Author Topic: The GOP Has Finally Found a Way to Defeat the Tea Party  (Read 4872 times)

Offline evadR

Re: The GOP Has Finally Found a Way to Defeat the Tea Party
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2014, 06:30:38 pm »
"For me personally, I find reading and posting on occasion to be entertaining."

Yes. How would I know that I'm miserable if I didn't come here?
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2014, 06:36:07 pm »
The fact that he can't lead a football team in cold weather seems to be a non sequitur here.

BTW.

Was the temperature consistently warmer on Seattle's side of the snap?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2014, 10:22:15 pm »
For the very same reason that Peyton Manning and the Broncos got their asses handed to them by the Seattle Seahawks.

Brilliant!

Damn! Why didn't I think of that?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2014, 10:29:26 pm »
Brilliant!

Damn! Why didn't I think of that?

Not "getting" the allegorical meaning behind my response doesn't make it lack sense.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2014, 10:46:37 pm »
Perot was the quintessential example of democrat triangulation. The basic strategy has reared it's ugly head ever since.
Dims pull every trick in the book to split the republican vote, and it works, and they know it works.
But, I see we're in a pointless cycle of difference of opinion so, I'll back out.
It wasn't new. In 1948 Strom Thurmond got 1.2 million votes (2.5%), in 1968 George Wallace got 9.9 million votes (13.5%), in 1980 John Anderson got 5.7 million votes (6%) to cite a few times in the past.

Of late based on internet rhetoric, the Republicans would appear the most likely to self-sabotage, which is the risk of 3rd party challenges.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2014, 11:33:50 pm »
There is a republican here in SC that didn't want to run against Hailey in a primary, so he is running as an Independent Republican in the state election for Governor.  I am so mad I could spit nails!!! **nononono*

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2014, 06:19:08 pm »
There is a republican here in SC that didn't want to run against Hailey in a primary, so he is running as an Independent Republican in the state election for Governor.  I am so mad I could spit nails!!! **nononono*
These types, including Nader along with those above, are publicity seekers. And disruptors.

John Anderson in 1980 must have been out to prevent a Reagan win. I think with him it was philospohical. He represented the more moderate center, and felt Reagan was too far right. (I think Perot was similar, btw)

Had he obtained more votes and stopped Reagan, the result would have been a democrat win, closer to his own political positions.

Buchanan on the other hand, represented the more extreme conservative political positions. Had he blocked Bush's win, the result would have been farther left, not farther right positions.

So we are in agreement about spitting nails. But not all 3rd party efforts are the same, or have the same results.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln