Author Topic: BREAKING: Militia Arrives at Bundy Ranch  (Read 12992 times)

Offline SouthTexas

Re: BREAKING: Militia Arrives at Bundy Ranch
« Reply #125 on: April 13, 2014, 04:26:00 pm »
Libertarianism is not anarchy. It is a philosophy of limited government, not one of no government.

Government has a purpose in a free society: to protect and enforce contracts, to secure individual rights against force and fraud, to adjudicate legal disputes, to secure the borders, to maintain public facilities and accommodations, and yes, to levy taxes to support its legitimate purposes.

Progressive statists have lately been using the straw man of "anarchy" as a means of attacking libertarian and Tea Party citizens, pretending in essence that the only alternative to a massive government powerful enough to read your emails and dig through your trash is a condition of total anarchy. They are lying, as always.

Those of us who want to be left alone to live our lives do not expect nor demand the imposition of anarchy, but rather a return to ordered Constitutional liberty as envisioned by America's Founders.

:patriot:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #126 on: April 13, 2014, 04:58:12 pm »
Not in the slightest Luis.   I have rental property, I don't get to call in snipers when the rent is late.  I would have my ass thrown in jail so quick it would make your head spin.  You wish to tolerate this action by our government on it's own citizens?

What I have major issues with is the massive overreach by ALL government agencies these days, this is only one of them.   If "self proclaimed" conservatives support this behavior in our local, state, and federal agencies, this country is already lost.

If they stay there twenty years, in violation of court orders to vacate your property, and they threaten violence if anyone ties to remove them, people with guns and protective gear, overwhelming force, will be called, by you, to have them removed.

The government gave Bundy twenty years to abide by the Court rulings. If the same government takes twenty years to remove renters from your property after a Court orders them out, you'd be attacking the government for not doing its job.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 05:01:04 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2014, 04:59:00 pm »
Libertarianism is not anarchy. It is a philosophy of limited government, not one of no government.

Government has a purpose in a free society: to protect and enforce contracts, to secure individual rights against force and fraud, to adjudicate legal disputes, to secure the borders, to maintain public facilities and accommodations, and yes, to levy taxes to support its legitimate purposes.

Progressive statists have lately been using the straw man of "anarchy" as a means of attacking libertarian and Tea Party citizens, pretending in essence that the only alternative to a massive government powerful enough to read your emails and dig through your trash is a condition of total anarchy. They are lying, as always.

Those of us who want to be left alone to live our lives do not expect nor demand the imposition of anarchy, but rather a return to ordered Constitutional liberty as envisioned by America's Founders.

Hear, hear.

Libertarianism is anarchy to authoritarians and statists.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline olde north church

« Reply #128 on: April 13, 2014, 05:14:41 pm »

Who sets the limits?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2014, 05:21:46 pm »
Who sets the limits?

The people via their State and Federal Constitutions, neither of which Bundy recognizes as legitimate.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2014, 06:13:18 pm »
The people via their State and Federal Constitutions, neither of which Bundy recognizes as legitimate.

His group of supporters must be impressed by the cowboy hat and tough talk, because it can't be for his demonstrated respect for our system of laws, through elected representatives.

Thousands of other ranchers pay their fees, under exactly the same system. What makes him special?

BTW Sharron Angle's husband was a BLM employee.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2014, 06:50:53 pm »

I do apologize for the colorful language.  But the fact remains that he is a trespasser on someone else's property.  He knows that and he has openly admitted that he's a trespasser.  That makes him a lawbreaker.

I would like to put forward a rather blunt analogy:  Mr. Bundy is an illegal immigrant.  On the Bunkerville Allotment he overstayed his visa.  On the Gold Butte areas he simply took his cattle across the border without anyone's permission.  I'm not entirely sure why Mr. Bundy is a hero and all the rest devils.

Technically, you are an illegal immigrant.  :whistle:

Which Native tribe granted your ancestors land and permission to stay?

You knew I had to go there - the God of Mischief should expect it!
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2014, 07:04:14 pm »
If they stay there twenty years, in violation of court orders to vacate your property, and they threaten violence if anyone ties to remove them, people with guns and protective gear, overwhelming force, will be called, by you, to have them removed.

The government gave Bundy twenty years to abide by the Court rulings. If the same government takes twenty years to remove renters from your property after a Court orders them out, you'd be attacking the government for not doing its job.

Something that continues to me misstated, I don't know whether intentional or not, but the Bundys were not and are not living on government (OUR) land.  The gubmint grass in question is next door.

You do understand what a sniper does right?  The scope on that rifle is not there to count turtles. 

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #133 on: April 13, 2014, 07:38:09 pm »
Something that continues to me misstated, I don't know whether intentional or not, but the Bundys were not and are not living on government (OUR) land.  The gubmint grass in question is next door.

You do understand what a sniper does right?  The scope on that rifle is not there to count turtles.

No one is saying that the Bundys are living on government land. Their cattle is grazing on government land.

No one is trying to take Bundy's home or his property. They are removing his cattle from government land because he hasn't paid his grazing fees since 1993.

The fact that he has (in the past) paid grazing fees should make it very clear, to even the most obstinate soul, that Bundy was using someone else's lad, since you don't have to pay grazing fees for your cattle to graze on your own property.

The snipers were there because Bundy has frequently threatened to use violence against anyone who tried to enforce the court orders.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 07:38:28 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #134 on: April 13, 2014, 08:32:32 pm »
Okay!  Okay!  "Uncle" already!

Was just thinking that this may have been a teachable moment as to why our military and our U.S. bases don't allow soldiers to carry loaded weapons.

Even my son carried an empty rifle while on guard duty in Germany.

THAT'S why nobody got hurt.  Militia were steadfast in not shooting first.  Thank God none of them were like Boyd Crowder.

Imagine IF the rancher's supporters DID fire on the government...and it was discovered that they carried unloaded weapons?  Interesting...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 08:33:09 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #135 on: April 13, 2014, 08:58:35 pm »
Here are the Dry Lake Solar documents that used to be on the BLM website up until a day or so ago. Copies of court orders also included.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ke3ap5qfw101r71/5YXGPwqndA

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/th7etvwuuk815o0/IPvUa6xBit
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 08:59:35 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #136 on: April 13, 2014, 09:04:28 pm »
Who sets the limits?

Ultimately: the laws of God or Nature; take your pick. But people have a right to establish their own government, elect their own representatives, and to enact the rules by which such government must serve the people.  Our Constitution was designed for those purposes. It also includes the right to alter or abolish any government that exceeds its authority, especially when it violates inalienable human rights.   
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #137 on: April 13, 2014, 09:08:42 pm »
No one is saying that the Bundys are living on government land. Their cattle is grazing on government land.

No one is trying to take Bundy's home or his property. They are removing his cattle from government land because he hasn't paid his grazing fees since 1993.

The fact that he has (in the past) paid grazing fees should make it very clear, to even the most obstinate soul, that Bundy was using someone else's lad, since you don't have to pay grazing fees for your cattle to graze on your own property.

The snipers were there because Bundy has frequently threatened to use violence against anyone who tried to enforce the court orders.

Quite a few have blurred the lines on this.  And confiscating his cattle IS seizing his property. 

The snipers were there to prove who was in charge, who is the master and who is the peon.

I give up, you want that kind of government, fine.  Don't call me when they come for you and yours.

« Reply #138 on: April 13, 2014, 09:16:32 pm »
Ultimately: the laws of God or Nature; take your pick. But people have a right to establish their own government, elect their own representatives, and to enact the rules by which such government must serve the people.  Our Constitution was designed for those purposes. It also includes the right to alter or abolish any government that exceeds its authority, especially when it violates inalienable human rights.

That would be correct.  How many people in the past 244 years have accused the government as illegitimate?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #139 on: April 13, 2014, 09:23:38 pm »
Not in the least.  I was born here.  Ius Soli.  Same reason some people dislike "anchor babies."  My great-greats (at least) were the anchors, however.

That's funny.

From your avatar, I thought you were a Norse god....   :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline oldno7

« Reply #140 on: April 13, 2014, 09:54:00 pm »
 I don't post here much, so I'll make it quick.

Is everyone here accepting of laws written by "lawmakers", for good or bad?(ie-we accept them)

Who writes laws enforced by the blm?

I'm done, see that was easy.

Better throw in a quote before I run..

"There's no way to rule innocent men.
The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals.
Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them.
One declares so many things to be a crime
that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws."

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #141 on: April 13, 2014, 10:21:34 pm »
I don't post here much, so I'll make it quick.

Is everyone here accepting of laws written by "lawmakers", for good or bad?(ie-we accept them)

Who writes laws enforced by the blm?

I'm done, see that was easy.

Better throw in a quote before I run..

Good quote, you should post more often! 

One of the main problems that we have is that these (extra Constitutional for the most part) federal agencies write their own "regulations" which have the effect of "laws" actually written by the lawmakers that are supposed to have this authority (i.e., Congress and/or state legislatures).  Not only do these unelected, unaccountable bureaucrats write their own laws, but they have their own (armed to the teeth) enforcement divisions, and their own courts.  (And BTW, in these administrative law "courts," the citizen is not presumed innocent with the state required to make a case for guilt; it is basically the opposite, the citizen is presumed to be "guilty" with the burden of "proving" her/his innocence (and quite often being bankrupted in the process).)

This is one of the main ways that we have all been "criminalized" (referring to your Atlas Shrugged quote) and until it stops, the tyranny will just continue to harden day after day, as it has for decades.  Some will continue to cheer it on by taking the side of the tyrannical gubmint whenever possible, and others will fight it at every opportunity that presents itself.

Offline oldno7

« Reply #142 on: April 13, 2014, 10:31:37 pm »
 Very well stated.

These were the points I wanted to bring up.

There is a lot more to this than a rancher refusing to pay a lease.

Here is a blm document showing the approved "renewable energy projects"

Of course one would take water from the muddy river, which empties into the Virgin river--you guessed it, just across from the land Cliven Bundy runs cattle.

This isn't made up info--these are facts.

All of the other renewable projects, flew through their EIS's,

ALL under the obama administration.

So it's clear--they get to choose where and how many turtles they can kill.

This has never been about cattle or turtles, it is clear.

www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/prog/energy/renewab...ewable_projects.html

Offline aligncare

« Reply #143 on: April 13, 2014, 11:34:42 pm »

I spent this weekend learning to navigate the new and old laws (now seriously being enforced) in healthcare.

HIPAA - Health Care Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, (established medical privacy laws). This is the legislation that put us on the road to nationalized medicine. We are currently seeing stepped up enforcement of HIPAA .

ACA, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obama Care) public law 111-148. Establishes provider screening and compliance programs.

Office of Inspector General (OIG) Report (June 2005) : The OIG determined that [significant numbers] of claims are in error or fraudulent.

DHHS AND DOJ ISSUE WARNING ON POTENTIAL EHR (Electronic Health Records) MISUSE  (Thursday, Oct 4, 2012)

-------------------

So, many doctors who are innocently unaware that a certain percentage of their customary practices are now illegal could find themselves getting a visit from the FBI, with jail time and fines in the millions of dollars simply for running afoul new regulations related to patient privacy and billing or for not being in "compliance" with HIPAA or Obamacare.

How does any of this help doctors get sick people well?

« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 11:55:01 pm by aligncare »

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #144 on: April 14, 2014, 01:37:05 am »
Very well stated.

These were the points I wanted to bring up.

There is a lot more to this than a rancher refusing to pay a lease.

Here is a blm document showing the approved "renewable energy projects"

Of course one would take water from the muddy river, which empties into the Virgin river--you guessed it, just across from the land Cliven Bundy runs cattle.

This isn't made up info--these are facts.

All of the other renewable projects, flew through their EIS's,

ALL under the obama administration.

So it's clear--they get to choose where and how many turtles they can kill.

This has never been about cattle or turtles, it is clear.

www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/prog/energy/renewab...ewable_projects.html

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #145 on: April 14, 2014, 01:38:23 am »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #146 on: April 14, 2014, 02:32:27 am »
Why Cliven Bundy Is Not Wrong- From A Fellow Rancher

There have been a lot of people criticizing Clive Bundy because he did not pay his grazing fees for 20 years. The public is also probably wondering why so many other cowboys are supporting Mr. Bundy even though they paid their fees and Clive did not. What you people probably do not realize is that on every rancher’s grazing permit it says the following: “You are authorized to make grazing use of the lands, under the jurisdiction of the Bureau of Land Management and covered by this grazing permit, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this grazing permit and payment of grazing fees when due.” The “mandatory” terms and conditions go on to list the allotment, the number and kind of livestock to be grazed, when the permit begins and ends, the number of active or suspended AUMs (animal units per month), etc. The terms and conditions also list specific requirements such as where salt or mineral supplements can be located, maximum allowable use of forage levels (40% of annual growth), etc., and include a lot more stringent policies that must be adhered to. Every rancher must sign this “contract” agreeing to abide by the TERMS AND CONDITIONS before he or she can make payment. In the early 90s, the BLM went on a frenzy and drastically cut almost every rancher’s permit because of this desert tortoise issue, even though all of us ranchers knew that cow and desert tortoise had co-existed for a hundred+ years. As an example, a family friend had his permit cut by 90%. For those of you who are non ranchers, that would be equated to getting your paycheck cut 90%. In 1976 there were approximately 52 ranching permittees in this area of Nevada. Presently, there are 3. Most of these people lost their livelihoods because of the actions of the BLM. Clive Bundy was one of these people who received extremely unfair and unreasonable TERMS AND CONDITIONS. Keep in mind that Mr. Bundy was required to sign this contract before he was allowed to pay. Had Clive signed on the dotted line, he would have, in essence, signed his very livelihood away. And so Mr. Bundy took a stand, not only for himself, but for all of us. He refused to be destroyed by a tyrannical federal entity and to have his American liberties and freedoms taken away. Also keep in mind that all ranchers financially paid dearly for the forage rights those permits allow – - not rights to the land, but rights to use the forage that grows on that land. Many of these AUMS are water based, meaning that the rancher also has a vested right (state owned, not federal) to the waters that adjoin the lands and allow the livestock to drink. These water rights were also purchased at a great price. If a rancher cannot show beneficial use of the water (he must have the appropriate number of livestock that drinks and uses that water), then he loses that water right. Usually water rights and forage rights go hand in hand. Contrary to what the BLM is telling you, they NEVER compensate a rancher for the AUMs they take away. Most times, they tell ranchers that their AUMS are “suspended,” but not removed. Unfortunately, my family has thousands of “suspended” AUMs that will probably never be returned. And so, even though these ranchers throughout the course of a hundred years invested thousands(and perhaps millions) of dollars and sacrificed along the way to obtain these rights through purchase from others, at a whim the government can take everything away with the stroke of a pen. This is the very thing that Clive Bundy single-handedly took a stand against. Thank you, Clive, from a rancher who considers you a hero.

-Kena Lytle Gloeckner

http://www.libertyandlead.com/2014/04/13/why-cliven-bundy-is-not-wrong-from-a-fellow-rancher/

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #147 on: April 14, 2014, 03:20:54 am »

Kena fails to mention one tiny little point:  A big chunk of the land Mr. Bundy is trespassing on is land that he never had a grazing permit for in the first place.  That makes everything else ring hollow.

This is actually sad.

There is such built up animus for the government, so much distrust and such pent up frustration that people are willing to believe any story that paints the government in a bad light, even when the facts do not support the memes. As the news circulate through the blogosphere, the story begins to take a life of its own, and suddenly we have protected turtles, Harry Reid and the Chinese and facts no longer matter.

I think that reason stops at a certain point, and people don't care whether Bundy is right or wrong. They just want to fight the government.

It's dangerous times that we live in.

SPQR

« Reply #148 on: April 14, 2014, 07:57:05 am »
Just leave this guy in peace. The government is getting a little petty in fighting a rancher.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 08:02:05 am by SPQR »

« Reply #149 on: April 14, 2014, 08:35:43 am »

I agree.  It's a shame also because all of that energy could be spent in so many more productive ways.  And it also ends up doing long-term damage because this will be portrayed to the undecided as just another reason to avoid the conservative "kooks" in November.

I respectfully disagree.  This may be exactly what's necessary to cut the dead wood from the legislatures.  People have long memories after situations like this.  It hangs with you like bile.