Author Topic: Washington Post's Kathleen Parker Suggests People with Southern Accents Not 'Smart' or 'Sophisticated'  (Read 1052 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/04/06/Washington-Posts-Kathleen-Parker-Attacks-People-With-Southern-Accents-As-Not-Smart-or-Sophisticated

on Breitbart TV 6 Apr 2014, 9:11 AM PDT

After NBC's "Meet The Press" host David Gregory ran an anti-ObamaCare ad targeting Sen. Mark Pryor from Arkansas featuring a couple with a southern accents questioning the confusing nature of the Affordable Care Act, Washington Post columnist Kathleen Parker objected to Americans for Prosperity using people with southern accents in political ads running in Arkansas:

"I think you could find someone who doesn't have a southern accent who is confused by this act," Parker said. "We always seem to find the character who seems a little countrified, who can't just fathom this. You know there there are plenty of smart sophisticated people equally hazy about what is really going on."
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 01:13:21 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline happyg

I quit reading her articles a long time ago. She doesn't make sense a lot of the time, and is sometimes reminds me of a Maureen Dowd wannabe.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
For crying out loud, it's Arkansas. Did you expect them to sound like Liverpudlians?

I remember when the DCCC was running ads up here in WNY peddling "X Republican Congressman employed labor in China" lies and they tried to pass off some lady with an identifiable New York City Jewish accent as some local. It was almost comical.

Of course, my accent is Buffalonian with a little bit of drawl and a few Anglicisms for colour.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline happyg

I was amazed Kathleen said something so stupid. Just another stupid rino, who don't know when to shut up. I wonder if she is so cloistered, that she isn't around southerners?  You can't go anywhere in this town without running into someone from the south. I imagine, being from Ohio, she thinks we are all rednecks and illiterate.

Offline RedForemanRules

I quit reading her articles a long time ago. She doesn't make sense a lot of the time, and is sometimes reminds me of a Maureen Dowd wannabe.

This.   She seems to want to play up more to the DC dinner circuit than anything else.  Rarely read her articles, she completely jumped the shark after Obama was elected. 

Offline mountaineer

A self-loathing Southerner?
Parker grew up in Winter Haven, Florida, graduated from Winter Haven High School in 1969, and attended Converse College before transferring to Florida State University where she majored in Spanish Literature. She also holds a Master's degree in the subject from Florida State.

She is married to an attorney, has three sons, and currently resides in Camden, South Carolina.[6]
Wikipedia
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I think she's taking "Mountain Monsters" too seriously........ :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline happyg

A self-loathing Southerner?Wikipedia

I don't think she had a good reply to the topic, so just said anything that came to mind...just like her writings.

Online rustynail

Offline happyg

Bless her heart.

You are a true southern gentleman, rusty!