that Sudan has carried out the proscribed punishment for apostasy against a Sudanese citizen.  Sudanese Muslim reformer and mystic Mahmoud Muhammad Taha was hanged at Khartoum prison for committing apostasy in 1985.

Punishment for the crime of apostasy is not always death. Saudi Arabia seems to be a little lax in their extremism having shown leniency to Raif Badawi, whose punishment for starting "Free Saudi Liberals", a website dedicated to an open discussion of the role of religion in Saudi life was seven years in prison and 600 lashes. Badawi was accused and convicted of the crime of starting the website as well as disobeying his father.

Badawi's wife maintains that her husband never professed regret before the judge for his apostasy, yet the charge of apostasy was reduced.

The Badawi trial took place last year.

The religion of peace.

According to an anonymous Sudanese Human Rights activist, if Ibrahim were Muslim, then Islamic law would call for her execution to be carried out immediately after the birth of her child.

It's a sad state of affairs when the life of the unborn is respected more in a country where a mother can be executed for the crime of not being a Muslim while married, than it is here.

I want to know where all the "right to marry" activists are when it comes to Ibrahim's right to marry the person of her choice in Sudan. However, I fear that those guys jumping in would not be so much be a denunciation of the evils of Islam, but rather a denunciation of the evils of religion as a whole. To some people, there is no such thing a a bad time to use a tragedy to advance one's own cause.

"In Islam, one of the requirements of a mixed marriage is that the mother is allowed to follow her own religious practice but the children are to be raised as Muslims." - onislam.net

I want to know where all the atheists are on this issue. Why are they not protesting and calling for the separation of Mosque and State in Sudan?

I want to know why Barack Obama is not denounced as an apostate by Muslim Clerics throughout the world.

Most of all, I want to know why there are no selfies from the First Lady demanding Ibrahim's immediate release from jail, and supporting her right to marriage equality.

Maybe, if we can get a hashtag to trend, she'll jump in.

And that’s the last wire for Friday, May 16th 2014.

What was news before this moment, is now history.

Good night.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 04:05:41 am by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Where Are the Selfies?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 04:09:35 am »
Amen Luis!  I'm not going to hold my breath though - Obama seems to be fine with Christian persecution, it's the homosexual issues that really get him fired up.  It makes me sick to think about this poor woman - to think about ALL of the women that are victims of this barbaric "religion".  Damn it!  This is the War on Women! 

I'm so f**king tired of these lying hypocrites!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: Where Are the Selfies?
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 05:38:02 pm »
Amen Luis!  I'm not going to hold my breath though - Obama seems to be fine with Christian persecution, it's the homosexual issues that really get him fired up.  It makes me sick to think about this poor woman - to think about ALL of the women that are victims of this barbaric "religion".  Damn it!  This is the War on Women! 

I'm so f**king tired of these lying hypocrites!

Here's something else alice...

Seattle Muslim Man Pleads Guilty to Firebombing Gay Nightclub

A Muslim man formerly from Bellevue, Washington, who told a friend he thought “that homosexuals should be exterminated” pleaded guilty to charges that he firebombed a gay nightclub in the city on New Year’s Day.‎

Search warrant documents filed in King County Superior Court say the friend, who also is a Muslim, went straight to the FBI because he thought the man might be “be planning some terrorist activity.”

Musab Mohammed Masmari brought a one gallon tank of gas hidden inside a shopping bag into a Seattle gay nightclub around 11:30 p.m. on December 31, while approximately 750 people celebrated inside.

Masmari poured the gasoline on a carpeted staircase in the club just after midnight while hiding the container holding the rest of the gasoline behind a planter. He then lit the gas and ran away from the club, prosecutors said.

No one was injured in the firebombing. Two U.S. military personnel who were at the club put out the fire, and the club’s sprinkler system activated.

Why wasn't this covered ad nauseam by the media?

A Muslim who adheres to Islamic law on homosexuals, tries to mass murder homosexuals, yet these was little coverage in the national media.

Gay activists instead, go after wedding cake bakeries and photographers.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 05:39:19 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx