Author Topic: Sarah Palin: ‘Waterboarding is how we’d baptize terrorists’ in her administration  (Read 13275 times)

Offline Carling

Apparently nobody here' s bothered by the fact that Palin bastardizes the term "baptize," which has no meaning in the dictionary that doesn't refer to Christian baptism and the pouring of water to initiate a person into Christianity. 

I'm bothered by it.  I was wondering how long it would on this board, or on another board I frequent, to point it out after I posted it.  If Palin was quoted correctly ... wow.  She's about this close to becoming a televangelist.  Which kind of makes sense...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 01:38:23 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Online Lando Lincoln

Yes, I paused over the word. I don't like it.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Oceander

How Reaganesque.

Offline Carling

She's not backing down.  Maybe it's time for her to just let people know she'll never run for President, given what she is quoted with saying.   :chairbang:

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin isn’t backing off the remark she made at the National Rifle Association’s annual meeting this weekend that if she were in charge, people “would know that waterboarding is how we baptize terrorists.”

“Would I make it again? Why wouldn’t I? Yeah, absolutely,” she told NBC News. “Terrorists who want to annihilate Americans, innocent Americans, our children — whatever it takes to stop them. If I were in charge, I’d be stoppin’ em.”

After speaking at the NRA’s “Stand and Fight Rally” Saturday night at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis before a crowd of thousands, Mrs. Palin hit the stump for Iowa Senate candidate Jodi Ernst Sunday at the Hy-Vee Conference Center in west Des Moines in front of a much smaller crowd of about 300 people, according to NBC — “one of the smaller crowds that’s ever greeted Palin in Iowa.

“Watch out Washington — Joni Ernst, she’s a mama grizzly ready to take a stand against the Russian bear,” Mrs. Palin said. “She knows what she’s talking about when she talks about freedom, what it takes to protect it.”

Mrs. Ernst is running for the GOP nomination in the race to succeed retiring Sen. Tom Harkin, a Democrat.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/28/sarah-palin-stands-firm-waterboarding-how-we-bapti/#ixzz30F7hQxnl
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Online Lando Lincoln

John Steinbeck

Offline sinkspur

Between the foolish "Mama Grizzly" caricature and the lame Dr. Seuss silliness, Palin's right on the edge of becoming a cartoon character.

"If I were in charge, I'd be stoppin' 'em." 

With what?  Stilettos? 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Carling

Really?

I'm embarrassed for her, but even more, those who give her PAC money.  The only reality show she could get on air is on a network called Sportsman Channel, which I never heard of before this show was announce.  I imagine Palin took an advance of over $1m, easily, in order to give this new channel an initial audience to whomever still will follow this celebrity. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 04:22:20 am by Carling »

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
The Sacrilegious Sarah Palin
Rod Dreher
The American Conservative
April 27, 2014

Man, the 12 minute speech Sarah Palin gave to the NRA convention is awful. It’s just witless, red-meat blathering, delivered in that nasal whine of hers that makes it sound like she’s chewing wads of tinfoil. For people who like this sort of thing, this is the sort of thing they like.

Fast-forward in the video to the 6:30 mark, though, and listen to what she says about terrorists. It’s part of a long harangue about lily-livered liberals, delivered in such a way that makes Archie Bunker sound like Cicero. Money quote:

“Oh, but you can’t offend them, can’t make them feel uncomfortable, not even a smidgen. Well, if I were in charge, they would know that waterboarding is how we baptize terrorists.”
More, with reader comments

Sarah Palin’s Barbarism
Patrick Brennan
National Review
April 28, 2014

It’s been no secret for a while that Sarah Palin, erstwhile vice-president candidate, is no longer a serious political contender — for evidence of that transition, note that even among her faithful, at CPAC this year, she got just 2 percent of the vote in the straw poll, tied with Condoleezza Rice. But as her crowd-pleasing performance in the very final speech of that event — and her lucrative contract with Fox News and huge social-media following — indicate, she’s gone from being a potential political leader to something of a cultural totem.

That means her speeches have gone from being standard political pabulum to something even more substanceless ...
More, with reader comments

But don't worry. Mark Levin comes to the rescue with some of his typical name-calling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaEERgHiUXU

Offline happyg

Palin didn't say we'd baptize terrorists in the name of the Holy Spirit, but baptize in general, that has nothing to do with Christianity, but with other kinds of rites.

Online Lando Lincoln

I want to be respectful to those who like Palin but when she speaks, I find her impossible to take beyond her first sentence. Sometimes, I have to wait awhile.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 01:05:26 am by Lando Lincoln »
John Steinbeck

Offline Carling

Palin didn't say we'd baptize terrorists in the name of the Holy Spirit, but baptize in general, that has nothing to do with Christianity, but with other kinds of rites.

She's speaking to a conservative audience, using the term "baptize" to that audience, and I'm supposed to think it wasn't on purpose?

If it wasn't, then Palin is an idiot.  She's not an idiot, so my thought is she used that loaded word in front of a willing audience in order to shore up the 10% of the population who pay her bills. 

The only real issue I have with Sarah is that she continually leaves teasers about leading the country, or running for President, when it's been obvious since 2008 to those of us on the right not caught up in the Palin Bubble that she has no intention of running for national office anytime soon. 

I got perma-banned from TOS because I said over and over she wasn't running, and even when she said she wasn't running, posters still wanted to start some asinine movement to have a brokered convention.  She's been dead politically to me since her "crony capitalism" smear on Rick Perry, anyhow.  That was just so dumb. 
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 12:31:39 am by Carling »

Offline happyg

Sarah Palin Told To Apologize For “Waterboarding” Comment…She Responds

Obviously, liberals freaked out over this remark, because they’re interested in making sure that terrorists picked up from the battlefields of Iraq and Afghanistan have the same constitutional rights that you and I do. They were horrified at the idea that Palin would take steps to save lives and protect this country from another 9/11.

Palin posted a response to these criticisms on her Facebook page, and she said that she wouldn’t stand down from using any means necessary to defend the United States from terrorist attacks.

She said:
                       Actions to stop terrorists who’d utterly annihilate America and delight in massacring our innocent children? Darn right I’d do whatever it takes to foil their murderous jihadist plots – including waterboarding. Whatever one thinks of my one-liner at the NRA rally about treating evil terrorists the way they deserve to be treated to prevent the death of innocent people, it’s utterly absurd for MSNBC to suggest that I could put our beloved troops in harm’s way, but we’ve come to expect the absurd from that failing network.

http://universalfreepress.com/sarah-palin-told-to-apologize-for-waterboarding-comment-she-responds/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Sarah Palin Told To Apologize For “Waterboarding” Comment…She Responds

Obviously, liberals freaked out over this remark, because they’re interested in making sure that terrorists picked up from the battlefields of Iraq and Afghanistan have the same constitutional rights that you and I do. They were horrified at the idea that Palin would take steps to save lives and protect this country from another 9/11.

Palin posted a response to these criticisms on her Facebook page, and she said that she wouldn’t stand down from using any means necessary to defend the United States from terrorist attacks.

She said:
                       Actions to stop terrorists who’d utterly annihilate America and delight in massacring our innocent children? Darn right I’d do whatever it takes to foil their murderous jihadist plots – including waterboarding. Whatever one thinks of my one-liner at the NRA rally about treating evil terrorists the way they deserve to be treated to prevent the death of innocent people, it’s utterly absurd for MSNBC to suggest that I could put our beloved troops in harm’s way, but we’ve come to expect the absurd from that failing network.

http://universalfreepress.com/sarah-palin-told-to-apologize-for-waterboarding-comment-she-responds/

Someone who refuses to back down is a threat to them and the entire Washington establishment! I LOVE her for that and the namby pamby whiners can all go straight to hell as for as I'm concerned!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline happyg

Someone who refuses to back down is a threat to them and the entire Washington establishment! I LOVE her for that and the namby pamby whiners can all go straight to hell as for as I'm concerned!

Rush said something similar, bigun: Limbaugh Defends Palin’s Waterboarding Remarks: ‘She’s At Least Taking It To The Enemy’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=t92ZtdJabRY

http://dailyrushbo.com/limbaugh-defends-palins-waterboarding-remarks-shes-at-least-taking-it-to-the-enemy/

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Oh Sarah...

Go shoot some bears or some elk or something.

But please be quiet.

Your first comment about Sarah was over the line, Luis. Please tone it down.

Mod2
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 02:19:27 pm by Mod2 »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sinkspur

There are no other kinds of "rites."  "Baptize" is a term particular to Christianity.  Look it up in the dictionary.

Palin doesn't know what it means either, I'm assuming.

If she does, even more reason for her to be ashamed of herself.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 02:23:22 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline happyg

There are no other kinds of "rites."  "Baptize" is a term particular to Christianity.  Look it up in the dictionary.

Palin doesn't know what it means either, I'm assuming.

If she does, even more reason for her to be ashamed of herself.

Baptism: •a person's initiation into a particular activity or role, typically one perceived as difficult.

any similar ceremony or action of initiation, dedication, etc.

a trying or purifying experience or initiation.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/baptism

•a person's initiation into a particular activity or role, typically one perceived as difficult.
"this event constituted his baptism as a politician"

synonyms: initiation, debut, introduction, inauguration, launch, rite of passage More
"his baptism 
https://www.google.com/webhp#q=meaning+baptism&revid=628657910
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 02:29:46 pm by happyg »

Online Lando Lincoln

Ironic that we're playing a semantics game with Sarah Palin's words.
John Steinbeck

Offline andy58-in-nh

Sarah enjoys poking the bear. The fact that the media rises to the bait every time simply encourages her.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

I'm not!

What she said was honest,  straight forward, and in tune with the REAL world we live in! I applaud her courage in saying it and stand ready to help her apply it!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 02:50:14 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Baptism: •a person's initiation into a particular activity or role, typically one perceived as difficult.

any similar ceremony or action of initiation, dedication, etc.

a trying or purifying experience or initiation.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/baptism

•a person's initiation into a particular activity or role, typically one perceived as difficult.
"this event constituted his baptism as a politician"

synonyms: initiation, debut, introduction, inauguration, launch, rite of passage More
"his baptism 
https://www.google.com/webhp#q=meaning+baptism&revid=628657910

At any time other than this, the fact that your definition totally leaves out baptism as a Christian rite would have been seen by nearly everyone in this forum as one of those "war on religion/Christianity" things.

But since this is a way to defend something that Saint Sarah said, that's perfectly OK.

I guess John the Baptist was initiating people into some kind of a fraternity.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Oh Sarah...

Go shoot some bears or some elk or something.

But please be quiet.

Your first comment about Sarah was over the line, Luis. Please tone it down.

Mod2

I find Sarah's comment offensive.

She's equating one of the most important tenets of my religion to what constitutes torture.

Sarah's comment is over the line, so you need top remove it as well.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 02:54:03 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline happyg

At any time other than this, the fact that your definition totally leaves out baptism as a Christian rite would have been seen by nearly everyone in this forum as one of those "war on religion/Christianity" things.

But since this is a way to defend something that Saint Sarah said, that's perfectly OK.

I guess John the Baptist was initiating people into some kind of a fraternity.

I think everyone here knows what Christian Baptism is, so didn't post it. Or do you really think we are that stupid? Sarah isn't a saint, but compared to RINOS, I'd say she has a lot more going for her.