Author Topic: On Good Friday years ago, NYC skyscrapers lit up with crosses and showed a nation that embraced fait  (Read 322 times)

Offline libertybele

As a nation, including our politicians need to embrace faith once again!!

On Good Friday years ago, NYC skyscrapers lit up with crosses and showed a nation that embraced faith

Faith leaders and ordinary Americans are stunned by a spectacular public display of Christian faith that lit up the skyscrapers of New York City on Good Friday in 1956 and resurfaced on social media this week.

"It’s a very powerful image," Alex McFarland, president of McFarland Ministries in North Carolina, told Fox News Digital.

"My heart was moved to think about that time when publicly and culturally we were not ashamed to invoke not only God, but invoke Jesus Christ.".............

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/good-friday-years-ago-nyc-skyscrapers-lit-up-crosses-showed-nation-embraced-faith

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline berdie

Thank you for posting this.

Offline mountaineer

I'm happy to report that various cashiers/tellers, etc., bade me a Happy Easter today as I went about my errands.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

I'm happy to report that various cashiers/tellers, etc., bade me a Happy Easter today as I went about my errands.

How wonderful.  Not a mention around here.  Notta.

I went to buy a spiral sliced ham for dinner -- notta.  I did find a very tiny one, enough for hubby to make ham salad.

We have a Omaha Steak prime rib in the freezer, so that's what we're going to have.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.