Author Topic: Sarah Palin: Paul Ryan Budget 'a Joke'  (Read 1368 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sarah Palin: Paul Ryan Budget 'a Joke'
« on: April 02, 2014, 01:44:41 am »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/04/01/Sarah-Palin-Paul-Ryan-Budget-a-Joke

by Tony Lee 1 Apr 2014, 4:34 PM PDT

Former Alaska Governor and vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin blasted Rep. Paul Ryan's (R-WI) budget as a joke after she realized that Ryan's budget, which many Tea Party leaders referred to as "fiction," was actually not a joke – even though he released it on April Fool's Day.

Invoking the Wisconsin Badgers who made the Final Four and are from Ryan's home state, Palin wrote:

Holy Moly! Are you kidding? You’d think one who is representing the mighty Badgers, who made it to the Final Four based on sacrificial work ethic and discipline that obviously pays off in the end, he who represents the great state of Wisconsin that hosts this underdog celebrated college basketball team, would understand that future success depends on hard work and sacrifices. The latest Ryan (R, Wisconsin) Budget is not an April Fool’s joke.

Palin said that the budget that was presented, though,"really IS a joke because it is STILL not seeing the problem."

"It STILL is not proposing reining in wasteful government overspending TODAY, instead of speculating years out that some future Congress and White House may possibly, hopefully, eh-who-knows, take responsibility for today’s budgetary selfishness and shortsightedness to do so," she continued. "THIS is the definition of insanity. Do we still not understand how dangerous it is to allow government to grow unchecked as we shackle ourselves with massive debt – a good portion of which is held by foreign nations who don’t necessarily like us?"

"If we can’t balance the budget today, what on earth makes us think it will happen at some future date?" she wrote. "The solution is staring us in the face. We need to rein in spending today, and don’t tell me there is nothing to cut when we know every omnibus bill is loaded with pork and kickbacks."

Palin urged her supporters to read the Tea Party leaders quoted in the Breitbart News article she linked that gave her "the same reaction that my daughter just caused when she punked me with a very unfunny April Fool’s Day announcement:"

As my Dad would say after these April Fool’s announcements, “This would kill a lesser man.” This out-of-control debt is killing our economic future.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Ryan Budget 'a Joke'
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 01:49:01 am »
It's easy to Monday-morning quarterback

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 02:14:23 am »
The half-term governor has a helluva lot of nerve criticizing Ryan's budget, which actually makes an effort at balance.

She's got no skin in the game, carping from behind her fat reality show paycheck.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline happyg

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 02:19:37 am »
The half-term governor has a helluva lot of nerve criticizing Ryan's budget, which actually makes an effort at balance.

She's got no skin in the game, carping from behind her fat reality show paycheck.

She has as much right as anyone to criticize the bill. She does have skin in the game, as we all do. What does her reality show have to do with it? She is busy making a living, while you trash her for doing the same. She's smart and intuitive, whether you like her or not.

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 02:20:45 am »
She has as much right as anyone to criticize the bill. She does have skin in the game, as we all do. What does her reality show have to do with it? She is busy making a living, while you trash her for doing the same. She's smart and intuitive, whether you like her or not.

and she also has a conflict of interest inasmuch as she gets attention for this sort of nonsense; I will bet good money she wouldn't get nearly as much attention if she had given a more sober, detail-oriented critique.

Offline xyno

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 02:22:27 am »

She's an idiot. A cheeky, awshucks, "let me get a quip in" idiot.  But, she has a right to be an idiot.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 02:28:37 am »

She doesn't know jack.  She's busy appealing to her starry-eyed, horny post-50 year old male audience. 

Hell, she was barely in office long enough to put together a budget as a governor;  she'd be in way over head to do a federal budget.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 02:31:55 am »
She doesn't know jack.  She's busy appealing to her starry-eyed, horny post-50 year old male audience. 

Hell, she was barely in office long enough to put together a budget as a governor;  she'd be in way over head to do a federal budget.

She was a Gov and I am sure she submitted a state budget..so she does know what she is talking about....and can voice an opinion just like you and I...

edited to add that she was elected in 2006 and resigned in 09 so it looks like she would have submitted 2 or 3 state budgets...and yes I know it is not the federal budget.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 02:34:28 am by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline happyg

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 02:33:02 am »

There's a lot more to Sarah than you give her credit for. You are just as hard on Cruz. You hate conservatives. Period!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 02:51:41 am »
Am I missing something, or is the new definition of "conservative" somebody gullible and or so "low information," as to believe it possible to run the country from a small majority in one house?

She is now fully invested in the GOPe vs. Tea Party paradigm. Got to play it to the hilt, for her narrow, deep and loud band of groupies. She can make a living off it, just like Pat Buchanan, etc.

TP favorable are down, unfavorables up. Why? Because it is STUPID to base your movement on Republicans replacing other Republicans.

The nation needs Republicans to replace democrats.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 02:53:24 am »
There's a lot more to Sarah than you give her credit for. You are just as hard on Cruz. You hate conservatives. Period!

She's got no stomach for elective office.  Risk-averse.

Her skills are limited to cutesy remarks and corny take-offs on Dr. Seuss delivered in a high-pitched whine that makes dogs howl.

I don't hate Conservatives.  I love smart conservatives, like Ryan. 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2014, 03:04:43 am »
OMG..you mention Palin and the long knives come out...and it us usually from MEN!...geeeeeeez...I am no fan of Palin's but this animosity towards her is breathtaking....does she threaten *mens* masculinity I wonder?

All she did was criticize this budget as she as every right to......and as I have found didn't do such a bad job with hers in Alaska..

In June 2007, Palin signed into law a $6.6 billion operating budget—the largest in Alaska's history.[81] At the same time, she used her veto power to make the second-largest cuts of the construction budget in state history. The $237 million in cuts represented over 300 local projects and reduced the construction budget to nearly $1.6 billion.[82] In 2008 Palin vetoed $286 million in funds for 350 projects from the FY09 capital budget, or 13% of the total budget.[83] The Anchorage Daily News said the cuts "may be the biggest single-year line-item veto total in state history."
Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2014, 03:06:36 am »
She was a Gov and I am sure she submitted a state budget..so she does know what she is talking about....and can voice an opinion just like you and I...

edited to add that she was elected in 2006 and resigned in 09 so it looks like she would have submitted 2 or 3 state budgets...and yes I know it is not the federal budget.

Regardless of all that she is RIGHT about the Ryan budget. It is a joke. Not a real cut in sight. Only a slight slowing of the rate of growth.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 03:07:12 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2014, 03:11:03 am »
OMG..you mention Palin and the long knives come out...and it us usually from MEN!...geeeeeeez...I am no fan of Palin's but this animosity towards her is breathtaking....does she threaten *mens* masculinity I wonder?

All she did was criticize this budget as she as every right to......and as I have found didn't do such a bad job with hers in Alaska..
In June 2007, Palin signed into law a $6.6 billion operating budget—the largest in Alaska's history.[81] At the same time, she used her veto power to make the second-largest cuts of the construction budget in state history. The $237 million in cuts represented over 300 local projects and reduced the construction budget to nearly $1.6 billion.[82] In 2008 Palin vetoed $286 million in funds for 350 projects from the FY09 capital budget, or 13% of the total budget.[83] The Anchorage Daily News said the cuts "may be the biggest single-year line-item veto total in state history."

In other words she knows how to distinguish between REAL cuts and the phoney BS Ryan is trying to sell!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2014, 03:12:24 am »

Some men just hate women who can think for themselves, have their own opinions, or are intelligent.  Some just hate her because she's a woman; no other reason is needed.

Personally, I like those traits in a woman.  I enjoy intelligent conversation.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline xyno

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2014, 03:58:39 am »
A lot of gratuitous judgment of men simply because some disdain Palin? 

Shallow.

Personally, as far as intelligent conversation goes, I find much of what she says meandering and bordering on intelligible.

Offline speekinout

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2014, 04:03:08 am »
Sarah needs to have more than just attacks on Ryan's budget. What would she propose for a budget? The problem is that about 70% of the budget is mandatory spending - entitlements and interest on the debt. Surely she wouldn't zero out the military, which is about another 16%. That doesn't leave a lot to work with, and Ryan's proposal is certainly better than any other we've seen.

I'm really not a fan of flame throwers. I do like seeing alternate proposals that might solve a problem. In this case, Sarah threw some flames - she didn't give an alternative.

Oceander

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2014, 04:08:53 am »
Sarah needs to have more than just attacks on Ryan's budget. What would she propose for a budget? The problem is that about 70% of the budget is mandatory spending - entitlements and interest on the debt. Surely she wouldn't zero out the military, which is about another 16%. That doesn't leave a lot to work with, and Ryan's proposal is certainly better than any other we've seen.

I'm really not a fan of flame throwers. I do like seeing alternate proposals that might solve a problem. In this case, Sarah threw some flames - she didn't give an alternative.

That is a very good analysis; thanks!

Offline xyno

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2014, 11:34:12 am »

Yes, thank you.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2014, 12:04:32 pm »
I'm no Palin fan... but she is right.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024