Author Topic: BREAKING: Militia Arrives at Bundy Ranch  (Read 13036 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: BREAKING: Militia Arrives at Bundy Ranch
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2014, 03:39:06 pm »

The State gave the land over to the Federal government to manage it. That is as common as you owning rental property and giving the management aspect over to a management company.

If Bundy refuses to pay fees to the Feds, he's wrong... it was the State who gave the land over to the Feds to manage and collect the grazing fees.

I am as anti-Federal government as they come, but I don't see how Bundy is right here.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2014, 03:42:09 pm »
Then please stop calling a poster with a minority POV a troll.

Thank you.   :patriot:

Why do you constantly defend people not engaged in real conversation of the same goals as most here; dire concern for our country to fix America from the brink? Ever notice they never engage in conversation of any other subject than this current Bundy one and defending the GOP Establishment? Who are you, their keeper? Let them speak for themselves.

Who are you to tell me how to post? Go whine and get me banned, I really don't care. Few here call these trolls out. When I have. Think real hard, about their reaction. They complained I cussed and showed bad mod manners. Then you pointed out I have no seniority here, they do. Whoopie flip! They never engage in the debate of their POV or goals. They ignore and attack when asked their political affiliation. There is a reason one of them has been banned from every site. Most are liberal posters recruited from DU from another site that failed at mixing conservatives with republicans. I had better debate with Libby than these people. So until I see differently you bet your sweet red-headed loving ass, I will call them trolls with the goal of disrupting and creating division.

This http://www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/prog/energy/oil_and_gas/recent_lease_sales.html   is what they are defending. Only progressives are defending this. It is one thing to be a jerk like TOS and ban all in rampages for being trolls. It is another to sit by and watch them ruin a website with you as their nanny. Defending this issue and Harry Reid is quite odd. Let them defend their side of things. If they are real in their POV it would be clear too many here by now, don't you think? They don't need a protector.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2014, 03:47:43 pm »
Why do you constantly defend people not engaged in real conversation of the same goals as most here; dire concern for our country to fix America from the brink? Ever notice they never engage in conversation of any other subject than this current Bundy one and defending the GOP Establishment? Who are you, their keeper? Let them speak for themselves.

Who are you to tell me how to post? Go whine and get me banned, I really don't care. Few here call these trolls out. When I have. Think real hard, about their reaction. They complained I cussed and showed bad mod manners. Then you pointed out I have no seniority here, they do. Whoopie flip! They never engage in the debate of their POV or goals. They ignore and attack when asked their political affiliation. There is a reason one of them has been banned from every site. Most are liberal posters recruited from DU from another site that failed at mixing conservatives with republicans. I had better debate with Libby than these people. So until I see differently you bet your sweet red-headed loving ass, I will call them trolls with the goal of disrupting and creating division.

This http://www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/prog/energy/oil_and_gas/recent_lease_sales.html   is what they are defending. Only progressives are defending this. It is one thing to be a jerk like TOS and ban all in rampages for being trolls. It is another to sit by and watch them ruin a website with you as their nanny. Defending this issue and Harry Reid is quite odd. Let them defend their side of things. If they are real in their POV it would be clear too many here by now, don't you think? They don't need a protector.

Name calling in a debate Gazoo, is a sign of immaturity.

Grow up.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2014, 03:49:05 pm »
Gazoo - a total aside:

Thank you for reminding me of Libby (or k8tee??) I miss her rather a lot. She were a tough ass, could hold her corner against all comers, and was a very sweet person.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2014, 03:53:30 pm »
Gazoo - a total aside:

Thank you for reminding me of Libby (or k8tee??) I miss her rather a lot. She were a tough ass, could hold her corner against all comers, and was a very sweet person.

I enjoyed debating Libby. She was real. Have a good day EC!

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2014, 03:55:29 pm »
Name calling in a debate Gazoo, is a sign of immaturity.

Grow up.

Where did I name call?  If you don't like my post don't read it or report me.

Thanks for your valuable ever so wise, mature input.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2014, 04:02:41 pm »
Where did I name call?  If you don't like my post don't read it or report me.

Thanks for your valuable ever so wise, mature input.

Being called names for having an opinion that's not "popular" with other posters is what makes TOS what it is, and not what myst wants this place to be. I don't want to ignore your posts because then I'd miss the other valuable points that you make, but calling other people names because you don't agree with their point of view is wrong and immature, so grow up.

Offline flowers

« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2014, 04:51:03 pm »
BREAKING NEWS: BLM ends roundup of Bundy cattle

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/25230368/major-development-in-bunkerville-cattle-battle-between-cliven-bundy-and-blm

LAS VEGAS -- The Bureau of Land Management has announced it will stop the roundup of cattle owned by rancher Cliven Bundy. The BLM says the animals have been illegally grazing on public lands for 20 years.

The BLM made the announcement Saturday morning, a week after rangers started gathering the animals off land near Gold Butte.

The agency says it is concerned about the safety of its employees and the public.

The I-Team has learned the deal to end the gather was brokered by Clark County Sheriff Doug Gillespie.

According to sources, the BLM wants to proceed with the sale of the cattle already gathered during the roundup but is reportedly willing to share the revenue from the sale with Bundy.

Sheriff Gillespie has been negotiating with Bundy

Offline musiclady

« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2014, 04:59:03 pm »
I enjoyed debating Libby. She was real. Have a good day EC!

You should have tried debating Libby about women's "rights"..................i.e. abortion.

She was a total jerk.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 04:59:52 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline happyg

« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2014, 05:09:40 pm »
You should have tried debating Libby about women's "rights"..................i.e. abortion.

She was a total jerk.

I never posted there. I must have missed some "good" stuff!  :whistle:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2014, 05:10:31 pm »
http://www.infowars.com/breaking-cliven-bundy-to-meet-with-clark-co-sheriff/

LIVE: Clark Co. Sheriff Announces BLM ‘Will Cease Operation,’ Land to be Open to Public

Infowars.com
April 12, 2014

Clark County Sheriff Douglas C. Gillespie just announced that the Bureau of Land Management will cease their persecution of cattle rancher Cliven Bundy. He also stated that the land will remain public land. Stay tuned for updates and live coverage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epPo7OOfxws
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2014, 05:12:53 pm »
I never posted there. I must have missed some "good" stuff!  :whistle:

She was good at pretending to be a decent and reasonable person, but she had very long claws when it came to the 'right' to kill babies.

There were others far worse, but she definitely wasn't any more rational than the majority of leftists out there.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2014, 05:13:47 pm »
http://www.infowars.com/breaking-cliven-bundy-to-meet-with-clark-co-sheriff/

LIVE: Clark Co. Sheriff Announces BLM ‘Will Cease Operation,’ Land to be Open to Public

Infowars.com
April 12, 2014

Clark County Sheriff Douglas C. Gillespie just announced that the Bureau of Land Management will cease their persecution of cattle rancher Cliven Bundy. He also stated that the land will remain public land. Stay tuned for updates and live coverage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epPo7OOfxws

I'll be interested if finding out how this came about!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 05:14:20 pm by musiclady »

Offline flowers

« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2014, 05:57:23 pm »
I'll be interested if finding out how this came about!
I am thinking Harry Reid had a bit to do with this event today. The powers that be didn't want anything messy before the midterms.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2014, 06:55:54 pm »
I am thinking Harry Reid had a bit to do with this event today. The powers that be didn't want anything messy before the midterms.

Good probability.  Filthy leftists trying to hide filthy behavior.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2014, 07:34:45 pm »

Gazoo!   You're beginning to remind me of Johnny Tyler (Billy Bob Thornton)  in Tombstone.   "I thought we was friends!"

It's not the poster I defend....it's the RIGHT of the minority opinion to be accepted and tolerated without somebody impugning their motives.

As far as all the other stuff in your post....    :shrug:   KMA!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2014, 07:53:36 pm »

She was a total jerk.

I missed those. Figure if I father a child, or pick one up, I look after it - otherwise not my concern.

She did have some sharp insights on the up and down sides of term limits though.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2014, 08:11:28 pm »
The way I see it, the BLM is creating laws they "feel" are right.  Same BS as the EPA and numerous other federal agencies that are operating well outside of their jurisdiction. 

The common response is "if you don't like it, go to Congress and change the law".    Would that also apply to the other side also?  But they don't seem to have to do that, they just make it up as they go along.
Apparently the BLM is operating under statutes dating to at least 1934.

It appears the popular opinion here is relying on Alex Jones for information, but it could get even worse than that.

We could all get stirred up about the management by fedgov of our interstate highways and waterways, get ourselves some camo costumes and guns, and go protest alongside the roads. Maybe cause a wreck or two, before we start firing.

I just can't decide which outlandish stuff to start with. Fracking, solar, beef, China, Brazil, Reno, Laughlin, Reid, Obama, Pelosi.

They all been plotting this since 1934?

BTW it is 192 miles from Bunkerville Nevada to Circleville Utah, Butch Cassidy's hometown. (Robert Leroy Parker)

He specialized in the non-violent art of robbing without killing. Highly intelligent, carefully planned, successful.  No camo gear needed.

Hopefully those involved in Bunkerville can come away without injury. But I worry that low information Militia will feel deprived of their fight some day soon, and make a mess of the conservative's chances in 2014 and 2016.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2014, 09:59:47 pm »
Maybe you're right, but that still doesn't mean that Bundy is not in the wrong here.

There is a highway that I've traveled daily for decades in South Florida, last year the State government made it a toll road and suddenly I was paying to use a road that I'd used for free for years.

The tree of liberty is refreshed with the blood of both patriots and tyrants.

Don't think there has ever been a fight or disagreement where one side is totally right and the other totally wrong, that's the way of things.

Bad comparison on the toll roads.  They tried that here and were told no, not going to happen.  They are not free to travel, I paid for them the first time as I'm sure you did for yours. 

Agreed on the last and I'm afraid it's getting closer and closer.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2014, 10:05:39 pm »
Don't think there has ever been a fight or disagreement where one side is totally right and the other totally wrong, that's the way of things.

Bad comparison on the toll roads.  They tried that here and were told no, not going to happen.  They are not free to travel, I paid for them the first time as I'm sure you did for yours. 

Agreed on the last and I'm afraid it's getting closer and closer.

We don't disagree on till roads at all.

You either pay the new tolls or you find other roads to travel.

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2014, 11:03:26 pm »
Apparently the BLM is operating under statutes dating to at least 1934.

It appears the popular opinion here is relying on Alex Jones for information, but it could get even worse than that.

We could all get stirred up about the management by fedgov of our interstate highways and waterways, get ourselves some camo costumes and guns, and go protest alongside the roads. Maybe cause a wreck or two, before we start firing.

I just can't decide which outlandish stuff to start with. Fracking, solar, beef, China, Brazil, Reno, Laughlin, Reid, Obama, Pelosi.

They all been plotting this since 1934?

BTW it is 192 miles from Bunkerville Nevada to Circleville Utah, Butch Cassidy's hometown. (Robert Leroy Parker)

He specialized in the non-violent art of robbing without killing. Highly intelligent, carefully planned, successful.  No camo gear needed.

Hopefully those involved in Bunkerville can come away without injury. But I worry that low information Militia will feel deprived of their fight some day soon, and make a mess of the conservative's chances in 2014 and 2016.

They've been rounding up turtles since 1934?  Probably not eh?

Have heard of Alex Jones, but don't really follow.  have a link?

Outlandish?  How about confiscation of private property, I.E. the cattle?  what's next, the ranch?

Low information militia? Retired LE, ex military?  The ones I know are far from low info people.

Started this a while back and got hung up on the phone.

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2014, 11:06:28 pm »
We don't disagree on till roads at all.

You either pay the new tolls or you find other roads to travel.

They exist in the cities, but so far we have kept them at bay in the country.   

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2014, 11:47:33 pm »
They exist in the cities, but so far we have kept them at bay in the country.

The point being that once they become toll roads you pay them.

Once the BLM was handed the management of those lands by the State of Nevada, you have to pay the grazing fees to whoever is collecting them.

Offline happyg

« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2014, 11:55:37 pm »
The point being that once they become toll roads you pay them.

Once the BLM was handed the management of those lands by the State of Nevada, you have to pay the grazing fees to whoever is collecting them.

The standoff proves that Nevada needs to change the way it operates. The people weren't being served by the BLM, but pocketbooks were. Sometimes you just have to take a stand and say, "enough is enough". People have rebelled against red light cameras after laws took effect and won. What's so different about this? There are other times that fed up people rebelled to change things. This is nothing more than a scheme to run ranchers off their land and using the government to do so. I hope this started something big. It's past time the government needs a shakeup.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2014, 12:17:30 am »
The standoff proves that Nevada needs to change the way it operates. The people weren't being served by the BLM, but pocketbooks were. Sometimes you just have to take a stand and say, "enough is enough". People have rebelled against red light cameras after laws took effect and won. What's so different about this? There are other times that fed up people rebelled to change things. This is nothing more than a scheme to run ranchers off their land and using the government to do so. I hope this started something big. It's past time the government needs a shakeup.

You mean the Bundy family wasn't "being served".

Most of the people of Nevada didn't appear to give much of a Shiite.

They keep re-electing Harry Reid.

Btw, this law has been in place for decades, and it's been upheld by the Courts.

If you don't agree with all that, then all you have left is armed insurrection to overthrow the Government.