Author Topic: Michelle Obama: We ‘see our own daughters’ in Nigeria kidnap victims  (Read 523 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=E5707484-0435-4715-9D47-BBFC86354D49

Michelle Obama: We ‘see our own daughters’ in Nigeria kidnap victims
By: Nick Gass
May 10, 2014 07:04 AM EDT

First lady Michelle Obama expressed her “outrage” at the kidnapping of more than 200 girls by Boko Haram in Nigeria in her first solo weekly address released Saturday.

“In these girls, Barack and I see our own daughters,” Obama said while also marking Mother’s Day weekend. “We see their hopes, their dreams – and we can only imagine the anguish their parents are feeling right now.”

The kidnappings, which began earlier this month, have sparked worldwide outrage on social media. The first lady had tweeting a photo of herself holding a sign with the hashtag #BringBackOurGirls.

She said President Barack Obama has “directed our government to do everything possible to support the Nigerian government’s efforts to find these girls and bring them home.”

“And what happened in Nigeria was not an isolated incident…it’s a story we see every day as girls around the world risk their lives to pursue their ambitions,” Obama said.

She recalled the story of Malala Yousafzai, the young Pakistani education activist who survived an assassination attempt by the Taliban in October 2012. Yousafzai met with the first lady last year.

“I could feel her passion and determination as she told me that girls’ education is still her life’s mission,” she said.

Other notable public figures have called for the girls’ safe return including Secretary of State John Kerry, Ambassador to the U.N. Samantha Power and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton

And in her role as first mom, Obama doled out her own advice to American kids.

“I hope that any young people in America who take school for granted – any young people who are slacking off or thinking of dropping out – I hope they will learn the story of these girls and recommit themselves to their education,” the first lady added.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
deja-vu Trayvon = son....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

The internal polling must wonderful for them. They do things that help them politically.

Online mountaineer

Her daughters are driven to school in a motorcade.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online rustynail

Get me a shovel.

Offline sinkspur

Hey Mooch!

Blame your old man.  He could have overruled Hillary and classified these scum as terrorists, but both he and she are committed to having milk and cookies with radical Islamists.

This is what you get.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline flowers

I did not know the obama daughters have been prosecuted and attacked by sharia loving types their whole lives for being Christian? The only thing she sees is the color of the skin. They say nothing about any other murder rampages by their pals sharia lovers.

By now the event is over for mochelleele and she is to busy planning her next million dollar vacation. This will be out of the news  soon unless the Benghazi investigation goes south for them.