Author Topic: GOP Leadership Plotting to Pass Amnesty in August, May Put AZ, TX in Play for Dems  (Read 10291 times)

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
My 'guess' is that we're not reproducing above the replacement rate, which is understandable in an "I want it NOW!" culture due to economic policies....abortion...and feminism.

Also, immigrants to the South are Christian...if anything, and our culture is Christian-based.

Also, more women will appear that look like Salma Hayek...once the bloodlines intermingle.   :laugh:

....which would help address the birth rate issue.

We should get back to the idea of the "melting pot" instead of encouraging people to embrace their "cultural identities."  Politicians on both sides of the aisle feed on the natural inclination of people to distrust "the other."  The Democrats have honed the craft to an art form.

You might be joking about races intermingling, but I think our only hope as a country is if we can encourage young people of different backgrounds to marry and have children.  Instead, they're having skype sex and avatar sex, which, the last I looked, isn't going to make too many offspring, Salma Hayeks or otherwise.  Our sophisticated technology has brought an entire generation to the point that its members prefer virtual reality to reality.

I maintain that God prefers mixed races as well, since the most healthy and robust creatures on the planet in any species come from the offspring of the most diverse genes.

Offline MACVSOG68

We should get back to the idea of the "melting pot" instead of encouraging people to embrace their "cultural identities."  Politicians on both sides of the aisle feed on the natural inclination of people to distrust "the other."  The Democrats have honed the craft to an art form.

You might be joking about races intermingling, but I think our only hope as a country is if we can encourage young people of different backgrounds to marry and have children.  Instead, they're having skype sex and avatar sex, which, the last I looked, isn't going to make too many offspring, Salma Hayeks or otherwise.  Our sophisticated technology has brought an entire generation to the point that its members prefer virtual reality to reality.

I maintain that God prefers mixed races as well, since the most healthy and robust creatures on the planet in any species come from the offspring of the most diverse genes.

Very well said!
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Very well said!

OK, just don't take it as an endorsement of the mulatto POTUS of ours. 

Offline MACVSOG68

LOL!  Just darn...

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

I was going to say.... :Odance:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline MBB1984

Some seem to think that the Hispanic population is as vulnerable to Democrat giveaways as the black population.  That is the farthest thing from reality.  What percentage of the black voters have supported Republicans in the past 50 years?  How about Latino?  Any reasonable reading of the voting patters show that Hispanics do actually think for themselves.

A bit racist in your analysis, don't you think?  All impoverished, uneducated people are vulnerable to democrat giveaways.  Amnesty will greatly increase their number and exponentially when their anchor babies can vote.  You bring in millions of  impoverished, uneducated people of any race or culture and you will bring in more democrats, culminating in a Marxist hell.     

Offline MACVSOG68

A bit racist in your analysis, don't you think?  All impoverished, uneducated people are vulnerable to democrat giveaways.  Amnesty will greatly increase their number and exponentially when their anchor babies can vote.  You bring in millions of  impoverished, uneducated people of any race or culture and you will bring in more democrats, culminating in a Marxist hell.   

This from you:  Do you really think that uneducated, impoverished individuals illegally coming to America will be attracted to GOP principles?

And I'm the racist for suggesting that Latinos can actually think for themselves?  You've actually written them off; I'm suggesting we can embrace them and bring more into the GOP. :shrug:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

"...down goes Frazier!  Down goes Fraier!"      :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline MBB1984

This from you:  Do you really think that uneducated, impoverished individuals illegally coming to America will be attracted to GOP principles?

And I'm the racist for suggesting that Latinos can actually think for themselves?  You've actually written them off; I'm suggesting we can embrace them and bring more into the GOP. :shrug:

The racist implication was that blacks (and you made several direct contrasts between blacks and Latinos) cannot think for themselves.   Uneducated, impoverished individuals illegally coming to America of any race, color or creed will not be attracted to GOP principles.   In the short run it is in their best interest to vote for entitlements and that they will do. 

Offline MACVSOG68

The racist implication was that blacks (and you made several direct contrasts between blacks and Latinos) cannot think for themselves.   Uneducated, impoverished individuals illegally coming to America of any race, color or creed will not be attracted to GOP principles.   In the short run it is in their best interest to vote for entitlements and that they will do.

Right...

Blacks are 95% owned by the Democrats and since you believe Hispanics are undeniably heading in the same direction, because of issues of who they are (which you said), I respectfully disagree on several levels.  I haven't written them off; you have.

Offline olde north church

Personally I don't believe MOST Americans want anything remotely like amnesty. What they do Want is that the laws (all of them) be faithfully executed!

If republicans are loosing the issue it's because they have failed to make a case! This isn't about right and wrong it's about what the high dollar donors want and to HELL with everything and everyone else!

The businesses that own the government want it.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Our culture... I was talking about our CULTURE, and you guys are discussing politics.

Here... let me whet your appetite.

"We have 50 million Muslims in Europe. There are signs that Allah will grant Islam victory in Europe—without swords, without guns, without conquest—will turn it into a Muslim continent within a few decades." - Muammar Gaddafi

Carry on... I'll be back.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

"...down goes Frazier!  Down goes Fraier!"      :laugh:

:silly: :silly:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
There is no such thing as an American melting pot.

Never existed.

It's a quilt.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

Never existed.

It's a quilt.

I agree it never existed in reality.  Americans have always been divided by racial, geographic, generational and social class differences.  But it was an aspiration, and it was a good one, because it suggested we should find common ground and build on it, as opposed to the current political climate which focuses on the differences and suggests that each group should "get theirs" in the form of tax breaks or handouts or both.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I agree it never existed in reality.  Americans have always been divided by racial, geographic, generational and social class differences.  But it was an aspiration, and it was a good one, because it suggested we should find common ground and build on it, as opposed to the current political climate which focuses on the differences and suggests that each group should "get theirs" in the form of tax breaks or handouts or both.

I agree that the raw immigrant will tend to congregate with their own kind...hence the birth of countless Kaisertowns, Little Italy, and Chinatown areas found in many major cities.  There is safety in numbers, etc..

But their children are full blooded Americans and many of them are our parents and grandparents.

Hence the "melting pot".

A quilt in the beginning.   Looking back for generations...a melting pot.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

Never existed.

It's a quilt.

I agree with you Luis.  You know what's so beautiful about a quilt?  Every little block of fabric is different and beautiful on it's own - then when you piece them all together it is a beautiful work of love! 

Who wants a melting pot - you melt everything together and you get this homogenous sauce that is all one color and one flavor - BORING.

I love different cultures!  Just because we are different and want to keep our traditions doesn't mean we can't have common ground.  Our common ground is our love for America - with all of it's DIFFERENT patches of fabric, it's beautiful because it's not all the same.

I live in a part of the country that is known for it's unique cultural heritage, Appalachia.  I LOVE the culture and history of my people and would absolutely hate it if we were asked to forget it and meld in with everyone else. 

I love the immigrants, no matter where they come from.  I just think that we should have the right to know who is here, if they have a criminal background, and will they be able to be a productive member of our society without having to be a drain to our resources.  If they want to jump through the hoops to become a citizen - great!  Get in line.

Should we make it easier for people to get work visas and citizenship?  Yes.  But we should require that they follow the rules. The problem is that our government has turned it's back on enforcing the rules and encouraged people to sneak in the back door.  Why?  I'll tell you why and it is evil to the core.

Big business and the politicians they financially support need third world country cheap labor to drive their profits.  What is more convenient than having a third world country right on our southern border?  They don't want these countries to develop - they want to keep the people desperate so that they'll work cheap - and that's just the whole sordid truth about it. 

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Alice - I might be slightly in love with you right now.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

Alice - I might be slightly in love with you right now.

:happyhappy:  :kisses2:

Offline katzenjammer

I agree with you Luis.  You know what's so beautiful about a quilt?  Every little block of fabric is different and beautiful on it's own - then when you piece them all together it is a beautiful work of love! 

Who wants a melting pot - you melt everything together and you get this homogenous sauce that is all one color and one flavor - BORING.

I love different cultures!  Just because we are different and want to keep our traditions doesn't mean we can't have common ground.  Our common ground is our love for America - with all of it's DIFFERENT patches of fabric, it's beautiful because it's not all the same.

I live in a part of the country that is known for it's unique cultural heritage, Appalachia.  I LOVE the culture and history of my people and would absolutely hate it if we were asked to forget it and meld in with everyone else. 

I love the immigrants, no matter where they come from.  I just think that we should have the right to know who is here, if they have a criminal background, and will they be able to be a productive member of our society without having to be a drain to our resources.  If they want to jump through the hoops to become a citizen - great!  Get in line.

Should we make it easier for people to get work visas and citizenship?  Yes.  But we should require that they follow the rules. The problem is that our government has turned it's back on enforcing the rules and encouraged people to sneak in the back door.  Why?  I'll tell you why and it is evil to the core.

Big business and the politicians they financially support need third world country cheap labor to drive their profits.  What is more convenient than having a third world country right on our southern border?  They don't want these countries to develop - they want to keep the people desperate so that they'll work cheap - and that's just the whole sordid truth about it.

There you have the Truth of it, Thank You.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 01:30:02 am by katzenjammer »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

I will argue that our concerns about immigrants not adapting themselves to our society and the fear that their lack of willingness to adapt will harm the nation is neither new, or unique.

"I am perfectly of your mind, that measures of great Temper are necessary with the Germans: and am not without Apprehensions, that thro’ their indiscretion or Ours, or both, great disorders and inconveniences may one day arise among us; Those who come hither are generally of the most ignorant Stupid Sort of their own Nation, and as Ignorance is often attended with Credulity when Knavery would mislead it, and with Suspicion when Honesty would set it right; and as few of the English understand the German Language, and so cannot address them either from the Press or Pulpit, ’tis almost impossible to remove any prejudices they once entertain. Their own Clergy have very little influence over the people; who seem to take an uncommon pleasure in abusing and discharging the Minister on every trivial occasion. Not being used to Liberty, they know not how to make a modest use of it; and as Kolben says of the young Hottentots, that they are not esteemed men till they have shewn their manhood by beating their mothers, so these seem to think themselves not free, till they can feel their liberty in abusing and insulting their Teachers. Thus they are under no restraint of Ecclesiastical Government; They behave, however, submissively enough at present to the Civil Government which I wish they may continue to do: For I remember when they modestly declined intermeddling in our Elections, but now they come in droves, and carry all before them, except in one or two Counties; Few of their children in the Country learn English; they import many Books from Germany; and of the six printing houses in the Province, two are entirely German, two half German half English, and but two entirely English; They have one German News-paper, and one half German. Advertisements intended to be general are now printed in Dutch and English; the Signs in our Streets have inscriptions in both languages, and in some places only German: They begin of late to make all their Bonds and other legal Writings in their own Language, which (though I think it ought not to be) are allowed good in our Courts, where the German Business so encreases that there is continual need of Interpreters; and I suppose in a few years they will be also necessary in the Assembly, to tell one half of our Legislators what the other half say; In short unless the stream of their importation could be turned from this to other colonies, as you very judiciously propose, they will soon so out number us, that all the advantages we have will not in My Opinion be able to preserve our language, and even our Government will become precarious." - Benjamin Franklin, letter to Peter Collinson May 9, 1753/quote]

Offline MACVSOG68

Sometimes it's best to just kick back and read.  Some great thoughts by y'all on the last several posts.   :thumbsup:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I will argue that our concerns about immigrants not adapting themselves to our society and the fear that their lack of willingness to adapt will harm the nation is neither new, or unique.

And I would argue that those fears have been well founded in many cases.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MBB1984

Right...

Blacks are 95% owned by the Democrats and since you believe Hispanics are undeniably heading in the same direction, because of issues of who they are (which you said), I respectfully disagree on several levels.  I haven't written them off; you have.

You need to carefully reread my posts because your assertion is based on a falsehood.  I never made any negative statement about any racial or ethnic group, Hispanic or otherwise.   It is a fact that uneducated and impoverished individuals of all races and creeds tend to vote democrat.  If you give amnesty you will import more, as illegal aliens, indeed all aliens, tend to be democrats and you will increase the number of democrats. You need only look to California to see the truth displayed and the rapid move to a left wing state.

Offline katzenjammer

And I would argue that those fears have been well founded in many cases.

Yes, the experience of the last several decades certainly cements that.